Search results

1. Vacceo

Kef R Meta Series Release

Well, the atmos speakers (R8a) have not so great measures, so I guess they can benefit from an update.
  2. Vacceo

Kef R Meta Series Release

That may also lead to a crossover redesign. It was the case for the LS50 to LS50 Meta. Perhaps in some time, they may be ab option for upgrade; those or the Perlisten R. Data will provide the final veredict.
  3. Vacceo

Sigberg Audio @ Purité Audio London

To me they are the epitome of Scandinavian design: no frills, just clean, functional, sober and to the point. Like a building from Alvar Aalto: beauty in the function.
  4. Vacceo

Benchmark AHB2 SVS Purifi amplifier?

You can set the gain on a Benchmark, it has balanced outs... Those elements may be important for a user.
  5. Vacceo

Benchmark AHB2 SVS Purifi amplifier?

I'd go for Purifi due to efficiency. In performance terms, both will render incresible results and you will not notice a difference. Look at specific features you may want other than transparency.
  6. Vacceo

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

I honestly think that if somehow we as consumers could push for more flexibility and the capacity to acquire software as we acquire hardware, it would be amazing. Currently Dolby and DTS have their programs for PC. They could perfectly implement the decoding as software you have to pay for. So...
  7. Vacceo

The problem on PC is still on the decoding side, and that's not something Dirac can change. I'd love to be able to easily use PC software capable of decoding DTS and Atmos, but that's a different matter. With that, we'd just need a a rack of DAC's and off you go.
  8. Vacceo

If I were in the marketing department of a manufacturer wanting to implement ART (I'm thinking Arcam, Primare or Emotiva), I'd wait till the presentation of 2024's line of products or at least, 2023's with the sticker that says "upgradeable next year". In a nutshell: too soon to tell, but...
  9. Vacceo

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Do not underestimate the section of the market with more money than sense... The paradoxical part is that turbo expensive should not be at odds with engineering excellence.
  10. Vacceo

Is Digital Audio Transmission Analog? [video]

So in essence, they are functionally the same as electricity wires for audio gear: they work or they do not.
  11. Vacceo

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

Indeed, but at least with the class D, you can have a fair idea of their capabilities.
  12. Vacceo

Suggest lesser-known good Sci-Fi films

I don´t know if it has been recommended before, but Katherine Bigelow´s Strange Days is a great film. She has been consistent with quality films (Hurt Locker, Breaking Point), and Strange Days is not an exception.
  13. Vacceo

what are our thoughts on Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" (March 1973)?

That album also has some genius lyrics on Pigs Three Different Ones.
  14. Vacceo

I´m probably far younger than you and it also sends shivers down my spine. Dark Side, and perhaps Wish You Where Here are the albums that almost make my father present again.
  15. Vacceo

That´s correct. The MI amps from McIntosh are based on Hypex Nc500 modules. There is an old thread about the 4 channels (MI254) amp with pics that clearly show it. Both, along with the MX100 processor, can be mounted in a U rack out of the box, so that may be a feature that you could find...
  16. Vacceo

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Poland has been a powerhouse for extreme metal: Vader, Decapitated, Batushka, Graveland, Dies Irae... This particular song from Mgla is my all time fave from these guys. Groza is another incredible album. Behemoth, to me, sounded a looooot better by the times of Zos Zia Kultus or Thelema.6...
  17. Vacceo

Everything under the Sun is in tune, but the Sun is eclipsed by the Moon... Some of the most inspired lyrics in all of Pink Floyd´s discography. Good enough to stand the test of time and stay relevant even decades after release.
  18. Vacceo

You can also get a McIntosh class D (hypex-based) with 7 channels. It may actually suit you better than the MC257.
Top Bottom