Search results

1. Saponetto

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

So did they finally put out an hassle-free version of the D30 Pro?
  2. Saponetto

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Exact. With the available chips Topping built a DAC with fine performances, at an unavoidable cost in terms of overall reliability. Anyway, I still love it. :)
  3. Saponetto

At the end of the day, several devices (TV sets, BT receivers, smartboxes, also mini-PCs...) fits quite well the s/pdif requirements of the D30Pro, and some cd transport also does their job, either if coax or optically plugged. Other devices simply doesn't, therefore i agree at all with @Toku...
  4. Saponetto

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Had a SK 10 MkII in 2020, good performances but after a a few weeks right channel started to distort a lot. It seems that SMSL still has QC problems in their budget DACs, and this is a true pity...
  5. Saponetto

@NiagaraPete Afaik, they already do this on their Amazon reseller, and some local hifi dealers also started to inform the potential buyers about this limitation. At the end of the day, for my needs also this limitation is meaningless.
  6. Saponetto

As per @Mulder reply, it's a hit & miss matter if you need to directly connect a CD transport or a CD player. Based on simple tests I did some months ago, a simple spdif/toslink digital interface between these CD sources and the D30Pro seems to clear the stuttering problem. Any other device...
  7. Saponetto

Hello Paul, the jitter issue the D30Pro seems to suffer is related on some cd players (afaik no data about issues with cd transports) directly connected to optical/coaxial inputs. Any other device I used (TVs, media players, streamers) seems work just fine.
  8. Saponetto

Hope to have understood correctly your question. Page 56 of this thread should give some answers.
  9. Saponetto

Neither with 2.44 nor with 2.46. Never saw the display lit on from L4 status to inform about the sample frequecy change. Hope I've understood what you mean.
  10. Saponetto

Still trying to understand if there's any real difference between 2.44 and 2.46...
  11. Saponetto

Using a Topping E30 DAC on a PC with streaming services.

Well, it's a good point that there is no hardware problem in your audio chain. In order to achieve a good interface with the ASIO driver, Foobar needs some tricks and plugins, see the exhaustive tutorials available online. My suggestion, aimed at shorten the process, is to use as player MPC BE...
  12. Saponetto

Using a Topping E30 DAC on a PC with streaming services.

Is your dialog windows of the Topping driver showing you the name of the DAC device? Is your DX7 Pro+ able to reproduce any audio file, such as FLAC or MP3? If not, my first thought is to check the USB cable and use another USB port. A W7 machine is quote old, be sure that the Service Pack2 is...
  13. Saponetto

@Toku Sorry for the delay you experienced. I got my second D30Pro from a colleague who was unable to manage the spdif-coax issue with his cd transports, and this gave me a lot of occasions to test it as a "shuttle" dac between my rigs, with the advantage of being well acquainted with its...
  14. Saponetto

PCM384kHz works fine on both D30Pro I currently have in my rigs, one still has the v2.44 as it came out of the box, and the second was recently updated to v2.46. No issues.
  15. Saponetto

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I like these IEMs so much, but I usually listen music via my old Little Dot MkII, and I am worried about the impedance. I don't think it would be a good match with an impedance so low, even if I set the LD at a compliant gain.
  16. Saponetto

AIYIMA A200 Stereo Amplifier Review

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/aiyima-a300-review-stereo-amplifier.30957/ Also gave a test at my bench. It uses same TPA3255 chip. It's fine for general use, not suggested for HiFi needs, and not at that price range. Ops, see now you're mentioning the -SMSL- A300...
  17. Saponetto

A300 is too expensive and too big for desktop use, and its performances are not so high to think at it as a first rig amplifier. My 5 cents, obviously.
  18. Saponetto

For sure I'm not going to buy an A200 in its current price tag, already having its previous iteration happily running as second/desktop rig.
  19. Saponetto

Yes, from my side it took place in an easy-peasy way. Their CS also asked me to send a slo-mo video showing the event, and when they reverted to me their solution, it was only after their tech division had a clear answer on it. Nothing to regret about Aiyima CS, they are really on the "good...
  20. Saponetto

I replaced the caps immediately. Asked Aiyima CS info about the bump, and they told me what was the cause and how to get rid of it. Of course they sent me the replacement caps for free. Problem solved. :)
Top Bottom