Search results for query: Ac

1. amirm

Tice Power Conductor 2 Vintage AC Cable Review

This is a review, teardown and measurements of the Tice Power Conductor 2 vintage AC power cable. It is on kind loan form a member (cost unknown): While the terminations are beefy, no self-respecting high-end audiophile would want to be near a cable looking like it was left over from Radio...
  2. amirm

JPS LABS DIGITAL AC-X AC CORD Review

This is a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the JPS LABS DIGITAL AC-X FILTERED AC CORD. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $649. I was pleasantly surprised that despite its girth, the JPS cord is quite flexible and lightweight (for its thickness). I suspect there...
  3. amirm

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $417 at this length (2m). This is "third-tier" product in Nordost line so naturally, it is not going to scream expensive. That is a good thing as the cable itself is kept...
  4. amirm

Greenwave 2500i AC Filter Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Greenwave 2500i AC line filter. It was kindly purchased by a member and drop shipped to me. It costs US $35 each. Can't say it is the prettiest thing in the world but I guess you can plug it into AC where it is not seen. Using it with my power...
  5. amirm

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review Follow up [Entertainment]

As some of you requested, here is my response to Danny's contentions regarding my review of GR Research B24 AC cable. If you have not seen it, here is my original video review: And Danny's reply video: If you have not already, please go to my youtube page and subscribe. It won't make me...
  6. amirm

PS Audio Power Plant 3 AC Regen Review (Video)

As requested by a member, here is a video review of the PS Audio Power Plant 3 AC Regenerator:
  7. amirm

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

This is a review, listening tests and measurements of the GR Research B24 AC cable. I purchased it from the company direct. It costs US $349 in the 4 foot section I purchased. As the British saying goes, the B24 "looks the part" with the thick cabling and such. But fails in actual construction...
  8. amirm

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Furutech NCF Clear Line "AC Power Supply Optimizer." I bought it for US $236 from Amazon seller. I expected the device to be the typical AC mains filter but this is not so based on my reading. Company has this interesting notation in its...
  9. amirm

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review: Does it Make an Audible Difference?

Follow up video to my text review of GR Research B24 AC power cord review. I play the clips at hand and show the difference (or lack thereof) with this cable vs generic cheap AC cable: Kind credit to band Radical Face Missing Film album for free license for non-commercial use. Please see...
  10. amirm

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review AC Optimizer (Video)

Follow up video to my review of Furutech NCF Clear Line "AC Optimizer."
  11. amirm

AudioQuest NRG-X3 Review (AC Power Cord)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the AudioQuest NRG-X3 AC power cord. I purchased it a couple of years ago for testing and costs US $99.95. The cord is 16 gauge and is more flexible than my thicker freebie AC power cords. The mating ends connect perhaps a bit more solidly than my...
  12. amirm

PS Audio PowerPlant 12 Review (AC Regenerator)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the PS Audio PowerPlant 12 (P12) AC regenerator. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $5,499. PS Audio nails the industrial design of the unit. I really like the casework as well as the look of the various graphical meters as you see above...
  13. amirm

AudioQuest NRG-X3 AC Power Cord Review (Video)

Follow up video on my text review of AudioQuest NRG-X3 Power Cord.
  14. amirm

Puritan Audio PSM156 Review (AC Filter)

...Audio. It is on kind loan from a member and costs £1,449. I can't find a US price for it. The PSM156 is a much more stout and serious looking AC conditioner than we find from typical audio companies: I was surprised to see these massive outlets with auto closing lids: The little...
  15. amirm

Impact of AC Distortion & Noise on Audio Equipment

This is an ASR research project to see what impact AC noise and distortion has on performance of audio equipment. I have been wanting to write this article some three years ago and finally getting a chance to do the testing and release it. As you will see, the heart of this study is a special...
  16. amirm

Impact of AC Distortion and Noise on Audio Equipment Fidelity (Video)

This is a video version of my article on AC distortion and noise impact on fidelity of audio equipment: Text thread: Impact of AC Distortion & Noise on Audio Equipment | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum
  17. amirm

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review AC Surge Protector and Filter (Video)

I am baaaack! :) I record videos in the evening when there is less noise around. For the last few months though, I have either been working in the garden during the same time or been testing speakers which make a ton of noise. I felt that it was time to get back on the saddle and produce a...
  18. amirm

AudioQuest PowerQuest 3 Video Review (AC Filter/Surge Protector)

This is a video review of a test I have already done on the AudioQuest PowerQuest 3 AC Filter and Surge Protector: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audioquest-powerquest-3-power-conditioner-surge-protector-review.14580/ As a bonus, I also briefly cover the topic of...
  19. amirm

Do you need AC Noise Filtering For Your Audio Devices?

Short video on the fact that most audio gear already has noise and surge protection in them obviating the need to have them externally. Amazon basics amplifier teardown: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amazon-basics-80-watt-amplifier-teardown.20945/
  20. amirm

PS Audio Noise Harvester AC Cleaner Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the PS Audio Noise Harvester and AC Cleaner. It is on kind loan from a member and sells for $99. The harvester is a bit bigger and uglier than typical phone charger: Claim to fame is that AC noise is captured gradually and then discharged all of...
Top Bottom