Search results

1. S

A Call For Humor!

That movie was made by a comical sicko that I can relate too! I will have to watch it when it hits Netflix or Prime. After all, I liked all of the Tremors movies with our main man Bert Gummer! :) Always prepared!
  2. S

A Call For Humor!

Oh, I thought that was the TSA employment questionnaire!
  3. S

To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question.

The quick answer is that once you are in the inaudible range then you are wasting money by going after extreme specs. If it is not audible, it is not audible.
  4. S

A Call For Humor!

Dr. Strangelove has been relevant since WW2 and will always be until the sun stops shining. Best timeless movie ever! All Americans should have to watch it a few times to really understand it. As I am much more intelligent in the Defense world than most, it applies to today big time. If I told...
  5. S

Two speakers for computer

I think the more you get away from headphones the better off you will be. But, that is just my (one person) opinion! :)
  6. S

An audio engineer explains why Dolby Atmos Music is “definitely going to supersede stereo”

Yes it is fine. You can get very, very good sound from a 5.1 with ATMOS height speakers added. So it would be 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 Many (most?) rooms can handle a 5.1.4 a lot easier than a 7 or 9 speaker set up. The people who can really get into it are the ones with a dedicated theater room that was...
  7. S

A Call For Humor!

Another Senior Manager brushing up on his skills.
  8. S

An audio engineer explains why Dolby Atmos Music is “definitely going to supersede stereo”

I used to have a killer home theater system decades ago (5.1) The sub would lift the drop ceiling panels in my basement theater room. It was over the top crazy good. It would play cinema level audio at hearing damage levels. But I had three problems. 1. It scared the cats really bad. 2. The wife...
  9. S

A Call For Humor!

I'm a Lejeune guy. 1975 to 1978. The government will kill you if given half a chance. So many Americans trust the Government to take care of them. The deadliest words in America are "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help". That is your clue to run!
  10. S

A Call For Humor!

I know the younger folk have no idea who she is, but I'm terrified of that woman. She will not just threaten, she will actually do it!
  11. S

I hate to say this but the best thing I did was go to a sound bar. Now, it will not play 120db for movies but I would never listen at that level. It will easily play 95db and sound amazing. There are some "buts" in this, I will not ever get the wall shaking, window rattling, ceiling damaging...
  12. S

New Towers-BMR Philharmonic, Revel F208, or other?

Two different speakers. The Revel are more traditional while the BMRs have specifically designed in a wide dispersion. Adding a half decent sub to the BMRs should get you speakers that will do most anything. Of course when I say that someone jumps on the thread and says BUT the BMRs don't play...
  13. S

Poweramp recommendations

We could start a new thread on abnormal speakers and their abnormal owners! The big tent of audio accepts everyone, well, except for the audiophool types. We claim a tent door malfunction and send them on their way. LOL
  14. S

My soundbar is amazing. They have come a long way in the last few years. It easily replaced my entire home theater and did a better job of HT to boot!
  15. S

In other words, you go big or go home! Sounds like you have a very nice system. :)
  16. S

Wow Sal. You listen to the demo quality Edison cylinders too? I thought I was the only one. I hope we are not showing our age.........:)
  17. S

Adam is very wise! You DO NOT have to have the same speakers all around in a surround system. That was marketing BS to get people to buy more speakers. Very good LCR speakers with cheaper surrounds will do a good job. A lot of audio is myth and over thinking it. I have heard systems that were...
  18. S

Yes. You don't even have to go with 9 channels. A good 7.1 will do a good job. The thing about Atmos is that it allows you to go as wild with the number of speakers as you want. 11 channels? You can do it. But, it is not necessary. The height channels are a big plus for movies, but for music? I...
  19. S

A Call For Humor!

My version of room treatments! Click on the pic.
  20. S

You should be getting a nice 5.1 surround sound mix. It usually does sound very good compared to stereo. But, if you do not have an ATMOS receiver, you shouldn't be getting ATMOS abilities. They do sell ATMOS 5.1 receivers now. I have commented on how nice a surround sound system sounds compared...
Top Bottom