Search results

1. R

Analytical Analysis - Room Gain

Anyway, let me know if a video meeting with a evening of discussing acoustics could be if interest. If people are confused then clearly the text is not enough.
  2. R

That is what my wife is saying. Make a time machine or teleportation work, and cash in ;). Alas, I am stuck with vibroacoustics.
  3. R

The 0 Hz mode is certainly there, and it is clearly seen that it has the same characteristics as the other modes, with an increase in pressure when the frequency gets closer and closer to it. With negative frequencies included, this might be illustrated even better. But one can also just think...
  4. R

Yes, but I will call that effect Boundary Gain in the upcoming article: Infinite boundaries that constrain the source to limit the solid angle it looks into, will change the acoustic power and other acoustic quantities (4pi, 2pi, ...), but that is different from having a room totally enclosing...
  5. R

I should have put a figure showing the response for the vented box, as it also of course has a different slope than anechoically; both are affected by being in a room. But room gain was seemingly discussed as the effect of 'flat output from a sealed box' so that is what I wanted to show the most.
  6. R

Well, I am not the right person to ask about what is well-known or not, as I have worked with vibroacoustics for to many years to be surprised about much. But I see it being discussed, and so there must be an interest, I guess? A vented box has a fourth order roll-off, not third, but otherwise...
  7. R

As some loudspeaker companies have found an interest in the forum post here, I will be making an audioXpress article showing pretty much the same steps as here. Hopefully that can clear up the confusion that there might be. There is nothing going on that cannot be explained by traditional...
  8. R

audioXpress article topic suggestions

The January audioXpress issue is out now, and features an article by yours truly. Link: https://lnkd.in/djQFqgYh
  9. R

Help understanding filter phase shift compensation using delay

Looking only at steady-state, you cannot see if the input is delayed compared to the output or vice versa. But for causal systems, the output has to come after the input, and that is also what you will see in the transient behavior. The phase delay is one period at the crossover frequency (or...
  10. R

Help understanding filter phase shift compensation using delay

There is an APPARENT delay (the so-called phase delay) equal to one period, yes. But that is steady-state, meaning the system has settled. But if you plot the transient response at that frequency you will see an immediate output that does not at first track the shape of the input signal, but...
  11. R

REW help - sub null can't seem to fix

Can't you in REW play around with placements of subs in a room in a simulator of sorts?
  12. R

Phase delay vs group delay: Common misconceptions

And btw that Michael Jackson track was amazing to reveal preringing, wow.
  13. R

Phase delay vs group delay: Common misconceptions

Thanks Serkan, just watched it. It shows really well why is it not trivial to do an automated correction routine, and the different pitfalls to look out for. I hope you develop this more, and perhaps others can try it out in their system.
  14. R

I did have crossover and enclosure.
  15. R

I am missing something here, perhaps you can shoot me a PM ;)
  16. R

Modelling driver movement

You can do a lumped circuit model of this in the time domain.
  17. R

https://orbit.dtu.dk/en/publications/a-study-of-the-creep-effect-in-loudspeaker-suspension
  18. R

IT'S WHISPER QUIET! I can't really follow what a lot of the talks on forums are about, but it is often not grounded in physics. Viscoelastics effects and creep could be something to look into.
Top Bottom