Search results

1. AngryMetalGuy

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

D90/A90 is 18 months since released and DX7 Pro+ it's new and also not cheap. We normally get (from Topping and SMSL) better performance from newer products at same or cheaper prices, so I think it's normal. I've compared several DAC's SMSL D300 and M500 MKII and Topping DX5, DX7 Pro+ and E30. I...
  2. AngryMetalGuy

Review os DX7 Pro+ here https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-dx7-pro-review-dac-hp-amp.36978/ A90 here https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-a90-discrete-review-headphone-amp-preamp.35114/
  3. AngryMetalGuy

Have you considered Topping DX7 Pro+... ?
  4. AngryMetalGuy

Sonic Frontiers SFS-80 Review (Vintage Tube Amplifier)

I also believe that the sound must be pleasant, so many people liking it. For 'me' it doesn't make a lot sense to distort the music after it is mastered all the distortion should be done during the recording and mastering (valve guitar amps, valve mic's etc) even introduced by software. But...
  5. AngryMetalGuy

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Wrong, I came to that conclusion before analysing the files. Just by earing from the 10 songs I've eared with a friend, mqa directly from Tidal compared to our own cd's was subjectively always harder to listen to. The only song as good as cd quality was not mqa. Only after I tried to justify the...
  6. AngryMetalGuy

SMSL D300 Dac

Maybe suggestion but that was exactly my feeling about the D300.
  7. AngryMetalGuy

it's the mqa files analysed by musicscope.
  8. AngryMetalGuy

The above pictures are from musicscope analisys of the flac (mqa), flac Hi-Res and Flac CD files. I own the SMSL M500 MKII and a subscription of Tidal (HiFi) previous I had HiFi Plus.
  9. AngryMetalGuy

Topping E30 II DAC Review

At least your car is doing it, right? it claims and does!!!
  10. AngryMetalGuy

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

Hi I had the D300 working from windows 11 with foobar2000 asio driver installed. It played even oversampling MP3 to DSD so it must be a configuration issue it always gave the current ratio dsd64, dsd128 and 256 I don't have DSD512 to test.
  11. AngryMetalGuy

SMSL SU-10 - the next "best" DAC coming soon!?

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-dx7-pro-review-dac-hp-amp.36978/post-1332865 I totally agree with you, Tidal should dump MQA and give a Hi-Res Tier. I've compared 5 random song's from my favourite band's in musicscope and MQA produced more distortion than Tidal cd...
  12. AngryMetalGuy

From a measure point of view this is a transparent DAC no emphasis on any frequency at all. I personally tested one against SMSL D300 and M500 MKII and they sound very similar. Saying that, and "subjectively" I liked DX7 the most when in valve sound mode, I ended choosing M500 MKII because of...
  13. AngryMetalGuy

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Hi, have you tried to install the drivers with the DAC disconnected from the PC. Disconnect the DAC and then install!
  14. AngryMetalGuy

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

You are right (at least with this song), this is the musicscope analize of the same song from Qobuz Hi-Res. Tidal is really bad (in this case).
  15. AngryMetalGuy

I've had a similar issue and it was solved by putting the volume on foobar and PC to 100%, I have a SMSL M500 MKII and get all the logos and colours, but I drooped MQA a long time ago. I have compared many tracks from Tidal (only) on musicscope and you can see that mqa tracks (pic1) cause more...
  16. AngryMetalGuy

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

To ear mqa I would use the DAC of the Node because... as mqa say (and I quote): "The built-in MQA decoder will automatically restore the high-resolution signal heard in the studio and confirm it, using the authentication signature." so for mqa any DAC with the logo would be fine. In this case...
  17. AngryMetalGuy

Topping E30 II DAC Review

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-e30-ii-dac-review.36028/post-1264590 It doesn't decode mqa but it reads mqa as normal flac, not bad.
  18. AngryMetalGuy

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

The full menu it's acessible by powerig on the unit while front button pressed. Half the options are only available trough power cycle (not a good thing).
  19. AngryMetalGuy

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Hi if you can, try the SMSL M500 MKII and the Sabaj A20 they are more user friendly and have a better DAC chip (don’t think it really matters that much) I've tried both DX5 and SMSL and kept M500 MKII. Subjectively I only liked DX5 in valve sound mode and to me that way was like standard M500...
Top Bottom