Search results

1. Robbo99999

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I'll just add that Apple Dongle European outputting just 0.5V max is fine for me with my K702 with a -11dB negative preamp and also fine with me for my HD560s with -9dB Negative Preamp, and the European version is even less than the 1V output you're talking about re the USA version. I use my...
  2. Robbo99999

Which Sennheiser is best for FPS Gaming

Well, we don't know why huskerrs went back to his 599. I'm merely saying that warmer is not better when it comes to headphones for Virtual Surround Sound gaming. These are important points for people who want to try to optimise their headphones or choose a headphone for Virtual Surround fps...
  3. Robbo99999

In my own experience you don't want the headphone to be too warm. You need "accurate" treble (or at least enough of it) to allow for the Virtual Surround elements to function optimally as well as enabling you to hear things like rustling of movement of enemy players, metallic clicks of weaponry...
  4. Robbo99999

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

I agree there with your point about consistency, that is important. Yep, it's not included in the tests here. I've developed some knowledge re my own various headphones and how consistent they are, as I've measured them on my miniDSP EARS rig and some headphones are very repeatable between...
  5. Robbo99999

I can confirm HD560s is a great gaming headphone, although I've not tried the DT900 Pro X. I flip between using my HD560s and K702 for gaming, it's hard to choose which is best, very close - I am able to measure my K702 on my miniDSP EARS measuring rig though so I can balance the channels of...
  6. Robbo99999

Some of what you say there is wrong, although it may depend on what the audio capabilities are like in the fps games you play. I find it very useful to identify the position of a player in BF1 using 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound, and most definitely the headphone used effects this capability...
  7. Robbo99999

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

The thing is though, the room you listen to them in and how they've been setup in terms of placement, room correction (etc) makes a massive difference to the experience - so really for you to compare different monitors they would have been in the same optimised environment. I know from my own...
  8. Robbo99999

I see, but you said you don't own any speakers? You've demoed the Genelecs and some other brands somewhere instead then? Fair enough, but if they're gonna be your first speakers I'd go with a more affordable pair, perhaps from another brand....just something to consider.
  9. Robbo99999

Ha, ok, so you're a headphone guy looking for his first speakers? I'm sure you've talked about listening to speakers in the past? If it's your first speakers you can get some good ones for a lower price, would be the best move for first speakers. Ha, yes, I remember that too!
  10. Robbo99999

I know, I always associate you with the one that obsesses over the 8351b, ha! No, but for good reason. What've you got now for speakers?
  11. Robbo99999

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC Review

I still think it's good that they're tested, to check that they perform ok and don't have any glaring issues - so there is value to the DAC tests being done here, because people in the market for a DAC knows it's tried & tested.
  12. Robbo99999

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC Review

Again, I think we've seen better value balanced DACS reviewed here, but this DAC is performing fine and that's how I voted it.
  13. Robbo99999

Ha, at least he's using the 8351B's though!
  14. Robbo99999

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

Out of curiosity who did that measurement, where did you get it from? Looks like HD560s is still better extended in the bass though (as long as the measurement rigs are comparable in this sense), it's only 1dB down at 20Hz in comparison to 450Hz):
  15. Robbo99999

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Ha! Well, it could be a threat to some people's long held beliefs in their audio and what they've invested in re large and/or many expensive purchases which could be threatened to be given a right old panning here on ASR - it's hard to be proven wrong especially when you've invested so much in...
  16. Robbo99999

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

Certainly in comparison to the HD660s! I still use EQ to boost up the bass on the HD560s to Harman levels though. Anyone seen any measurements for the HD660S2? The normal HD660s is very deficient in bass so it has a long way to climb!
  17. Robbo99999

While this is true on a general level, here on ASR you don't want people like Archon spreading misinformation and creating circular arguments whilst not really listening and not really engaging in the replies he's given, so that's why he rightly got some friction, but at a point such a person's...
  18. Robbo99999

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

It's your back!
  19. Robbo99999

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

Good, pleased to hear it!
Top Bottom