Search results

1. Kal Rubinson

Why aren't we pushing for more 4-8 channel DACS for a quality Stereo setup

I was not talking about the e38 having a problem with the coax and Toslink inputs because I never used them except to insure they worked before I sold it. The minor problems with them on my s88 were cured (although I still have no use for them. It seems clearer and clearer than you are looking...
  2. Kal Rubinson

Microsoft has built worlds most quiet anechoic chamber

Think of the savings in not needing any speaker spike/isolation equipment. :rolleyes:
  3. Kal Rubinson

But they've done it with the mini-XLRs in the e38. Why don't you just find one of those? (I've already sold mine.) I rarely use those inputs but they work flawlessly. I think you are looking for excuses.
  4. Kal Rubinson

Oh, and in answer to the title of your thread: "Why aren't we pushing for more 4-8 channel DACS for a quality Stereo setup:" Go ahead, organize and make your case to the manufacturers. We are all in favor of that.
  5. Kal Rubinson

You could look for examples of that experience in print or on line. Not so much as you think. Those have been resolved with firmware updates and adjusted settings.
  6. Kal Rubinson

None of them have any serious interest in multichannel apart from HT. Also, it's too cheap. Not worth commenting on. My reference is the exaSound s88. Duh. Since there was a mini-XLR version of the e38, including that additional circuitry is possible. The only limitation we are dealing...
  7. Kal Rubinson

Are you saying that my articles in Stereophile have similar scientific inaccuracies or that Stereophile, in general, has them? If the former, please let me know.
  8. Kal Rubinson

They have all been measured here and at Stereophile. I own and use all three. None have failed in use. I agree. George used to offer e38s with mini-XLRs (I had one of those) but I suggested just adding a db25 connector (for balanced output) to the standard unbalanced device. OK. So how is...
  9. Kal Rubinson

Definitely consider the cheaper alternatives with no or minimal sonic compromise: Okto DAC8 Pro (also has AES/EBU inputs!) Topping DM7
  10. Kal Rubinson

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Here's a radical thought. Have you tried to contact Harman and get a chance at a blind comparison between the Salon2 and 2 of your other candidates? It's likely they'd insist on including also the f328 PerformaBe but the experience would be illuminating.
  11. Kal Rubinson

Does R11 need dual subwoofer?

...............except for your dad?
  12. Kal Rubinson

OK. I am sensitive to such matters after years of writing scientific texts and trying to navigate the line between a true statement and an unnecessarily sophisticated one.
  13. Kal Rubinson

Sure but, while it is OK to elide over complications, it is not OK to be misleading. 0dB is defined by a relationship to something and, in this case, it was defined by relating it to the threshold of human hearing (@ 1KHz). This indicates the writer is not really comfortable with the topic.
  14. Kal Rubinson

The writer says "The limit of human hearing is thought to be around 0 decibels,...." Lame. As far as I know, it was defined to be 0dB @1KHz and, of course, is different at other frequencies.
  15. Kal Rubinson

FS: Single Revel Ultima Studio 2 (Mahogony)

Help! Getting desperate for space. Will entertain offers for local p/u or I can deliver in NYC area! Must move it soon!!
Top Bottom