Search results

1. Chagall

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Poll - The most useless thing ever 1) This subtitle 2) Diet water 3) Chord M-scaler
  2. Chagall

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

Yeah, that's the beauty of it. Having measurements available and tweeking the sound to one's liking. In that case, HD 600 is the headphone for you. It still needs some tweeking: Diffuse EQ and Harman or variation for music/movies - great stuff! Can't say for 7506, but with HD600 or HD800s and...
  3. Chagall

Now that you have power to spare, try EQing your headphones first. Google Oratory's measurement for 7506 and if you are using PC, try EQ Apo. There are lots of tutorials here on the forum. Also compare HD 600 frequency response. It's a great headphone, but bass light and a bit narrow...
  4. Chagall

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

I think it is frequency/room modes related. Not much you can do if you want to keep MQA..Things like Minidsp won't let you pass MQA, and would be another preamp/dac in your case. Although DSP, crossovers, subwoofer and room correction software benefits far outweigh MQA IMO, but it is what it...
  5. Chagall

GR Research Upgrade for Klipsch RP-600M Speaker (Video)

Thank you @amirm for another informative video! Thing I don't understand, please if you could elaborate a bit more. 18:56 Speaker can potentially distort, because it takes more power to reach the same SPL part? But in both distortion graphs it's better (if we exclude resonance @ 96dB). Does...
  6. Chagall

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Think here is the problem. This is UMIK calibration file, not minidsps. Umik's calibration goes on the other page.
  7. Chagall

Yes, benefit would be more power! Regadless of the output (same on both connectors).
  8. Chagall

I didn't do separate speaker correction - basically Dirac does that for you depending on house curve you load. Crossover and sub time aligment was done to a clean (noEQ signal and no room correction) in REW and ran dirac after. But you can do EQ before dirac, not sure what would be the benefit...
  9. Chagall

This kind of defeats the purpose of flex, IMO. You want to send high passed freq to both amps (if bi-amping) and low freq to sub. If anything, splitter should be on the flex outputs 1 and 2 that goes to amps and to the main speakes - I don't know if this will work. No, speaker passive xover...
  10. Chagall

Rega IO Review (stereo amplifier)

We love listening to music...In fact we love listening to music so much that we want our amps to be as transparent as possible! So why would we want to spoil it with this:
  11. Chagall

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Think those specific amp and speakers haven't been tested here, so we have no way to know. But in general if amp doesn't have any glaring issues (noise/distortion) and has enough power to drive speakers, you should be ok with MA silver 2 or Kefs. Personally, I wouldn't change speakers but...
  12. Chagall

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Welcome to ASR. As @tvrgeek said, adding sub and setting up x-overs isn't trivial. AFAIK the simplest way to get HP/LP is to go with: Parasound preamp ($$$) or a sub that can high pass signal to mains (some KEF subs have that option $$$) or miniDSP 2x4 HD ($), Flex ($$), SHD ($$$) ...it's a...
  13. Chagall

Asimov Foundation

No spilers plz!!! Waiting for whole season to air.
  14. Chagall

old Sennheiser HD-600 and distorted bass

No such issues on my old HD600. You'll want to check if distortion occurs when connected to another source. Also, check if the drivers are fitted properly in the driver slots. I've had this happen, one of the drivers needed to be pushed into the latches holding driver in place.
  15. Chagall

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Tnx! Yeah, not sure about 110Hz cross. But I decided on it based on two things. - KEFs are not on stands, but on a hollow TV cabinet (cca 20cm from the wall) - wanted to avoid resonances by sending lows to sub. - Rotel RA 12 is only 60W so it seem to me better to offload it somewhat, because it...
  16. Chagall

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Here is what I done with my R3's. PC - Dirac Live (NAD Harman target) Roon server MiniDSP 2x4HD (volume control) highpass @ 110Hz - Rotel RA 12 ([email protected]) - KEF R3 lowpass @ 110Hz - DALI concept sub First I set the max volume on Rotel intergrated @70 out of 99 (I guess) - Minidsp will be...
  17. Chagall

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

Maybe the amp in System 2 is $4000...in that case GG hegel
  18. Chagall

Room frequency response. We ASR folk only listen to sweeps, whole day - every day. That can tell a lot - do I need to look into room treatments, more powerful amp, speaker placement, room correction software, sub...two of them?
  19. Chagall

Lets not call for boycotts, canceling and hyperbole. Measurements are here for one underwhelming hegel amp...it's not the end of the world. Hope they will take the criticism and improve. Hope we will be better then those lemmings over at hegel's facebook group.
  20. Chagall

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Roon BF deal... not applicable for existing users :/ https://land.roonlabs.com/black-friday-one-dollar?utm_source=website&utm_medium=pop-up-banner&utm_campaign=roon-bf-2021&utm_id=jpeg Sorry if somebody posted this before.
Top Bottom