Search results

1. vicenzo_del_paris

Canton Smart Connect 5.1 (discussion)

At that time, the 2ch and 3ch power amp were from same manufacturer and had same gain. Thus, no special adjustment.
  2. vicenzo_del_paris

I was using the Canton smart connect in a similar workflow: TV -> SM 5.1 (hdmi) Streamer -> SM 5.1 (toslink) SM 5.1 -> Sub SM 5.1 -> DSP -> 2ch power amp -> mains SM 5.1 -> 3ch power amp -> center and surrounds
  3. vicenzo_del_paris

Hi, I owned the smart connect 5.1 about 2 years ago and had to send it back to canton few months after and got refunded. See my previous post on this device. To summarize: this device was very nice (a bit limited compared to an avr, but rather affordable:) ). But it had issues that I could not...
  4. vicenzo_del_paris

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

This crusade against @boXem | audio is a pure non sense !!! I don't get any of @thenamelessone7 arguments, nor what he's trying to achieve (unless expressing regrets of having missed a deal). @boXem | audio has proven to all of its customers (including me) high level of integrity and service...
  5. vicenzo_del_paris

boXem Arthur 4222/E1 Amplifier Review

This review thread is about a power amp, not an integrated amp. It is not the purpose of a power amp to provide tone controls. One can create a specific thread about the trend in the absence of tone controls in integrated amps :) (btw why would you need tone controls when you can have full...
  6. vicenzo_del_paris

Who would buy a speaker without listening to it?

Of course being able to listen to speakers before buying is better. But sometimes it is not possible. Hifi dealers are not everywhere and have only a selection of their own. In Europe (at least France), return policies differ a lot from what you can get in the US. Returning stuff is not as easy...
  7. vicenzo_del_paris

I think that the combination of knowing your own flaws as a listener + well measuring speakers + well implemented DSP is far less a gamble that relying on impressions from subjective demo on a dealer's auditorium (kind of russian roulette). I would never NOT use DSP for a hifi setup anymore...
  8. vicenzo_del_paris

I never purchased devices and speakers based on online/magazines reviews that did not provide any detailed measurements (except once and it ended up being a bad choice). I did buy stuff that did not have stellar measurements but had ok specs and very featured and handy (e.g. streamer) For...
  9. vicenzo_del_paris

Performance Limitation of Purifi Amplifier unit and boXem Arthur 4222/E1 Amplifier

I don't get either the point of such thread... Nor what your aim is. @boXem | audio has already explained the choice of using an SMPS1200. He makes manufacturing choices of his own, taking into account constraints, whatever you're happy or unhappy with. That's sad to see people to complain for...
  10. vicenzo_del_paris

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Every thing can be done per output channel
  11. vicenzo_del_paris

Hypex Ncore NC252MP market overview

I own a Boxem 3409 and I am able to reduce the preamp volume down to a very quiet level (like barely noticeable at 3 meters) without having the amp getting in stand by.
  12. vicenzo_del_paris

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

Like a charm ;) It works perfectly. I got my Arthur 3409 a year ago and the Audio sense has been bullet proof since. Fed first by minidsp ddrc24 and then replaced by a minidps Flex.
  13. vicenzo_del_paris

Which speaker setup best describes your primary audio system?

I don't see why a multichannel system would require a huge room! Multichannel systems such as 5.1 are not rare at all in France, Europe. What is more rare here, indeed, is real proper dedicated home theaters room as it requires more € investment and often house modifications (or must be...
  14. vicenzo_del_paris

Which speaker setup best describes your primary audio system?

Voted "something else" as my system is a mix of other options. For music it is 2.1, a streamer connected to preamp/DSP/active crossover that feeds both a power amp with passive main speakers and an active sub. For TV and movies, it is 5.1, an AVR feeding passive surrounds/center speakers and...
  15. vicenzo_del_paris

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

I had mine on 24/7 for 2 years. Was a bit warm but not much as other devices.
  16. vicenzo_del_paris

Minidsp Flex Eight!

From the announcent email I got, renaming presets name from 1..4 to a proper user defined label : "- Preset Labels: By popular request, you can now give each preset your own label"
  17. vicenzo_del_paris

There is no customs fees to import device such as minidsp ones in Europe. There is only VAT to pay and DHL processing fees (about 15€).
  18. vicenzo_del_paris

For balanced Flex + 20% VAT + DHL fees, at current dollar/euro exchange rate, it would make around 725 euros all included. Audiophonics got their reseller discount since the Flex was released and now proposes at about 765 euros with shipping. As @MarcosCh says, it now makes sense to order at...
  19. vicenzo_del_paris

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

I don't even need to swap cables to hear differences :) With the exact same system and content, I don't get the same experience depending my mood, my wife mood, the hour of day, and so on... Most of the time it sounds good to me, sometimes it sounds way less good. It's about psychoacoustics and...
  20. vicenzo_del_paris

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

If it really does, can you provide a tangible proof (so far, nobody yet has been able to do it) ?
Top Bottom