Search results

1. Trdat

Understanding More About B Format Measurements and CATT ReflPhinder

Now, I apologize for late reply I didn't get a notification. I still haven't yet tried to record with the Zoom but it is my goal to manage an attempt in the coming weeks. I can't imagine it being difficult, prepare a sweep on REW and then record it on the Zoom. I will record in A format and...
  2. Trdat

Measuring With UDIO-8 and a Focusrite SPDIF Out

Appreciate your response, I actually managed to work out what I needed it wasn't too compicated. I am aware that my set up is unique and confusing but its common in multichannel set ups. I have the 6i6 and only needed to use it connected to the input of the UDIO-8 for measuring. The UDIO-8 is...
  3. Trdat

Measuring With UDIO-8 and a Focusrite SPDIF Out

I need help from someone with experience with either, Audiolense, UDIO-8 or Focusrite Audio Interface or even better, preferably all. Might be a hard ask... What I am doing is specific but in order to use the minidsp ASIO driver for measuring within Audiolense I need to choose both input and...
  4. Trdat

Any reason not to use an AVR for a music only setup?

Do you have subs? And will you be using this setup with a PC(I think its the only way with this set up). PC>DAC>AMP? With this set up you can just stream music on your computer. Audiolense and Acurate are software based room correction, much better than what an AVR can offer. Bit of a...
  5. Trdat

Any reason not to use an AVR for a music only setup?

-Hypex Amp -Topping DAC -Stream through a computer -Audiolense or Aucurate All under $1500 and all near state of the art This set up only lacks the ability to upgrade to a sub, which is possible but needs an additional DAC/amp or crossover/amp. AVR is only bought when you need 1. Surround...
  6. Trdat

Akabak questions and problems

The program plus the concepts are above me but thanks to Akabak's simulations the variety of drivers available with simulation/directivity plots is awesome. Helps us DIY'ers choose drivers and match directivity thanks to those who use the program and post their simulations. Hopefully, this...
  7. Trdat

"Muscular" floorstanding speakers for 1500 euros

I am DIY fan, and I agree with the notion that DIY doesn't neceserally get you better value but in this case when you have $1500 and want oomph as your priority it won't be too hard to match directivity with compresion driver with a 12/15inch. In saying that, I get DIY is not for everyone. I...
  8. Trdat

Need Help With Focusrtie Scarlett 1st Gen Routing For SPDIF Out

I absolutely have no idea. Lol. What I am trying to do is connect the Focusrite SPDIF output into the coxial input of a DAC and then try and measure with Focusrite ASIO in REW. Okay I got sound to come out of the DAC and speakers through the SPDIF but haven't ye managed to get REW working with...
  9. Trdat

Need Help With Focusrtie Scarlett 1st Gen Routing For SPDIF Out

I bought this second hand and not sure if I can register to get support from the company. I am trying to connect the Scarlet to my DAC from the SPDIF out to use with REW. I just can't get check levels to get any sound out of it in the measurement box in REW. Any ideas? This is what my mix...
  10. Trdat

Eq-ing Concepts and Biquad Understanding

So, I took measurement and gated it and then attempted the EQ in REW and later took another measurement from the MLP. Is this process an option(taking two different measurements) or is it still better to choose one of the options(MLP vs 1m gated)? And is the MMM method considered a MLP...
  11. Trdat

Sorry a little confused if the wonky way is match response to target than the better way should be the one you mentioned of being by hand. You said that you helped FranzM and it worked okay. How would you do it by hand? To figure out exactly where a biquad is necessary and then add a biquad...
  12. Trdat

Auto Eq, you mean the automated process when you click "match response to target" or when you use a the file to add into the DSP? I matched response to target and manually entered the biquads in the Hypex design filter and it wasn't bad. Are you suggesting there is a better way to appraoch this...
  13. Trdat

Are you recommending that the target level not be to far below the measurement? But Audiolense just measures from the MLP does Audiolense perform a frequency dependant gated sweep in its correction process before adding FIR's? I use Audiolense I should know, lol but I dont understand the theory...
  14. Trdat

When you say wonky? Are you implying the dodgy way or because of its difficulty of uploading biquads in manually into the source?
  15. Trdat

Wood acoustic diffusers have become a decorative item - loved the idea!

It was a computer game that my little sister got as a present 20 years ago in Australia, it was called Baba Yaga and the Magic Geese, it was obvious that it was some type of Slavic or Russian folktale. I think it is but not 100% sure...
  16. Trdat

Let's get honest with SPL

Once in a while I will play at 90 to 95 db C weighted(proper SPL meter) for 10-15 min. But during my once a week sessions I still go loud but maintain that between 80 to 90db for around 30min and keep it at less than 80 db for the next hour so. I also have a very damped room, between .2 and .5...
  17. Trdat

I know, its complicated. Hence the Arc Bad panel.
  18. Trdat

What is essentially the correct placement? For a small room is creating a timegap or breaking down specular reflections the goal? I thought perhaps creating some type of diffused reflections after a certain ms would give the impression of a larger room due to the reflections arriving after say...
  19. Trdat

I added 4 120 by 60 cm Bad panels in my very small room which is 4 m front to back and 6 m side to side and a standard apartement height. I use horn speakers with a 15 inch woofer. Unfortunately, 3 of my bad panels are on one side of the room with the other one on the other side. I have pointed...
  20. Trdat

I think I might have just put together what this means. Using the match response to target makes to large of a correction and only uses cuts...? What are you recommending to use a particular one? Or is there a method that uses both...?
Top Bottom