Search results

1. W

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Indeed. I make my own cable but the concerns are not the end of the world if you isolate the cold grounding pin referenced. Personally I use bal xlr to a pre or a bal/se transformer or active interface like those from JLM audio. Also note the duplicated outputs are actually in parallel
  2. W

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

did you check the settings for all the volume and level related items? Failing that could be a DC issue from the pre or maybe a cable issue with your balanced cables
  3. W

You can always use XLR to RCA adaptors
  4. W

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Magiclx521.com Linkwitzlab.com use the other 10k for good streamer like Lumin x1
  5. W

well it changes the load impedance if you have 2 loads on different outputs that are not buffered. If you do have to do it then I guess just try one at a time connected and see if it makes any noticeable difference when both are connected. I have no need of this so dont use it, but its wired...
  6. W

These are the exact equivalent of using a Y cable... both are in parallel with a single output channel. they are not individually driven/buffered outputs
  7. W

remotes of old also had 2-4 AA or AAA batteries to give enough power unlike the tiny 3V button cells of todays remotes.
  8. W

16 Channel Home Theater Pre/pro Recommendation

Emotiva is a bit of a love hate thing...the sound quality is generally better than most at lower price points - I've had UMC-1, UMC-200, XMC-1 and now XMC-2 and other than the XMC-1 which they eventually got a reasonably stable firmware on its still not ideal with the XMC-2, with lockups, audio...
  9. W

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

When you are the developer the software is not free. It has to be written, tested, debugged and supported ongoing. If it was a paid option how much would pay for it?
  10. W

Can you use both the RCA and XLR inputs (and switch between them) on the Topping Pre90?

And with the EXT90 you get an extra RCA and 3 more XLR too. Love the stack along with D90SE and A90 to complete...just want the Monoblocks now AMP90's?
  11. W

Is the LXmini by Siegfried Linkwitz the answer for home audio?

We did do a listening test with the LXmini +2, LXstudio and LX521 and IIRC determined that if you were starting with the LXmini then +2 was good for a smaller room, but if you had a larger room and starting scratch the LX521 was where you should be going - the Studio really didn't come close to...
  12. W

Billie Eilish

And listening to people who are dead implies? I listen to all manner of artists and genres of those alive or dead or young or old. It's about the music.
  13. W

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

what voltage is you location - maybe yours is set for 120V and you are in 240V area?
  14. W

My friend has a pair but I think he could be selling at some stage tho I might borrow then to try too :-)
  15. W

what OB's are you using ... Im a big LinkwitzLab fan with 4 of the recent designs - Orion, Pluto, LX521.4 and LXmini
  16. W

I use a Coleman Audio M3 which has 4 XLR in and 3 out all switchable to any combo single in single out. It also has a SE HP amp and fully balanced volume (DACT - IIRC) plus Mono and L/R mute buttons, but its replaced with a new model now. Studio level kit - mine came out of a recording studio...
  17. W

Now my only wish is to have the 2 displays run a VU meter display simulated - that would be so cool.
  18. W

Happy to be of service, Another friend of mine has them too my build followed hot on his heels as I ordered my drivers and plans after helping him complete his build and got to listen for the first time beside his Orions. I managed to score an all but 4 days old OKTO DAC8 Stereo today from a...
  19. W

Very nice...I have maybe the 4th or 5th pair of LX521 that was started when SL let the plans out. Build Log <-here. Now updated to the .4 with hairball ASP. Running Orion's and LXmini plus Pluto too from time to time. SL is sadly missed but celebrate his designs everyday :-) Where are you...
Top Bottom