Search results

1. anphex

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC Review

*scroll* *scroll* *scroll* Yep, my theory about SMSL emptying their storehouses and slapping all remaining electronics and semiconductors into random new products is taking shape.
  2. anphex

How much impact does driver material actually make?

Thank you for the insight! But looking at this specific Satori tweeter the specs look pretty similar for Berilium, so I wasn't being hyped for carbon fiber but for this specific implementation. Weird is, I've seen the Texttreme woofers of SB Acoustics and the performy kind of weird, that's why I...
  3. anphex

How much impact does driver material actually make?

I kind of like Textreme in this case, at least for Tweeters. It's price/value ratio is stellar and they give Beryllium and Titanium a run for the money. Increbibly high end extension, great directivity and super low res frequency. If I'd ever build a speaker, it would probably this bad boy...
  4. anphex

Question about "fixing" a potentially non-ideal d'appolito arrangement

The tweeter was already at center point in my room due to my low ceiling. For the rest have a look at the measurements I attached. But here's a new twist to the story, which made me think I'm stupid. Since the BMR have asymmetrical mounting plates I could just turn the BMR 90° and move them...
  5. anphex

Swap done. Result: Pretty much the same! Though now without D'Appolito setup in the BMR. Seems like the Tweeter and BMR don't add up well off axis, but I think this is a problem in all non-coaxial speakers. The only ones who do this perfectly are probably the 3-way-Genelecs, and those are coaxial.
  6. anphex

Hey guys, I promised to do some measurements and here they are! I attached a picture of the 4ms gated results. I chose to align the measurement mic head in 1000mm distance and then to the height of the chassis so it's easier to relate, maybe. Here are the distances and angels: Tweeter - upper...
  7. anphex

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

Contrary to Windows, Android is open source so somewhere in the source code one should be able to see what the audio stack does. Also I find it kind of mean to put a smartphone in the same ranking scale as dedicated external phone DACs. Maybe make a new scale :)?
  8. anphex

Nah it's just a damping pad and four wood screws into the super massive enclosure front "sail" (it's slightly curved). I already removed them a few times, so this wouldn't be a problem.
  9. anphex

Thank you all. I'll research how to do this in REW this weekend. @Vladimir Filevski Since there are no chassis "in line" with this axis there will be no problem. I'd even go so far and say that the NV170 is the widest dispersing speaker there is. Still, it's an idea. I'll do those measurements too.
  10. anphex

You know what guys, I'll whip out a ruler, my measurement setup and make some measurements in front of the NuVero 170 tweeter on different vertical angles because I need the proof. Considering that it us easier to get accurate in room measurements for higher frequencies than for lower ones, I...
  11. anphex

You can even see the peak I mentioned above lol. It's not severe, but it's there. I'll post my measurements later that I made with a calibrated measurement mic and a super long M4 Sweep in REW. Also note that I have the 170, not the 140 which is a pretty different 4-way-system instead of 3,5 way.
  12. anphex

As for measurements - no, I measured them once on my listening position on axis and then on an when-sprawling-legs-up-on-couch-head-level. I expected a dip around said frequencies but everything looked fine. It was about 15° degrees difference at 3 metres. So I guess I keep looking for demons in...
  13. anphex

Did you edit the second line in? I was really confused haha. Yeah the distance from BMR to Tweeter is about 11,5cm, so it's fine then as long as the crossover is 3rd order?
  14. anphex

So it will be worse because the further BMR will cause interferences? And yes, the BMR-Tweeter-BMR crossover is 3rd order18 dB.
  15. anphex

Sorry to burst the bubble, but while Nubert is pretty controlled in FR, they aren't flat. On axis they have pretty strong shelving boost of several dB leading up to 7500 Hz. Also the super low end is boosted too. So they come with a slight controlled loudness curve. And I say that as a fanboy...
  16. anphex

Hey everyone, have a look at the attached picture. These are my speakers and I love them. BUT in my opinion they have a flaw in the d'appolito design considering the BMR-Tweeter-BMR arrangement. The distance of those BMR from each other around the tweeter center-to-center is 23cm. This would...
  17. anphex

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

What is the cooling limitation? I remember the NC400 only can deliver 400 W a few seconds and then throttles down to 75W. With about 700 W I can only guess this problem will be worse without a cooling system.
  18. anphex

Behringer MODs DCX Upgrade Review

A few dB sinad more and a little less noise is "much better"? Okaaay... I think one should ditch Behringer right away if you care about high quality audio processing.
  19. anphex

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

Looking at that analog filter thingy it think I have the same one in my SU-9N. They just say custom 1 und custom 2 and I actually asked SMSL what those do but I got no response so far ... after half a year.:eek: But I think SMSL is super confused right now. Just a few weeks ago this one was...
Top Bottom