Search results

1. TimW

Soncoz SGP1

Anyone have any other insight to share about this amp? Aside from the trigger peculiarity, is there any issues? I see them for sale on Audiophonics and Linsoul, but it looks like they don't ship immediately?
  2. TimW

Audiolab 6000A - PEQ options -miniDSP?

You have the routing set to mono, not stereo. The issue is that you probably have crossovers set, go to the ouptuts tab and disable them. Also -30 and -30 on both volumes will probably be very quiet.
  3. TimW

If you had to pick a speaker...

I was introduced to your brand with the Pioneer based AAM. I think those speakers sound very accurate and are only really lacking in bass extension and output capability. As I later saw in Amir's measurements, those speakers are very accurate. During listening he even remarked that he was...
  4. TimW

Polk vs Revel vs Kef - Polk sale throwing a wrench in my plans

The measurements are posted on the Ascend forum, they were also reposted here. Stand-mount monitors have the inevitable issue of floor bounce potentially causing a cancellation. On my 30" stands this happens between 100-200 Hz in my room. Floor standing speakers with multiple bass woofers, at...
  5. TimW

Room set up

Honestly I don't have a lot of knowledge about bass traps. I have listened in rooms with bass traps that sounded very good. I have experimented with room treatment using 2" thick acoustic panels among other things but never bass traps. Absorptive panels help to cut down on the reverberation...
  6. TimW

Right now I'm running Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE2 and getting the best imaging I have ever heard. This is in a wide room with plenty of space from speakers to side walls so that is probably a big influence. However I have tried JBL Studio 530, Bay Audio Jam Monitor, and Philharmonic AAM+...
  7. TimW

Okay. Their imaging is decent but not as good as a few other speakers I have heard which coincidentally have had direct radiating tweeters without waveguides.
  8. TimW

Well that's how we run the system at my buddy's place but his setup is non-ideal and there wouldn't be much distance between each LCR speaker. Personally I'm probably not a great person to ask since I have never liked the surround sound setups I've tried and always just run stereo. Why are you...
  9. TimW

Vintage HT help please

Sounds like a great plan my friend.
  10. TimW

I got them for $180 and consider them excellent value at that price. Quite neutral sound with solid bass output for the size. The mids are slightly forward which I can appreciate and the highs can sizzle but I never found them fatiguing. I gave them to a friend since we listen to music and watch...
  11. TimW

Room set up

The surface of the screen itself shouldn't be any different acoustically than the walls. Adding absorption panels to the front wall and rear wall and diffraction panels to the side walls at the first reflection point would probably bring significant improvement. That rear wall looks like a good...
  12. TimW

Polk vs Revel vs Kef - Polk sale throwing a wrench in my plans

Those ELX speakers are way more expensive than the Revel M106's and have excellent measurements. I'm not surprised they sound better to you. Which version did you go with? The ELX Ribbon Tower?
  13. TimW

If you're willing to spend as much as the LS50 Metas cost, try the Ascent Acoustics Sierra LX. As far as Olive preference scores go, it's basically identical to the excellent Neumann KH150.
  14. TimW

According to Amir's measurements, it seems the AVR is bad for stereo story is a myth. Your Denon actually measures better than most of the Arcams measured here along with many of the 'hi-fi' components measured.
  15. TimW

I have used Dirac and got great sound, and I have used it and got worse sound. It depends on how well you have the system set up as far as placement, volume, and crossover settings in the miniDSP before you run Dirac. The system built into your Denon receiver is definitely easier to use and...
  16. TimW

Vintage HT help please

A Stage A120 is only $75 each...
  17. TimW

Vintage HT help please

Ouch, these speakers sold for less that each at some points.
  18. TimW

I fail to see how the 6000A was an upgrade seeing as it only outputs 50W into 8 ohms compared to the Denons 105W.
  19. TimW

In this case I'm not sure it adds much functionality either, it would just allow the OP to buy a cheaper screenless miniDSP. I agree it would make mores sense for him to use a power amp.
  20. TimW

I have used this setup with integrated amps and enjoy the functionality. Personally I can't hear the difference between great SINAD (>110 dB) and 'poor' SINAD (80 dB).
Top Bottom