Search results

1. R

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Funny, that seems to happen quite often. I had bought my L30 II (also blue) from HiFi College via Amazon and, although shipped from Amazon.de, received a device with a UK power supply. Ridiculous offer for a refund (not 30% off the price of a replacement PSU) or wait at least 4 weeks for a...
  2. R

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

The difference at Amazon is, among other things, whether the shipment is made via Amazon, or whether everything runs through the seller and Amazon is only a sales platform. But that's the case at Amazon in general, in all areas. In the first case, I have never had any problems exchanging or...
  3. R

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

But then the customers must also be willing to pay the costs for such customer service. Manufacturers in the EU and USA calculate at least 10 - 20% of the product price for such a service, which will not be enough given the low sales prices of SMSL, topping, etc. Just look what the Schiit...
  4. R

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Tear Down

That's exactly the problem, on Aliexpress such reviews are often deleted or not even activated (this has happened to me several times, so no hearsay). But in the last 2 years I have received fakes even from previously reliable dealers. This may be due to the increased prices and the shortage of...
  5. R

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

According to the serial number and the position (side, not bottom), you have the current version. But since SMSL dealt with the problem in an absolutely unprofessional way, no visible change in the firmware version, no reliable marking, only unprofessional and incorrect information (own...
  6. R

As far as I know, you cannot update the firmware on the SU-9 yourself. In Europe, the devices had to be sent to Audiophonics at the time. I seem to remember that the changed firmware could only be recognized by a sticker, since SMSL had not given the new firmware version a new "number".
  7. R

Just like many others here. Then suddenly the tweeters burned out (or more) and of course the manufacturer, software, etc. are to blame, but of course never the user, there are already a few threads about it here. I don't care, it's not my money and my speakers that get scrapped...
  8. R

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

The relay click should only be heard when switching on or changing the volume.
  9. R

Unfortunately, most users are unteachable on this point and (do not want to) understand the actual problem. When the volume control in a DAC uses the digital volume reduction (please mind my choice of words) of the DAC chip, there is always a potential hazard. The physical starting point of the...
  10. R

How does the buyer on Aliexpress know which seller is reliable and reputable?
  11. R

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

It's also a good option over $100. The relay-based volume control alone with absolute channel equality is worth its weight in gold. The Balanced HPA A20h is even better if you need more power. I have both (along with a few others) and no issues.
  12. R

Probably a Schottky diode, 100V, 1 or 3A, SMA
  13. R

If you want to do serious tuning, you should at least buy the parts that can be counterfeited (ICs, transistors, all kinds of capacitors, etc.) only from official sources. Otherwise you're wasting your time and the circuit board won't get any better if you repeatedly solder and unsolder parts. I...
  14. R

HDMI and DACs not evolving

https://heco-audio.de/en/Heco-Aurora-200-P-Powerful-active-speaker-in-a-compact-design/D1348004P HDMI ARC speaker with preamp function. Line in or phono in, optical in, bluetooth, sub out and remote control
  15. R

As long as the HDMI consortium sees no need to remove copy protection and encryption, no digital multi-channel data will be output.
  16. R

What should be revised or further developed at the digital interfaces or connections? And why? Optical has always been just a cheaper version of SPDIF, especially since cable was a lot cheaper. With SPDIF and AES you have data rates that leave nothing to be desired and USB 2.0 is also more than...
  17. R

I don't, I've been working with an HDMI Extractor board based on i2s for a long time. But this thread is mostly about running HDMI with ARC/eARC with a (high quality) DAC, no AVR. Arylic has only achieved this with the B50 and it can also be used as a DAC via USB and Toslink. The stereo RCA and...
  18. R

Unfortunately I have to disappoint you and everyone else. It is only a USB host connection for data storage, no DAC can be connected there.
  19. R

Great device at a great price. But, they would sell X times more units if they added a connection for an external DAC and 2.1 preamp outputs. Then they could not only have marketed the device as a Bluetooth stereo amplifier, but also as the perfect ARC 2.1 center with all connection options...
  20. R

If inductors have a polarity, then they are always installed from input to output. For the inductors you bought, so Pin1 input, Pin2 output. With the A07 board, the connection pointing towards the middle of the board (the inner one above the arc) is always the input. The exit is the one on the...
Top Bottom