Search results

1. P

Headphone cable replacements for Sennheiser HD 560s?

I checked Amazon here in the EU, and it seems Geekria is dominating the replacement cables for most headphones. However, a lot of the negative reviews say the audio quality suffers (less highs and soundstage) with these cables. While one doesn't need liquid gold flowing in platinum pipes, I do...
  2. P

Why does the Sennheiser HD800s have such a wide soundstage?

Is there any 'overlap' in their frequency responses? An area that one can point to and say: if this looks like that, a headphone will have wide soundstage?
  3. P

Speaker positioning question - manufacturer's suggestions

Thanks for the tip! But I suppose those are very expensive? The Borea BR 02 and 03 come in active form, with BT but there's no word whatsoever on DSP correction. I'll try and find some models and see what price range we're talking about.
  4. P

General reliability of big Chinese brands?

When we're talking about a cheap amp of say 100 EUR, fine. But how about the Topping power amp, LA80 iirc, it costs almost a 1000 EUR. I'm sorry, but Chinese hifi is no longer the bottom price stuff you suggest it is. A decent DAC preamp like the Sabaj A20d costs almost 500 EUR. That's not...
  5. P

I can't really see what that has to do with my question, did you get the wrong thread? EU here btw, as mentioned in the original post.
  6. P

Why does the Sennheiser HD800s have such a wide soundstage?

Can anyone tell me (in very simple terms please, not a techie) why the Sennheiser HD800s sounds so very wide? Is it the large cups and distance from driver to ear? Is it the driver tech? Or is it some tuning that I can see in a graph? I'm interested so I can see what other headphones might...
  7. P

Speaker positioning question - manufacturer's suggestions

I'm looking for a pair of affordable speakers for a smallish room. I have considered the Borea 02 or 03 from Triangle. I like their sound. However, Triangle suggests they need to be put 60cm from the back wall or side walls, and 2m apart. That's not possible in this little room, unfortunately...
  8. P

We're spoiled for choice for superb performing Chinese hifi gear right now. Amir is pushing out gushing reviews after another for Topping, SMSL, Sabaj, Loxjie etc. The problem I have is that after a while we see issues with reliability popping up in the forums. And the main issue with these...
  9. P

Sabaj A20d 2022 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Thanks! Purely for the headphone amp then, the A10d is the better deal?
  10. P

Sabaj A20d 2022 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Can someone tell dumb little me, who doesn't yet get all the tech measurements from Amir, what the reason is I'd get this one over the a10d? From what I read here, the measurement differences are really inaudible. MQA I don't care about. It's not a real balanced headphone amp either. In fact...
  11. P

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

I'm sure it's been said already, but I'm not going over a 78 page thread. THIS! Topping, Sabaj, SMSL, Loxjie, Schiiiiiiitt, JDSlabs and all that ilk, are you paying attention? Stop using those idiotic elephant bricks and learn how to make good integrated power supplies! There are some good...
  12. P

Sabaj A20d 2022 Version Owners Feedback

I got that much. But only the manufacturer can clear this up for sure. Hopefully we'll get the facts from them.
  13. P

Sabaj A20d 2022 Version Owners Feedback

I'm looking into this, ticks every box I need. However, I read in this thread it may not be having a real balanced output for the HP. @peterwen can you clear this up? Thanks
  14. P

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

Yup, thanks found it. Shouldn't have put a space between MK and II :facepalm: :):)
  15. P

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

Not critisizing you in any way acbard, thanks for the info!
  16. P

Duh, why didn't that review show up when I searched? Thanks! I'll try again.
  17. P

Yes, that's nice. But what if the device arrives broken? Either way, you have to pay for the taxes, it's an improvement JDS does the initial customs paperwork, but you still have high costs (return shipping, shipping again, and again taxes and other custom charges, even if JDS does it for you...
  18. P

Anyone got a MK II and test this? Would be hilarious if these didn't have the fix, but better check. Anything else the MK II does better or worse?
  19. P

Thanks very much! Using foobar2000 too, I'll definitely have a look at this plugin!
  20. P

BTW, what is JDS policy & plans for EU customers? I was interested way back in the Element I, but there was no EU distributor. I'd have to pay for shipping and especially vexing, customs (as the cost, not the tax itself, is >30 EUR for the paperwork) myself. In case of a warranty case, that...
Top Bottom