Search results for query: outdoor speaker

1. MarkS

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

Those are outdoor PA speakers, are they not?
  2. S

Outdoor Speakers

Hey, I have been researching a few different brands for outdoor speakers. I have narrowed down the list to Bose 251, Sonance Mariner 64 and Definitive Technology AW6500. What do you recommend?
  3. T

Advice requested for upgrading/replacing small speakers

Interesting for the next person in a similar situation. Also possible candidates for outdoor speakers!
  4. T

Bathroom speakers

Any outdoor speakers should meet your requirements I think. Check the roon forums, this thread for example may give you some ideas: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/outdoor-roon-ready-active-speakers/207574
  5. D

Elac Debut series vs Polk Signature Elite series for 7.2.4 home theatre

Not the atmos units, i think they are bad. I ended up getting Elac b6.2 and c6.2 for LCR, ow4.2 for surround and b5.2 for rear surround. Got some osd ap450 outdoor speakers for atmos.
  6. DanielT

Open baffle with SB Audience Bianco-15OB350. FR + distortion measurement outdoors and indoors.Plus measurements FR on IEC baffle.

I thought this was interesting. Might be of interest to someone who is thinking of building an open baffle speaker. Too big speakers for me to fit in my living room/ listening room (plus I have other projects going on) but for those who have room for such big ones, why not? They seem to require...
  7. P

Spinorama for the brand new JBL PRX900 serie

These kind of speakers are used outdoors too but they are not very powerfull so main use cases are FoH or small gig insides. Note that the narrow vertical DI is not that bad since listening distance is likely 5m-10m. 10 degree x 10m is roughly 1m. Spin is not bad, we have seen many many hifi...
  8. G

Active outdoor speakers

Hey there folks. So I've been searching the web for active outdoor speakers without much success. If they are wifi / network speakers that's better yet but that's not needed. I want them to be active so I don't need an extra Amp for the outdoor part of my roon setup. Ideally I'd like...
  9. S

Unintended experiment tonight..

...and enjoy brews ‘n tunes. 41degF here, so I grabbed a lil electric heater I have. Now my outdoor rig is a Carver amp and a Dayton outdoor speaker, 8+1 with passive radiator on back (mono sum from source). So I set the heater between me and the speaker. 2nd story deck, fewer leaves, plenty...
  10. ZolaIII

DAC and Amplifier for a boat

...but it's a problem for power amplifiers (pretty much everything with active electronic components). Example of not bad and serious outdoor speakers: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/revel-m80xc-review-outdoor-speaker.26878/ Try to find something like that but active...
  11. ZolaIII

Meby you should reconsider more serious BT speakers for your case of use. They won't be great but don't have to be bad either and have also convenience of use in your conditions and water and dust prof while staying relatively cheap. Other than that see outdoor, professional stage and such one's.
  12. ernestcarl

Measurements - what to do next

My first inclination is not to EQ yet, but to figure out what is the cause of the huge cavernous dip. Take the speakers outdoors to measure… or measure the drivers nearfield etc. Find some way to figure out what is the actual freq response of the speakers without the room.
  13. G

Budget preamp + amp for two outdoor speakers

Hey there, audio cats! So I'm planning to set up a pair of DT AW6500 on my terrace (here: https://www.definitivetechnology.com/en-us/product/outdoor/aw6500). At the source / networking end, I use Roon so I'm comfy with a Raspberry Pi 3 + HAT DAC (there are various options but that is not the...
  14. A

Revel M55XC Outdoor Speaker Review

Whew...OK...Thanks for the clarification! I have other outdoor speakers that mount horizontally and I had a moment there.
  15. amirm

Revel M80XC Review (Outdoor Speaker)

...So feel free to read what you want into my subjective remarks (objective tests use the same protocol as any other speaker). As outdoor speakers go, the M80XC is on the larger size but attractively finished: Owner wanted it tested without the grill and this is how it looks: As you see...
  16. ZolaIII

You can't control aerosol nor humidity once salt gets in. You got a proposition for pasive outdoor speakers with measurements and hardly you will find better. From there search for professional stage amp capable to last in harsh conditions and a DAC with IP rating if you really want to go with...
  17. Jimbob54

How do you usually listen to music?

Can't use full speakers (location and family) Over ear headphones for proper listening IEM for outdoors and at my (home) office desk (goes away each night so no scope for desktop electronics or over ear phones). Other - Car (phone feeding dongle to car stereo aux)
  18. G

Does this vertical dispersion make for a bad choice as atmos speaker?

Hello, I have been researching to upgrade my atmos speakers and within limitations it seems outdoor speakers will be the easiest option to replace my Polk OWM3 as they normally have a threaded insert which makes it a quick swap. But something about outdoor speakers does not make me feel right so...
  19. Skidoogie

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/outdoor-speaker-depot-deal-sale-on-amplifiers-3-channel-5-channel-7-channel.3250289/
  20. Y

Spinorama for the brand new JBL PRX900 serie

yea for sure, but then we (or at least, I) have been spoiled by JBL to expect the very perfrect products across the board;)
Top Bottom