Search results

1. T

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

i feel like if you cant take a friendly discussion about the perils of comparing class A/B to class D in regards to power consumption then this isnt the place for you its like trying to deny that there's differences between ordinary gasoline engines and new hybrid engines there are fundamental...
  2. T

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

Bleib, you tried and I can only appreciate the effort. We want to improve something that already performs at a very high standard especially compared to the price. They could do it but already sells well enough and its not in the Chinese tradition to provide service after the sale. I did not...
  3. T

McIntosh MHT300 AV Receiver

this might come down to the installers if they ask you how many inputs you are likely to need in your rec theater room and this is enough then they will push it but any more and they move you to the next gen mx100, mx120 with similar features but more... sure it costs a fair bit more but to...
  4. T

even with my meagre requirements i would require an external hdmi switcher AND a doubler on the output end... my TV also has 4 hdmi in, just like this i think this fits a certain demographic who is happy with *JUST* the features here and no more it is A demographic, I imagine not a huge one
  5. T

i doubt denon are aiming at "gamers" with a $6,000 flagship avr either...
  6. T

AKG N5005 Review | These $199 IEMs were originally $1000...

knowing what apple charge for their nonsense i'm good with $200 akg and all harman products tend to do this sort of thing... firesales every so often my own akg nc headphones were firesales items too
  7. T

their processors are all stuck on audyssey so perhaps next gen moves to dirac and this is their first toe into what is next gen room correction?
  8. T

does it have wifi? i mean it has ethernet i'm at a crossroads here too... like modern a/v equipment SHOULD have wifi and ethernet... i mean the junky onkyo and pioneer i have sitting in the garage both have dual band and all the usual services so one would expect an $8,000 unit to have it too...
  9. T

this to me is everything wrong with McIntosh and everything wrong with all in one box receivers... these units are obsolete in some way, right now as they age they get more and more redundant i too like the fact that they havent tried to include shit that doesnt make sense... like who wants a...
  10. T

Is high-resolution audio audible or not audible and a waste of data?

i love this kind of thread because its a bit schizophrenic given the current buying habits of dacs obviously 24/192 is old and we all need 32/768 dacs... and further this spec starts at USD$100 and that's before we get into debates about dsd and... mqa and 'hi-res certification' when it...
  11. T

Yamaha RX-V6A 7.2 channel 4K / 8K Dolby AV Receiver Review

yeah these are very cheap over here especially the V4A version... at these prices i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt in that it DOES actually acheieve 120w which is impressive for the money i think they kind of half assed it everywhere else... i mean 70dB sinad is kind of... not good...
  12. T

is there a box set that you think is worth the money?

its come to light that Pink Floyd is releasing an expensive box set for Dark Side... ok this is a cash grab but has there been some box set in the past that you think is actually worth it? I have heard the Beatles ultimate vinyl collection in flac format and its actually very good. So that...
  13. T

Ridiculousness of Pink Floyd’s upcoming DSOTM Box set

this is as sad as Bohemian Rhapsody 2018... but it comes down to the fact that many copyright holders dont have that many years to go until they cant reliabily milk their audience... because their audience will all be six feet under soon!
  14. T

Ridiculousness of Pink Floyd’s upcoming DSOTM Box set

i'm ok with this kind of thing there's always going to be a market for this kind of material... among tragics also i feel like if the copyright owners think they can milk more from this 50yr old cow then more power to them maybe nick mason wants to buy the latest Ferrari?
  15. T

Budget desktop amp rec for newbie?

there should be enough reviews on this forum alone to make a decision further the manuals are available for just about every one of these so for stuff like Xover its all in there everyone has their own preferences... i dislike external psus... but some people love the psu rolling thing to me...
  16. T

VU Meters: Let's See 'Em!!

dumb as hell
  17. T

OpenAI ChatGPT has some interesting insights about audio

the 'problem' i have with that is that an AI is not racist from the outset as much as a Casio FX100 is 'racist'... the programming can be 'malleable' to certain extents but its a mirror of what its exposed to... the AI went ugly because the people it learnt from is... whatever they were and are...
  18. T

well that whole spiel on cables has all the hallmarks of the danny ritchies, paul mcgowans and guttenbergs of the world...
  19. T

Emotiva Introduces BasX MR1 Home Theater Receiver

dirac is a $200 base license fee before any circuitry is added isnt it? This could be the best 11.2 receiver in the world... until Emotiva decide to EOL it prematurely.... Emotiva are using a China OEM to get this thing off the ground and its always gonna be a hard road for processors. I mean...
  20. T

ironically Microsoft is the pioneer on this? They had Tay more than 5yrs ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_(bot) This ChatGPT also passed the bar exam. https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/26/tech/chatgpt-passes-exams/index.html From Wharton too. Which is famous for being the college that...
Top Bottom