Search results for query: Schiit

1. amirm

Schiit KARA Preamp and Headphone Amp Review

This is a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the Schiit KARA balanced preamplifier and headphone amp with stepped relay control. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $699. Oh wait... that is the picture of our dog, Kara! :D Here is the Schiit version: As I have...
  2. amirm

Schiit Midgard Headphone Amp Review (Video)

Here is the companion video review of the Schiit Midgard headphone amplifier. It is rather short (for me :) ) at 15 minutes. If you haven't subscribed, please go to youtube and do so. Videos are not monetized but we need to make sure our voice travels as far as the ones that are.
  3. amirm

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

This is a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the Schiit Midgard balanced headphone amplifier and preamp. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $219. While I am not a fan of the symbols Schiit uses instead of proper labels, there are only two to learn which is no big...
  4. amirm

Schiit Skoll Balanced Phono Stage Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Schiit Skoll balanced phono preamplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $399. Touch controls select everything from loading of the input (resistance and capacitance) to input type (RCA or XLR), gain and filtering. A remote...
  5. amirm

Schiit Modius E DAC Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Schiit Modius E balanced USB DAC. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $229. The "E" edition swaps the AKM DAC chip for ESS ES9028. See my review of the normal Schiit Modius here. This is a stripped down DAC with no display or remote...
  6. amirm

Schiit Loki Mini+ Equalizer Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Schiit Loki Mini+ analog four band equalizer. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $149/$159 (Black/Silver). We have the usual Schiit enclosure which is fine for this application. Its stamped steel enclosure helps here by making it...
  7. amirm

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

We are sad for you....
  8. amirm

Schiit Modi+ DAC Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Schiit Modi+ stereo USB DAC. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $129. There are three inputs and are nicely stepped through using the momentary switch. The white LED that indicates the selected input is nice but alas, there is some...
  9. amirm

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

...broad brush and doesn't spend a bit of time looking at the performance of specific products, that is on them. If I had said to buy everything Schiit makes blindly, then sure, that would be an issue but I don't. Of course, you all are welcome to develop an idea of the company on your own and...
  10. amirm

Schiit Midgard - new amp bold claims.

Review just posted: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/schiit-midgard-balanced-headphone-amp-review.48653/ :)
  11. amirm

ifi iPurifier3 USB Filter Review

...problems with USB interference, visible in their measurements. Here is an example: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/schiit-modi-1-usb-dac-review.10273/ The problem is so acute with this DAC that I routinely use it to test ideas like USB cables mattering, power...
  12. amirm

Power Supply Mod Testing for Schiit Magni 3+

A member sent me a modified version of Schiit Magni 3+ for testing. The modification is based on the fact that the power supply design violates the specification from the IC company (low drop out regulator). Here is the schematic and modifications made: Per note from the member, specs for LM...
  13. amirm

Suggestion For Amir Youtube Video - Testing Vibration Effects On Components!

I should say that I did a crude test once with a Schiit and a topping (?) headphone amp. Tapping the table underneath caused corresponding output of the amp! I traced this to the volume control.
  14. amirm

Schiit Skoll Balanced Phono Stage Review

There was never a personal thing with me. What changed was them focusing on objectively excellent products. Once there, whether they were nice to me or not, they were going to get positive reviews. This happened about 3 years ago.
  15. amirm

Schiit Magni Heretic Headphone Amp Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Schiit Magni Heretic headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $109. You can get it in silver or back. Either way, the side and back panels are in red which I like. As you see, there is not much to the functionality...
  16. amirm

Resolve's B&K 5128 Headphone Target - you can try the EQ's.....

...That aside, the issue was simple: post my measurements and finding quantization error (truncation from 24 to 20 bit resolution of the DAC), schiit fixed the firmware and handed a unit with that fix to Jude. Jude got different results and turned it into my not being competent. Whether Jude...
  17. amirm

Schiit Fulla E DAC & Amp Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Schiit Fulla E DAC, Headphone Amplifier and microphone input. A member kindly drop shipped one to me and costs US $109. I think the packaging and color are absolutely adorable! And I really like the feel of a volume control on top...
  18. amirm

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

I added an acoustic distortion measurement using Sennheiser HD-650 with 1/4 vs XLR HP out: No difference. Variations that are there are just in testing. I can't think of a mechanism in a headphone amp that would counteract mechanical distortion in the headphone.
  19. amirm

Schiit KARA Preamp and Headphone Amp Review

Indeed. Schiit now not only does that, but is one of a handful of companies producing Audio Precision reports itself. It is an incredible turn around for the company compared to the old days and model for others to follow.
Top Bottom