Search results

1. Chr1

PA Speakers at home

I am not sure that a high pass filter is really necessary. One of the benefits of this type of speaker is that, as they don't go deep they present a fairly benign load to the amplifier. (Though the KV2 ESD 6s being 16 Ohm will be different, I suspect.) I use mine with active twin subs connected...
  2. Chr1

PA Speakers at home

These are rated at 92db and 16 Ohms. They may need more power than the OPs Audiolab 6000A. I am currently using Tannoy V12s which are 12" coaxial PA speakers. They work well but like most speakers of this type need subs and EQ.
  3. Chr1

Effect of Cannabis use on hearing

Hmm, tattoo insurance... Definitely be needing misplaced sexual identification liability and bad late night eBay decision making insurance these days then I reckon. Sign me up for responsible once weekly alcohol and cannabis indulgence insurance, within one's own home. Where's my vape.
  4. Chr1

Kinda like folk who are into motor racing /extreme sports then?
  5. Chr1

Re paying for treatments : Should someone who ice climbs/snowboards/mountain bikes have to pay for hospital bills for their adrenaline addiction? Helicopter rescues are pricey too.
  6. Chr1

Your AVR power draw at idle?

Thanks. Interesting. Opted for my Pioneer as it is class D. I've always been a bit concerned about AVRs with lots of class AB amplification crammed into a relatively small space. Anyway, was kinda surprised to see that the Pioneer draws almost 80W when switched on. Not overly concerned but have...
  7. Chr1

Yes. I am interested in the power draw when switched on but with no input/nothing playing... Though why not standby too?... My Pioneer uses 0.5W on standby, ~80W at idle/nothing playing. Cheers.
  8. Chr1

Strange varying AVR power usage.

Yes, I realise that. I mentioned my amplifier drawing 40W as there was a question relating to the accuracy and resolution of the meter in that range. Anyway, I have just posted to find out what other people's AVRs use. Thanks.
  9. Chr1

I am curious to know what other people's AVRs draw at idle. I have a Pioneer SC-LX86 which draws around 80W at idle... If you have a power meter, why not post yours here for comparison? Thanks!
  10. Chr1

No, the meter seems fine otherwise. I have measured lots of things and the readings appear to be reliable. My Technics SE-A1000M2 draws ~40W at idle, so yes that range is covered. My Beelink AP34 Pro mini PCs draw up to around 7.5-8W running Foobar and MathAudio RoomEQ plus EQ, so I don't think...
  11. Chr1

Yes, this is why I am confused. I have been monitoring it for about a month and a half now and when initially switched on the power drawn rises to the level mentioned (~76-78W). This is the idle draw. It does not increase much even when playing multichannel at quite high volumes. It would be...
  12. Chr1

Sorry. For some reason I am being told that it's too large at 5MB. Ho hum. Anyway it is one of these. I have several and even tho they are cheap, they appear to be reliable... Yes, I agree that 12-13 Watts seems rather low and I am wondering if I somehow managed to change the scale of the...
  13. Chr1

Wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why my AVR power consumption seems to be fluctuating... I have been using a cheap plug in power meter to check the power consumption of my various bits of audio hardware, and my AVR consumption appears to have two different levels! When I first plugged it...
  14. Chr1

Mathaudio Room EQ users (tips & tricks)

I am curious as to how to use Headphone EQ in this way. Have done a quick search but can't find any info. Could you possibly post any links to info on how to do this? Thanks in advance!
  15. Chr1

Kenwood L-08M Monoblock Amplifier (Vintage Review)

Presumably the heatsinks are oriented horizontally to be aesthetically more pleasing. ie pretty.... Have to say that I think that it is one "sexy" Sony power amp. Like the Kenwood: Me likey.
  16. Chr1

Sonic Frontiers SFS-80 Review (Vintage Tube Amplifier)

I have two amplifiers with valves in my collection which I love. Both power amps. A Lazarus H-1A valve/mosfet hybrid and a VTL ST-85. I have sensitive speakers and they work well. I will start using them again when I require additional warmth in my living room. I have gone "eco" and use a...
  17. Chr1

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

Absolutely. Not quite at the 50 year mark myself but 40+ years riding. Most every day as I don't have a car and including dispatch work for several years in my late teens. When someone starts bleating on about the dangers of motorcycles I point out that I know several people who have died in car...
  18. Chr1

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

Aye, big twins are often quite snatchy at low revs. There's a hell of a lot of torque available low down. The way the triple develops power is kind of in between a twin and a big four. Strangely, I seem to remember the Street Triple has an identical power to weight ratio to the Superduke. Less...
Top Bottom