Search results

1. aikofan

Audient iD4 Audio Interface Review

I understand that the iD4 headphone out has high output impedance, so it works better with high impedance headphones. My Sennheiser HD650 sounded fine through them with plenty of power for me, although I’m not the kind who loves to blast my eardrums out through my headphones.
  2. aikofan

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Yes, I was considering that, but I think that would result in the cable looping out to the left, which might be an improvement but fall short of perfection. What I really need is more of a U- or J-shaped connector that curves sharply backwards instead of at a right angle.
  3. aikofan

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

I updated my setup recently, adding a Rode NT1 and Motu M2 to my existing Cambridge CXN v2 -> Genelec 8030c. I just wish the Motu had the inputs in the back. I liked the form factor and industrial design of the Audient iD4 better (why aren't there more interfaces with the XLR/TRS inputs/outputs...
  4. aikofan

I luckily wasn’t charged for customs duties and so far haven’t yet received a bill over a month later. However, I’ve been experiencing problems with noise and error messages when connecting the ID4 to my Studio One DAW, so I need to ship it back to Thomann. There’s lots of customs forms to deal...
  5. aikofan

I can’t believe I just received this unit via UPS just 3 days after ordering. It traveled from Germany to California after passing through customs. It would have taken about the same amount of time if I had ordered from Amazon, except I saved over $50. One minor thing though is I wish they had...
  6. aikofan

Just ordered the mkII version from Thomann, where it’s more than 30% cheaper than in the US, even with the high shipping costs. Just hope it doesn’t take too many weeks to arrive in California.
  7. aikofan

Budget desk-mounted mic boom arm recommendations

Wow, that’s a good price. I can’t find any manufacturer specs on length, but some review comments imply that each segment is about a foot. Does that sound accurate? If so, maybe I can look for a larger version of this.
  8. aikofan

Budget desk-mounted mic boom arm recommendations

To reduce mic setup footprint, I was looking at desk clamped boom arms. However, it seems like good, professional quality units are well into the 3 figures USD. I really don’t want to spend more for a stand than the value of my modest MXL mic, so I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the...
  9. aikofan

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I’ve also had problems with my Flex, although not to this extent. My problems include Updating from old plugin to new Device Console and firmware 1.53 was a disaster, causing my Flex to lose connection with the PC, so I couldn’t play music for over a week and I was exchanging emails with...
  10. aikofan

Man, that’s rough. After several reboots, my Flex is now recognized by my PC, but the updated driver doesn’t play any sounds, neither through the Windows sound device test tones, LMS, or Foobar2000. I’ll see what miniDSP support has to say. Aside from not playing any sounds, the Device Console...
  11. aikofan

Has anyone else had problems with the Device Console upgrade? After updating my software, my PC no longer recognizes my Flex and I no longer have music. I had to submit a support request.
  12. aikofan

Worst movie ever?

Zardoz is one of the greatest sci fi movies I’ve ever seen.
  13. aikofan

A Question For Genelec Owners.

That’s odd, I could have sworn mine were just swinging up and down freely when I loosened the wingnut. Maybe I had loosened it too much.
  14. aikofan

It sounds like your stands are different from mine. On mine, the vertical tilt is controlled by a pin joint (not sure if that’s the right term) in which you rotate the back plate to the desired angle and then tighten a screw to hold that position. So it works similarly to the joint on a mic...
  15. aikofan

I use these stands with my 8030c, but I’m unable to precisely align either the vertical tilt or horizontal toe-in on these stands. The vertical angle is continuously variable, so there’s no easy way to duplicate that angle on the other stand. And on the horizontal plane, if I align the stand...
  16. aikofan

I usually turn off power from a surge protector when I’m not using it, but today, I left it on for about 3 hrs with nothing playing, and I was surprised how hot it was when I touched the top panel. It was hotter than my similarly sized mini-PC while it’s running. So I’m going to continue...
  17. aikofan

Apple Music EQ Presets, What are they doing?

I just now tried Jazz with a prog song, Genesis - Cinema Show, and I can see how it enhances the melodic details and works better than Loudness, although the latter gives it more drive. But no EQ still sounds richer to me.
  18. aikofan

Apple Music EQ Presets, What are they doing?

This is very helpful. Periodically, I’ll play around with the EQ on my iPhone driving an HD6xx via the Apple dongle, but I always end up preferring no EQ, with Loudness probably being my 2nd favorite. Any other HD650/6xx users find an iPhone EQ setting that works well for them?
  19. aikofan

Genelec 8030C / G Three + miniDSP Flex + sub

I recently bought an 8030c and a Flex, although I’m using them separately in 2 different systems. I was originally planning to get the G Three because I wanted white and the white 8030c was going to cost $100 more per monitor. However, I couldn’t find the G Three white in stock so I just got the...
  20. aikofan

Help with REW & miniDSP Flex room correction for noob

Do the sweeps have to at least reach 75 dB? Even that bothers me. I’m the type that wears earplugs when I vacuum the house. Moving the mic is a good suggestion for a next step.
Top Bottom