Search results

1. R

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

You may want to have a look at this thread https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-d90le-sinad-measurement-with-e1da-cosmos-apu-notch.35288/ In practice, the AES17 notch is usefull with digital measurement when the fundamental, through the DUT, an analog notch filter...
  2. R

Amplifier "sample test reviews" using Paul's Multitone Analyzer software

Sure. I'm just writing this because it's everyone's interest to use the same definition. Otherwise we'll get (very) different figures and comparing them will be impossible (or will require an in-depth knowledge few people have). I think Multitone software is a great opportunity to standardize...
  3. R

Amplifier "sample test reviews" using Paul's Multitone Analyzer software

About TIM, for DIM 100, level of IMD should be relative to the 15kHz level. Similar to IMD SMPTE, where it's relative to the 7kHz component.
  4. R

Needing to downsize amplification - but what amp(s)?

Nord is building 4 channel amps with double Hypex NC252MP modules. 2x650W PSU. You may ask if it can work with 120V AC or if they can make it work. Should cost you below $1500, depending on your tax rate, shipping costs, ...
  5. R

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

...without VAT. In Europe, prices are usually listed with VAT included, so this might be confusing. I see a fully mounted (mono) amp for 1k€ VAT included.
  6. R

I see a fully finished mono version at 1000€, VAT included. 1500€ for the stereo amp. That's very similar to purifi 1ET400 alternative.
  7. R

Thanks If this price is confirmed, that looks like a very interesting option !
  8. R

Needing to downsize amplification - but what amp(s)?

I'd pull a separate 15A mains circuit. That will cost you less than a new amp.
  9. R

Focal Elegia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

I still like my Elegia. Mine hasn't any issue, even at (very) loud levels with deep bass.... With EQ on RME ADI-2 pro fs. (-18dBr vs 22dBu FS = +4dBu = 117dB SPL - Ouch !)
  10. R

HEDD Type 20 MK2 Monitor Review

Thanks Amir Nice to see those reviewed. I didnt know them. They are acrually quite small, with a 7" (18cm) woofer... Did they offer the type 30 for testing as well ?
  11. R

RØDE AI-Micro Interface Review

As I explained above, that was not my point. "Pro" videographer are not less "pro" than professional audio engineers or professional carpenters. They just use different "Pro" tools. And I put not hierarchy in it. This is an (entry level) accessory to record on-the-fly audio, usually used to...
  12. R

My comment was not about the "Pro" label. But the people you describe, and that's my point, don't use (or need) pro audio hardware. They just need some complementary accessories to do their videos correctly.
  13. R

I wouldn't really name that "Pro audio". Rather "(semi) Pro video accessories".
  14. R

EDITED Just to get things in perspective, here is quick and dirty measurement of Canon EOS R - external microphone input ADC RME ADI-2 Pro fs => Radial JDI Duplex (reverse) => EOS R Microphone input RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE => Shure AT15AS Attenuator -25dB => Radial Catapult TX4L => EOS R...
  15. R

Thanks :) Interesting. It is of course important to be able to choose to enable it or not. It seems there is a way to switch this off. From their on line manual: "You can activate a high-pass filter for each of the AI-Micro’s inputs using RØDE Connect, RØDE Central and RØDE Reporter. (...)...
  16. R

Which is exactly what I did above to measure THD evolution for intersample overloads. That would be very helpful to automate it, IMO. Try the 11kHz with decreasing the output level by 0.5dB on the RME. It should give the same.
  17. R

Just tried the 12kHz Sine wave at 45° with the RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE Output +13dBu 48kHz ADC is RME UCX II 192kHz THD is computed on 50kHz BW I used the UCX II to be able to set a different sampling frequency for input than output, and then measure some THD (if limited). (Note that the THD is...
  18. R

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

That is indeed an impressive set of measurements !
Top Bottom