Search results

1. Artsfols

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

I'd say a useful criteria is how well known the artist is. And so, 'Low' fits. Billie Eilish hasn't been around all that long, and ... she doesn't.
  2. Artsfols

Current music from and about Ukraine and its people- no politics, please.

Two very different responses to the situation -
  3. Artsfols

2022 - Your favorite releases

I'm into roots/folk/ acoustic and good old rock and roll and a lot of classical. Here are the new(er) albums I've been listening to this year - Long Time Coming - Sierra Ferrell Crooked Tree - Molly Tuttle The Fray - John Smith The Golden Renaissance: Josquin de Prez - Stile Antico Wilds -...
  4. Artsfols

The Pineapple Thief / Porcupine Tree USA Canada Tours

The venue I linked is for Porcupine Tree in Toronto. I corrected the post to indicate which concert is involved.
  5. Artsfols

Epic Games Acquires Bandcamp

Here is something to think about. Bandcamp is profitable. Spotify is bleeding money. That bodes well for the 'bandcamp' model, and why wouldn't any future owners preserve it. How can this be when Bandcamp pays out decently and Spotify pays radio level royalties? You probably know the...
  6. Artsfols

The Pineapple Thief / Porcupine Tree USA Canada Tours

This is the venue for Porcupine Tree in Toronto in September. My kind of place for a concert, these days. Ridiculously long link...
  7. Artsfols

Folk Roots Radio - 2021 year end list of favourite CDs

Here's a list I have come to look forward to. Jan Hall's year end list on Folk Roots radio. This episode contains a track from each of the top 10 for the year. A great source for finding new, outstanding artists in the folk realm...
  8. Artsfols

Australian band 'the Maes' top our year end music list

Note #5 on specific songs in our year end list. Many of the artists in our year end list are among the 200+ that we follow, but there are always quite a number of tracks from people we haven't heard before. These show up on the sites of various publishers, of which we track 30 to 40. This year...
  9. Artsfols

Australian band 'the Maes' top our year end music list

Note #4 on specific songs in our year end list. We added the Twisted Pine video to our list having never heard of the band. On this highly appealing track, the band is very tight and the music is joyful: kind of bluegrass-like with a mandolin, guitar and stand up bass, but this particular track...
  10. Artsfols

Upgrade to 5.1? To boldly go where no one has gone before.

When I read your comment, I immediately thought ... well, that rules that out. However, the ipod has to be network connecting. How else would you run the Apple store to download music? The old ipod's ran across a wired connection. Surely they don't use that anymore. If it is network...
  11. Artsfols

I purchased an ELAC center channel to go with my Totem Arro's. Some say, stick to the same brand. It's a mismatch only in the sense that the raw quality of the ELAC does not match the Arro's. Not a problem because I don't use the centre channel for serious music listening, and how much does...
  12. Artsfols

Too bad. I also have a Fiio M6 kicking around, but you have to side load everything and dink around with it. I've concluded that I want something that works across a network and works out of the box. That is, if I do anything at all Right now, my plan is to "silo" my smartphone for portable...
  13. Artsfols

My apprehension, written almost a year ago, was proven mainly incorrect. When listening to purely stereo disc sources I at least retained the quality from my Arcam amp and CD player. I was also able to find a way to keep using the SACD high end DAC output on my OPPO blu ray player although...
  14. Artsfols

Does the Apple ipod support Air Play 2?
  15. Artsfols

A lot of water on the bridge since I began this thread. In fact, I did purchase a Denon X3700 and a center channel from ELAC. I continue to be very pleased with the Totem Arro's. I'm quite happy with Audyssey although it can be very confusing. This past week our son was down with his Umik mike...
  16. Artsfols

In praise of Bandcamp

Okay, so that worries me. Anyway, I'll try it out and get back.
  17. Artsfols

In praise of Bandcamp

It does. I'll try this out. Thanks.
  18. Artsfols

In praise of Bandcamp

Can I just go with this method directly from my phone to my Denon AVR?
  19. Artsfols

In praise of Bandcamp

Technical question on bandcamp. I would want to download bandcamp purchases to my phone and use their app. That's my portable music player for use in the car and on the road. Bandcamp has an Android/ios app that should work quite nicely. MP3 VBR should work quite nicely for that purpose...
Top Bottom