Search results

1. T

Springs Under My Speakers: What's Happening?

Thanks everyone, I guess I'll just use it and hope it does something beneficial, one way or another.
  2. T

Nothing simple about what you wrote, I have read it at least three times, I don't have a clue about any of this, so thanks for explaining it. I don't understand though how to check the resonance frequency manually, and I don't have any kind of instrument that can measure such things. Speakers...
  3. T

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Thanks a lot. So PK means peaking it seems (I'm a noob I know). The only thing I'm not sure about now is the "Preamp: -3.2 dB". Is that the mastergain filter?
  4. T

So I got one of this laying around, and I'm thinking to give it a try and make some diy speaker stands (from MDF as I have some spare available). Would it be a good idea to put a piece of this between the speaker and the stand or is that pointless...
  5. T

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Sorry for the noobish question, but I can't seem to be able to figure it out myself, simple as it may actually be. How can I apply the eq filters (for Elac DBR62) that are generated from github/pierreaubert to get a flat anechoic spin? I am using Moode and will use the integrated camillaDSP, the...
  6. T

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Since the on-off switch gives me a slight shock when touching it (nothing painful), it shows that there is some voltage leakage in there. I'm going to return it, it was a good amp for my case.
  7. T

It's the stock one that comes with the amp, the same as in Amir's review. I don't have an analog meter, I'll look around if I got an resistor to try that. It seems I'll have to return it, I was hoping to avoid all the hassle. Thanks for the help. @san What are you thinking about your unit, are...
  8. T

Please ignore the 11 volt, I wasn't measuring it the right way it seems. The multimeter is a digital one (a cheap one of about 30 euro), but it is working fine as far as I can tell. Measuring the voltage between the screws/on-off switch and ground on the power outlet, gives me a reading of 90...
  9. T

So what does all this mean, should I buy another power supply and the problem will go away, or has it something to do with my house power installation? My understanding of all power related is quite limited, so pardon the question if it's already explained above. What I get now when the amp is...
  10. T

I don't have any other power supply to test, the one from the laptop doesn't fit, if it's a high probability that the amp power supply is the culprit I could buy another one.
  11. T

I got one of this and it has the same problem, I measured and the voltage is around 11 volt in on-off switch and the screws in the front. It doesn't seem to be any current in the chassis (0.6 V). I'd like also to know what can be done, is it something we can fix ourselves? Would a power supply...
  12. T

Audio Blind Testing - You Are Doing It Wrong! (Video)

That explains it, your writing style is as opaque as Hegel's was. Maybe switching to a Kant-ian style would be better for all involved.
  13. T

Audio Blind Testing - You Are Doing It Wrong! (Video)

You know, it took of a lot science, graphs, data and all that to make all that gears that stimulate your sensors and conciousnes. If you don't want to bother with that part, or don't know what to do with it, that's fine.
  14. T

Not trying to be arrogant here, but who listens to this?

Many years ago I was in Madrid for a time. One of my flatmates was working at Reina Sofia museum and she offered to tour me around. There were many famous paintings in there (Picasso, Dali...), but at one point she said she was going to show me one of the most treasured paintings in the museum...
  15. T

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

Nice product. it has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi from I can tell, what for, does it has any streaming capabilities?
  16. T

HEDD Type 20 MK2 Monitor Review

Not related to this particular speaker, but does that mean it's best practice to apply these first, and then anything UMIK+REW points out related to our room? And kudos to the company for sending the speakers :)
  17. T

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC Review

They don't sell only to ASR members. Small differences in form and functionality may be attractive to different people. And in a sense we are attracted to newer products, if one needs a dac. But yes, dacs reviews are the least favorite reviews for me, everything else is more interesting.
  18. T

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

That's a shame. They were a good source for (hdmi) cables, speaker stands, subs and other stuff.
  19. T

ZeroSurge 2R15W Surge Protector Review

Not a good idea at all. Beside his personal safety, the Klippel and the analyzer thing are around there, we can't risk having them toasted :eek: This seems more like a project for the fellow from EEVblog. Judging from his photo, @restorer-john may be up to the task. Or someone else (so long as...
  20. T

ZeroSurge 2R15W Surge Protector Review

I'm not an expert in the field, but I'd think if you are going to spend this kind of money for surge protection, a whole house solution may be a better investment.
Top Bottom