Search results

1. P

The Truth About Music Streaming

This! I now only buy vinyl and CD albums that I want this intimacy with. Especially vinyl haven me sit down, pause and actually listen to the music. Streaming from Qobus/Spottify and local CD rip have a tendency to be 'always on', often in the background. In the past the collection had items...
  2. P

EAC CIRC and C1 error

Thats what I've concluded also. And this is done using CIRC kode from the disk to correct the high amount of C1 errors RedBook allows for. If not EAC could actually be reading and repeatedly verifying production errors from the media. Which then possible would make 100% match with the...
  3. P

EAC CIRC and C1 error

Yes, this is how I understand the RedBook standard also. When playing on a normal audio CD player the CIRC error code interleaved over several frames will help mitigate many of the bit errors. But EAC do not mention any use of C1 error correction, only refers to C2. I'm guessing this is due to...
  4. P

EAC CIRC and C1 error

Revisitting and old topic as we learn 'new' things from the past. Now using EAC we know it makes a great effort in cloning bits of data as accurate as possible, but does it confirm these bits as valid music data? Reading though its documentation I can not find any mention of how EAC interact...
  5. P

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

Are I'm correct to understand it respond to JSON over HTML?
  6. P

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

Or my preferd way to think about it are that we no longer have to stay true to the original source but rather learn to adjust to our liking. We are already at the stage where music produced on a budget can automatically be mastered by a computer algorithm rather than a profesional engineer...
  7. P

LOL :) That truly are food for thoughts :) I own Cubase Pro and this environment as you say have all the tools, but aren't particularly optimized for playback. My thinking are more in lines with devices like Fractal Audio's Axe Fx with multiple FX slots and loads of presets and great remote...
  8. P

I had hoped my comment "not mastered for my stereo" covered that ;) I completely understand your arguments that dirt isn't a magic trick for great audio, hence my initial dual setup. Like to again point out I've landed this conclusion based on a long term setup where I could press my remote...
  9. P

Yes, it is from personal objective experience I'm discussing. But as I'm not a disbeliever in measurements I try make understanding as to where I'm coming from. With an industry utilizing a combination of both poor and great measuring devices. Even emulating distortion to enhance the artistic my...
  10. P

I used the silk screen printing on the PCB to guide me. My thinking your measuring rig would give you confirmation. The M7S specimen measured here we are not certain how was configured given amirm weren't able to set the jumpers. Different for my M7 the M7S have a dedicated NOS mode activated...
  11. P

Yeah, I used to poke finger at them until I learned by own experience. Although I do not subscribe to high cost and find 400$ worth of CNC on a audio device silly I can understand other appreciate that kind of aesthetic. I've come to the conclusion SINAD doesn't really tell much about how I...
  12. P

Yes exactly my thinking. Hence in my initial dual setup I had two transports syncroniced going into RME and M7 for easy switching between them from the amp's remote. While it turns out I do like salt on everything I too had consern about looking myself into a singularity ;) One interesting...
  13. P

I don't subscribe to Darko's colorful language or sales agenda. But still he seem to be clever enough to alter the settings which amirm wheren't able to get his head around :) Here is the manual proudly made from some free online service similar to google translate...
  14. P

While the idea is valid I don't think it will work out as intended. You probably will be able to capture the color of the M7 given its not as subtle as some might think. But its the synergy with the rest of the setup that makes it a rational choice for me. To me personally in current setup both...
  15. P

I fully understand your thought process as I shared it for decades. Recently I came to the conclusion I might had it wrong and wanted to take another approach. I never knew what the intent with any release actually where. And industry standard seem to be not to master your own mixes. Implying a...
  16. P

I wonder if you confuse golden ears with sense of self? I explained I don't trust my ears and what tool I used to make a confirmation of what my brain prefer i.e. trusting the sense of feelgood. Heck it weren't even ment as a tool, it was initially done as a way to switch my colorbox (M7 2015...
  17. P

Me too. In a sense what we would have is similar tool rig as mastering engineers use today. Although removing distortion and compression will prove difficult. Projects like Carla providing host capabilities for VST on Linux might be a solution forward for custom products.
  18. P

I where thinking more in general terms for R2R compared to preferred new technology. But your numbers are not wrong and should i theory even be smoother given there are parallel chips ;) One can wonder if it actually have genuine PCM1704K chips in the first place as low distortion figures are...
  19. P

I don't disagree giving we understand what parameter to adjust to give it pleasant sound. For instance a multitude of class A transistor stages produce very different distortion and harmonic content than a single op-amp set up to create similar amount of total distortion. This blended with...
  20. P

Yes, that was my thinking when I purchased my M7 with all discrete transistor circuits ;) My dual setup where I could change between two DAC's from my amp's remote I had the idea not all music needed the coloration. But several month down the road I found that metall/rock/blues and simpler...
Top Bottom