Search results

1. cbracer

7hz Salnotes Zero - the "other" Zero

I like mine. I love it for the cost. Don't care for look and sound, but I'm not picking it based on that. I kept it and returned the Truthear x Crinacle Zero (too much upper base), along with the new model the Truthear Hexa (not enough base). I just wish I could afford to try the Blessing...
  2. cbracer

Poll: Do you like Harman In-Ear target curve?

We all seem to agree the correct sound for a speaker is a flat response. Not preference, but correct. So go listen to one, and then try your harman curve IEM and tell me it sounds similar. I'm not saying the exact same, that's not possible, but similar. I can't understand how anyone would...
  3. cbracer

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Some people need the last word and will argue past the sun goes down..... the point here is that it would be an improvement for most people and I think if you averaged all the proper responses you read in these 100 pages and other discussions you might have to come to the conclusion that the...
  4. cbracer

There are other versions of it with less bass. I'm so confused that audiophiles here all agree that a neutral speaker is a straight freq response curve, slightly angled down, that Amir likes. And so we know that doesn't work for IEMs, but to assume that a small majority voted most liked by a...
  5. cbracer

You think the Harman curve is better for the "majority" ? That's simply not true. Sorry. The latest curve these are turned to have too much base extending up and making the mid range sound thin. Seems the many would agree with that. There are better curves for different music, and I think...
  6. cbracer

I bought the Salnotes Zero too. They sound just like my Starfield. Better balance of bass than the Truthear x Zero. They are not as clear, and have more distortion, but for a $20 version of the Starfield it's my go to on the airplane. If you don't want to EQ then it's the best value out...
  7. cbracer

Yes the Truth Zero has a lot more bass and midbass. Classical would really pop with the Truth Zero. But for pop, rock, top 40 the bass is too distracting from the rest of the music.
  8. cbracer

So I spent some time comparing my Starfield to the Truth Zero, and that graph above simply does not represent what I hear. It goes to show that comparing graphs on that site is not always accurate. The Zero has so much more base than the Starfield anyone can hear that. Honestly I can't...
  9. cbracer

That graph looks like what I want. Is there a PC or iphone app to use those filters or just google?
  10. cbracer

Yes you can add some bass in the EQ and get it to sound better for sure. Acceptable, but then I swapped back to the Truthear with reduced bass and that was still better. More full sounding. $50 is better than $80 so my choice would be Truthear, although the Aria fit my smaller ear canals...
  11. cbracer

Yes, Yes and Yes. If the Truthear is the most accurate to the Harman 2019 curve then I can surely say I don't like the Harman 2019 curve! the frequency graphs just don't tell the whole story, no matter how much time you spend looking at crinacle. For some music where the bass notes aren't in...
  12. cbracer

Yes just tried the wider opening. It does lower the bass, but changes a lot of the overall sound. I think it may be due to less sealing compared to the small opening. And as such the entire range seems different, though not equally. I have very small ear canals and the smallest opening...
  13. cbracer

Sonos Play 5 vs Genelec 8361A

Oh, it seemed to me our discussion was with dual Play 5 speakers set up in a proper stereo setup. That's how mine are. While decent, the sound of just one is no where near as good as a pair of them in stereo. Significantly, as with the Ikea bookshelf speakers as well. When you play with just...
  14. cbracer

I'm not sure spending money is the main issue for me. For my headphones I don't always listen to them on one device. So it's hard to have an EQ on every device you listen to when they are moved from laptop, desktop, phone, airplane multimedia, other amps, etc. Yes that would be ideal but i...
  15. cbracer

Just received my pair and tried them out. Fit great. Clarity great. Tone great. Bass.... well just a tad too much. Others feel that way too. But for $50 there is not much to complain about. These will be my new airplane earphones which I take for travel. It's sometimes nice to hear...
  16. cbracer

Is purchasing B&W 702 S2’s a bad idea?

You are hearing what BW wants you to hear in the show room. I fell into a similar trap..... I didn't know any better. A friend once said don't be afraid to buy used good audio gear and pay 1/2 the price for it. So I went and listened to some speakers and liked the way BW sound and looked and...
  17. cbracer

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

Please note this speaker was designed by Sonos not Ikea. Sonos does not cater to audiophiles, they cater to the general public. Therefore they work great as a single speaker or a pair in stereo. You could likely add their subwoofer and they have bass and treble adjustments but not a full EQ.
  18. cbracer

Sonos Play 5 vs Genelec 8361A

Agreed. I purchased the Arc and 2 of the 5's. Returned the Arc because it was horrible but kept the 5's because they sound really good. A bit more expensive than I wanted to spend for that room but I have nothing against the fives. Sonos believes the sound bar is all you should have upfront...
  19. cbracer

Older Onkyo vs new Onkyo or other receiver - sound quality

Only used their lower end models. Years back I purchased a used TX-NR609 which did eventually stop working, only to be fixed for free by Onkyo under warranty recall issues. So that was nice. Then when I decided to upgrade to the newer TX-NR656 model for built in airplay, better sleep...
  20. cbracer

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

When listening to my speakers, the response seems to be volume dependent. I am curious what graphs would look like at higher and lower volumes. When I listen to my at higher volumes they sound good but at low volumes it's like someone turned off the "loudness" setting because it's so flat...
Top Bottom