Search results

1. A

Analog Line out from iPad with Lightning

Hey, thanks! These seem to be marketed for headphones, in part, which had confused me. Do you know if these are outputting a line level signal independent of the iOS device volume control?
  2. A

Analog Line out from iPad with Lightning

Hello, Is it possible to get analog line out from an iPad through a lightning dock? I have been doing this for years with an older iPad that has the 16 pin dock, using a SendStation adapter, to feed a desktop headphone amp. But the iPad is failing, and I have a newer iPad mini with a lightning...
  3. A

DCM Time Window

Classic Peter Aczel and The Audio Critic!
  4. A

Need help uprading from 7.1.4 to 7.2.4

Floyd E. Toole, Sound Reproduction, Ch. 8 (3d Ed. 2018)
  5. A

Yes, the "manual" method of smoothing bass response across multiple seats depends on using identical subs in specific locations. This presentation covers the basics: https://www.harman.com/documents/multsubs_0.pdf. There's other more accessible stuff out there. With advanced signal processing...
  6. A

You have a "difficult" room for optimizing bass, but you aren't alone! Absent advanced signal processing, adding another sub is not going to smooth your response between the two listening positions unless: both subs are identical, driven with identical signals, and located in opposite polarity...
  7. A

Help me choose a floorstander

Most ears probably would report the Klipsch as quite bright. The in room response is not going to be SS’s 30 degree axis plot. What about Revel F35 or F36? Much flatter response and efficient. I found the F36 to be an exciting speaker, though a tad bright in a small room. I have been...
  8. A

The Case For AVRs... Am I missing something???

AVRs are more convenient than having separates, and modern tech is all about convenience. I think this is in the minority of what consumers want. Even amongst audio enthusiasts, how many want to sit in dedicated media room with a giant screen, surrounded by speakers, and listen in stereo? While...
  9. A

TotalDAC USB cable/filter - Teardown

It's gotta be easier than any of us can imagine--like "Brilliant Pebbles": See http://machinadynamica.com/index.html
  10. A

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Best--really tough! I've had my Revel M22 speakers for 10+ years and still love them. I also still have my first non-disposable headphones, the AKG k601, and those are 15+ years old. They were relatively cheap at the time through a friend who is a pro dealer, and they have taken an absolute...
  11. A

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Quick plug for my long-time favorite mail order beans: https://www.jbccoffeeroasters.com/ (also enjoy https://www.kumacoffee.com/). Lots of ultra light roasts for a bright, tart cup! I brew press pot every morning (5 scoops of beans for 16 ounces of water) but have had happy results with an...
  12. A

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Review (headphone)

I think you hit the nail on the head. Remember the Far Side cartoon with the penguin, surrounded by lots of other penguins, who shouts out, "I just got to be me!"? Toole, Olive et al.'s research, being applied at Harman and elsewhere, is threatening to those who don't fit within the majority...
  13. A

Do two posts of audiograms start a trend? Listening to the DT990s for years didn't do this to me; it's asymmetric hearing loss:) At low volumes, my version sounds a little bright but not intolerable. And my experience is surely informed by long-term adaptation to the headphones and the...
  14. A

Fostex PM.03 Active Speaker Review

I'm also watching for that review. I bought the PM0.4s, hoping the response would be consistent Amir's measurements of the PM0.3s. I wanted a little more bass extension but the smallest offerings from JBL and Kali were larger than I'd prefer for my desk. For the price, I didn't have high...
  15. A

I've had these DT 990 Pros - 250 ohms - for many years and have enjoyed them. They are comfortable and very durable, having survived many falls off my desk. Sonically, I like my k712 pros better, but it's not a massive gap. And, I've definitely not heard any resonances. This review and the NAD...
  16. A

KEF R3 vs R5

This is an interesting choice with the current sale--one I've thought about, too. I wish KEF disclosed the full spin data, as we only have DI for Amir's measurements of the R3. The R5 doesn't seem to follow the typical bookshelf vs. tower tradeoffs. It isn't more efficient than the R3, and it...
  17. A

Help w Dirac/Alternatives Bass EQ

Hello ASR! I've been reading this site for a long time and need some help. I just switched receivers (and internal room EQ from ARC Genesis (Anthem MRX 720) to Dirac Live (Lexicon Rv-6)). I want to smooth my bass response and leave everything above 200Hz alone. I managed to do this in ARC after...
Top Bottom