Search results

1. Dennis_FL

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

You can tell by the number of stripes that it is stereo. I've used those as a trigger cable but you should use a mono cable only as JSmith says above.
  2. Dennis_FL

Probably is. My DAC has that option
  3. Dennis_FL

My camera has an 3" OLED screen and shows no sign of deterioration. My phone and DAC have an OLED screen and my laptop has an OLED touch screen. The current generation of OLEDs have a 100,000 hour life. I have a remote control with an earlier generation oled and it sucks
  4. Dennis_FL

My OLED TV is on year 5 and looks like day one. I believe you are thinking of the first gen OLEDs (I have a remote with those and it is quite dimmed). And the display isn't OLED --- otherwise it wouldn't have seqments.
  5. Dennis_FL

I wish my equipment had an easy to read display volume and a 12v trigger. My two wishes came true here
  6. Dennis_FL

Direct, Pure Direct & Stereo with Audyssey by-pass

That's true.....there will be no room correction or AD/DA conversions in the Denon.
  7. Dennis_FL

Room Measurement Tutorial for Dummies Part 2

Alas, There is no Part 3
  8. Dennis_FL

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

They are active always...and it causes issues for me. For example, if I want to use my headphone amp (using RCA unbalanced), I need to first shut off my main amp (connected via XLR balanced) otherwise I will be inadvertently play music from the main speakers. Then I need to turn the volume...
  9. Dennis_FL

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

I have a headphone amp on the RCAs and the main amp on the XLRs
  10. Dennis_FL

Direct, Pure Direct & Stereo with Audyssey by-pass

Do you know if volume control is digital?
  11. Dennis_FL

Is Volumio the best 'streamer freeware'?

Aha !!! Exactly what I was looking for. Can you share how this works? Can you keep JRiver and Roon up and running at the same time?
  12. Dennis_FL

Top 5 streamer devices by ASR community

I have a different need. I need two inputs to my DAC. I have one input need for Roon from a RPI4 with Ropieee and another for the Mac Mini USB output of Tidal, SiriusXM, QOBUZ, etc. Tidal and QOBUZ access is also available in Roon but SiriusXM isn't. I bought an SMSL PO100 for the Mac USB...
  13. Dennis_FL

I think the clock comment came from a video (Darko or Hans) and I need to do some hunting.....but Allo has a USB add on board for the Sparky or RPI described here for some additional cautions.
  14. Dennis_FL

“) I‘m currently using a Pi4 USB to my DAC but as I understand it, the USB is not perfect…primarily due to the clock transmission. I just ordered an Allo DigiOne but for different reasons than SQ…but I understand the SQ will improve a lot as the board reclocks if that’s the right word. Amir...
  15. Dennis_FL

Review and Measurements of Allo DigiOne RPI S/PDIF

Did you buy the Allo? I also have a similar question. I know I can stream with Roon but what about QOBUZ, Tidal, JRiver, etc? How do I stream to Allo?
  16. Dennis_FL

Is Volumio the best 'streamer freeware'?

I’ve been looking for somthing to work with both Roon and JRiver…. Does Volumio do that?
  17. Dennis_FL

New lab for Amir

I think we should all chip in and buy Amir a new place to do his testing like
  18. Dennis_FL

A Call For Humor!

19. Dennis_FL

Roon 2.0 Launched Today - Adds Mobile Listening

I was just thinking the same thing. I never left JRiver but haven't used it since my year on Roon. I spent about an hour trying to navigate JRiver help on moving a music library from a Mac to Raspi Linux. If you ever spent much time with JRiver help, you may start looking elsewhere. I am...
Top Bottom