Search results

1. D

Post Directiva r1 Passive Crossovers here

The mirror filter transfer function is pretty cool stuff I must admit, if a PC based active system is the goal. For passive filters, yes you can simulate passive filters in VituixCAD and export the result directly to APO EQ as an impulse response. Not just passive filters, but any filter than...
  2. D

Designing headphone EQ with VituixCAD

Scanning an image is actually the least preferred method, VituixCAD is meant to be used with real measured data from systems like ARTA, REW, SoundEasy, Clio, etc. So you can import any csv / frd type of data, or complete IR to FR processing using impulse response exported directly from ARTA...
  3. D

Since you have peak of nearly 6dB in that response, just make sure that whatever EQ system you use has an overall attenuation of -6dB so that your EQ stays under 0dBFS to avoid digital clipping.
  4. D

We can take this EQ process a bit further using APO EQ. We can generate a "mirror EQ" to automatically normalize the headphone response to any target. VituixCAD Mirror Transfer Function EQ Step 1: Trace the deviation from target response and load in as a driver file just as the instruction in...
  5. D

Well, you can get fairly close to what you are after with the combination of APO EQ and either VituixCAD or Rephase. It is not quite a live adjustment as you would get with the Parametric EQ bands in APO EQ, but as easy as making the adjustments you want, then save a file and load a file into...
  6. D

I'm not sure what you are looking for in the impulse response for a headphone EQ either! The filter transfer function that I mentioned is the right middle chart on the main window.
  7. D

Glad you found it helpful. If course, its important to keep an eye on the filter transfer function as well, to make sure that you are not over-compensating with extreme gains.
  8. D

Outlaw Model 5000 Multichannel Amplifier Review

RCA to XLR is a great way to go, you get the noise reduction benefit of XLR with the unbalanced signal and extra conductor. The monoprice product is probably just fine for the task, and very affordable. A power strip is a power strip, not much to talk about there just get one that fits your needs.
  9. D

I would infer that the information in the overview that you quote is making incorrect assumptions about the power supply arrangement based on incorrect information of a simple Class A/B design. Don't believe everything you read on the internet ;). I wouldn't suspect a complete redesign for the...
  10. D

What gives you that impression? From my inspection (visual and multimeter) it appeared similar to what I see for most class-G/H amplifiers, where 2 voltage rails have individual capacitors, all referenced to common point. Here's an example schematic from quick internet search for class-G...
  11. D

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

I'd like to see anything from Legacy Audio, but preferably one of the models with the dual large and small AMT tweeters. I'd also like to see something from Wilson Audio tested.
  12. D

You are correct, and yes the software has a silly name, maybe just to make sure you don't take things too seriously and have some fun with it :)
  13. D

Thank you for the clarification and encouragement. I agree, small corrections may not be very effective, the EQ I've provided above uses 6-8 bands with focus on getting the response to follow a flat trend line, so if I were to smooth the response greatly it would follow a straight line. The...
  14. D

Thanks for the info. Credentials aside, it doesn't take a trained listener to EQ to a target curve, which appears to be the utmost goal in every EQ profile that I pulled up in the list. The customization notes are a nice addition for the layperson that may just be entering values blindly without...
  15. D

I like to DIY, and also didn't know such a thing existed. It is nice to see at least, that my EQ preset for the two headphones mentioned above is remarkably similar to the Oratory preset, however these presets don't appear to have any consideration for distortion performance and can get a bit...
  16. D

Is no one interested in using the real measured data to determine their EQ profile ? Here's the Fidelio X2HR raw response vs ASR suggested EQ, I think it is pretty clear why I did not prefer this profile: With a little effort the response can be brought a lot closer to target:
  17. D

I'm not active on this forum, so I apologize if this is old news, but I wanted to share an easy method to provide some EQ insight using the measurement data from ASR in VituixCAD. I started down this path having a few pairs of headphones that have been reviewed here or at least very similar to...
  18. D

I did not mean to imply that it was something unique. Just a note of "what's in there on this one" in case there was any question of this amp being out of the ordinary, it is not.
  19. D

There's plenty of equipment, the Emotiva XPA-5 mentioned above for example that although the power plug looks like standard IEC it does not include a ground connection. Anyway, maybe it would have been better to provide a ground lift switch rather than a ground lug, not an issue either way in my...
  20. D

One thing that is different between this amp from many consumer electronics is the the chassis actually is connected to ground. Internally, the ground lug on the chassis is simply wired directly to the ground pin on the AC cord. They key here is that any class 2 electronics that is double...
Top Bottom