Search results

1. D

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

I had sudden stops via Roon with mine, however firmware update resolved it.... Sorry that the info doesn't help you much.
  2. D

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Indeed, unfortunately, you are right. Can pick them u pin the UK for £3k now so not worth the travelling faff... Can't see the GBP recovering that much before Christmas neither.
  3. D

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

Anyone know if it displays "MQA" when you play MQA via Roon? IT's got the little info screen, I was hoping it would but mine doesn't. The kHz change to match Roon.
  4. D

Is Benchmark AHB2 power a good buy for me?

Think I saw that video video. The guy had KEF Ref3 so quite big speakers and he liked it loud.
  5. D

Yes, I just noticed that this morning, it's awful in fact... :( Has put me off the idea... I'm not visiting the US until Christmas, a slight chance it may improve by then.
  6. D

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

Loving these boxes, am very tempted to get a couple of mono blocs.... Does the audio sense work well? I've currently got a "Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA" DAC into a Meridian pre-amp for the sub output... Could I plug the Sabre directly into these mono blocs, I'm guessing I would loss the sub...
  7. D

Yes ok thank you. Having spent a few hours researching Class D, I'm now torn lol I also live in the UK so the BenchMark was going to be hand luggage at Christmas lol I'm liking the look of both the boXem and AudioPhonics, particularly as they are EU based too.
  8. D

Hi, I'm looking to drive a pair of 'large' bookshelves - Monitor Audio PL100 Platinums (https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/support/past-products/platinum/pl100/) I have a Matrix Audio X Sabre Pro MQA DAC into a Meridian pre-amp, streaming music from Roon... I believe I could plug the Sabre...
  9. D

Thank you.... Sounds like hang luaggage to me!
  10. D

Hi - Can anyone with an AHB2 tell me how big the box is? I'm thinking of taking one home as hand luggage on my next US trip :)
  11. D

New Musical Fidelity MX-Stream

This looks quite interesting, a USB Transport for people with USB DACs https://www.musicalfidelity.com/mx-stream
  12. D

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

But what do you plug into your Saber? USB from NAS into DAC?
  13. D

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

Whats everyone feeding their Saber Pro’s? In particular which streamers?
  14. D

Network streamer, USB or I2S output? Feeding into Matrix Audio Sabre Pro.

I've just got myself a new DAC, Matrix Audio Sabre Pro and I'm looking at various network streamers to act as the Roon endpoint and feed my new DAC. The Sabre Pro has an I2S input as well as USB, is I2S better than USB? Should I discard network streamers with only USB output and only consider...
  15. D

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

Strange question... When I browse to "Review Index -> Electronics" and select Anthem as the brand, this review doesn't appear? I can see the AVM60 and MRX reviews, but not this.... What am I doing wrong?
  16. D

Alternative to Pi solutions for dedicated network streamer with USB output that is Roon Ready?

Do you know if it outputs audio over USB? I.e. Node USB into my USB DAC?
  17. D

Alternative to Pi solutions for dedicated network streamer with USB output that is Roon Ready?

Thanks, I do have an old celeron based NUC hanging around gathering dust! Maybe Roon ROCK would be better?
  18. D

Hi, I've just bought a Matrix Audio Sabre X Pro and wondering what the options are for a non-Pi network streamer with USB output that Roon Ready? Basically ethernet cable input to USB output for my new DAC. I've already got an Allo DigiOne Signature player and whilst it works great when...
  19. D

Alternatives to CA CXNv2 for 2in1 DAC/Streamer <$1K?

I’m technical enough to play with Pi’s (worked as an IT techie for 30 years) and have a few of them. I just found every now and then, they don’t appear online… 99% of the time a simple reboot fixes them. I’m happy to offer u any help directly over messages should u want to explore the Pi area.
Top Bottom