Search results

1. G

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

The powercon version is much bigger physically than the speakon. It should be obvious which one you are using.
  2. G

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

Are speakons rated for line voltage/amperage? I know they make powercons for just such an application which are rated for line power...Could be a less than safe situation if the speakons aren't rated for line power.
  3. G

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

yes, it won't put out rated power...
  4. G

SMPS for Audio Applications

Do you have an SMPS to fit the necessary inputs of the new Hypex nilai500 module?
  5. G

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

yeah, been waiting and waiting and waiting for the individual modules and power supplies. I need 6 of each for two 3 channel amps.
  6. G

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

Thanks for the review. Would like this amp even more if the modules and power supplies were actually available for purchase....
  7. G

If you want get the rated power out of these modules you will need a separate power supply for each amp since there doesn't seem to be a single Hypex supply that will drive 2 or more amp modules to rated power.
  8. G

Atma-Sphere Class D GaNFET Amplifiers

No doubt some like certain distortion profiles- I would rather my equipment adds as little as possible. I can understand and appreciate long lasting products but in a market segment where the technology is still evolving, I doubt anyone really believes they will be using their present class d...
  9. G

No doubt your market likes paying extra for things that don't necessarily improve the sonics but give a feeling of "quality". As I said, some think a fancy case and weight are worth paying (dearly) for...Common to sell on margin or volume. I would suspect you are in the former camp and doubt you...
  10. G

No doubt certain performance aspects of an amp can influence compatibility with other components- I wouldn't for example, want a 150 watt amp with a set of large Magnepan's. Nor would I want an amp no stable into 2 ohm or less loads with certain speakers. Surely a full suite of measurements aids...
  11. G

That's what Bruno Putzeys, the designer of the UCD, Ncore, and Purifi class d amps has said as well, I quoted his comments on the GaN versus Si fet situation earlier in this thread I believe.
  12. G

Exactly, as I have mentioned. If this amp set some new bar for the art, no doubt there would be a review sample for measurement already out. The manufacturer refuses to release the measurements a la Hypex and others and has said plainly that it doesn't measure as well. Thus, it would appear...
  13. G

Neither do many others. It does make for good marketing copy though...
  14. G

I have always liked to believe that "high end" referred to performance. Sadly, that is not always necessarily true as we see plenty of expensive products tarted up in fancy cases with all sorts of snake oil that measure worse than products costing a fraction of the price. Many people associate...
  15. G

That's another interpretation. I'm not a mind reader.
  16. G

He brought up Technics, not me... Yes, time will tell. I am not arguing, I am simply pointing out that there is a market full of class d amps at pricing as much as 1/5 the cost with better performance. Indeed, it's a personal decision. Some people are happy to spend extra, a lot extra, for...
  17. G

I should hope so yet from his answer it seemed a reasonable analogy. I suppose one must define "high end amplifier". I would like to think performance enters into the definition and that there is some correlation between price and performance. When I see various class d amps with modules by...
  18. G

That a rather novel pricing mechanism that I don't think I have ever heard before. Kind of like a new car manufacturer charging $400,000 for their new sports car because they saw a $600,000 Ferrari, lol. That's fine but would seem a hard sell when there are a few dozen other sports cars on the...
  19. G

Not sure what you consider your competition to be but the majority of class d amps available for home audio use are 1/2 to 1/5 the cost of the Atmasphere class d amp while measuring better.
  20. G

Wish Hypex would start diverting some of these modules and power supplies to individual sales as they said they would rather than putting them all into these kits...
Top Bottom