Search results

1. iMickey503

Microphones go Bad? Video by Dave Rat.

In his video "Vocal Microphones Go Bad" Dave Rat goes over how to test your microphones with simple gear that you already own. He also indicates how important it is to do maintenance on your microphones as spit and other foreign objects can collect on the diaphragm and alter its frequency...
  2. iMickey503

Did Cocaine really make records sound over bright with Treble?

Is this an Old Wives Tale? She said at 6:22 that Cocaine is the reason why Records sound Bright in the 80's. Its claimed this was due to the Record Engineers being high on coke being the reason for treble being emphasized with the recordings on vinyl during that time. This seems hard to...
  3. iMickey503

Silicon Photonics and are next generation of Audio logic

I wanted to make this easy to understand for everyone. CORRECTIONS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE! AND WARMLY WELCOMED! Silicon Photonics The purpose of this thread is to illustrate the new possible performance achievable with the advancements of Audio gear we use today, being based on...
  4. iMickey503

Transformers Blaster Bluetooth BoomBox build

How cool is it to have something like this become a thing from the 80's. I had the areal bots. But sure wish I had this toy as a kid. But passes when it did not have the radio anymore. He used some Boss Speakers for the build. Not sure about the Bluetooth amp board. A compact...
  5. iMickey503

TDA-7498 Purchased for $6.99

Short and sweet. It was cheap. Bought 2 of them. And the power supply is bigger than the amp itself. It was 6.99 with free shipping but they ran out on Amazon. Specs for the ST Microelectronics site for the chip itself, as the Board and how its used can vary from build house to build house...
  6. iMickey503

Is there a custom made baffles service out there?

Bought these tectonic drivers from Parts express & was wondering if there are services out there that make custom trim rings for these or Baffles? i want to flush mount these into pods, but I would like them flush in a trim ring. So I was wondering if any of you know anyone that does...
  7. iMickey503

Haz nothing to do with audio. Outdoor Lighting actually. $53 bucks for a 10 PACK!

Well, I have 2 loves in life. Audio, and Lighting. So... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S8WJV83?ref_=posts&postId=60005926-7f17-400a-85b1-6de424a22f56 I would not call them super. In fact they are cheaper then some solar lights. Probably less then 1 watt led. Who cares. I can't...
  8. iMickey503

Just bought 2 car audio 4 channel amps for $79. So far? so good.

WAS $79 bucks. Free shipping. Did luck out. But as usual blaupunkt quality. Oh LOOK! Every screw was loose. Just like me! But these two.. They could not even make in in the threads? Another.. Hmm. Remember, this is a NEW amp. Maybe these stickers are just for fun. With...
  9. iMickey503

Gilbert Gottfried . And it's not fair.

it's a little strange to hear about this as I really liked Gilbert Gottfried. is pretty much in one of my favorites right after Sam Kinison and of course the wonderful Robin Williams. I really don't like that some of the people I grew up on, our now passing away . and I know it sounds stupid...
  10. iMickey503

Subwoofers. How much do you REALLY need to feel like you are there in the Movie.

[Test thread] So you want to set up a home theater. And you want to experience it like you are there. In a Typical living room? For something Turn Key? I'd say about this: But Maybe you don't have a 150,000 Budget. And you really want to get that slam. Let's start with that...
  11. iMickey503

Mechanical Clock from Japan

There is something special about Old mechanical tech like Clocks. For me, its just the facination on how they work from such a simple method such as using the AC 60hz sinewave to time the clock. Simple and Elegant. Today, most of our items are from China that we see in shops and...
  12. iMickey503

Does anyone Remember the Egg Master? Or Rollie?

It could only be done in Upside down land. Nat actually has a cooking show and wrote a book on how to cook things that won't make your Ralph. But this might be the greatest cooking moment of all time. Maybe. I thought it was it Funny. So I think you might find it completely...
  13. iMickey503

Should I be worried that DROP does not know a keyboard from a Headphone?

I'm a bit worried about Drop Support. I bought the HifiMan Headphones with a 3 year warranty from Drop. The Left Ear cup went out. On the first email, Drop support asked us to swap cables and devices. Then never followed through on the email. Photos were included in my initial reply to...
  14. iMickey503

This Now the U-Haul Speakers thread.

Distortion Its not your friend The tests showcased in Steve's video is a Spielwechsler for those with Factory head units. LOC Devices are mostly geared to adding a Sub woofer to a stock car audio system. However, they can also be used for : Adding a subwoofer. Upgrading factory /...
  15. iMickey503

Low Voltage Vacuum Tube OTL Audio Amplifier By Usagi Electric

I want to get this out of the way. The schematic. The Video: I wonder if there is any real reason to even dabble into something like this because to me I don't really see much practical application since there are a multitude of wonderful tube amplifier designs and kits. But I have...
  16. iMickey503

2021 Is almost done with. SO AMP review with a TWIST

See this Powerful amp? Do you want it? I am giving away 4 of these. Yup. No Strings attached. Absolutely FREE! First 4 people to post IN THIS THREAD get the Amp listed bellow on Amazon. Simple as that! (God I hope you live in the USA / CONUS Otherwise, its your job to tell me...
  17. iMickey503

Ending 2021 the best way Possible.

Katigan XY-AP50L 5.0 50W+50W
  18. iMickey503

Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett?

When I Think of Holiday Music, I often say Frank, but then, what I usually end up with is Tony. November just rolled around. So its time to pull out the those wonderful spinning discs I got so long ago, and have them make their rounds on the carousel. I use to think that all holiday music...
  19. iMickey503

I am confused about Ohm loads on Dave Rats video and amp Bridging & Ohm's Law.

The Video: My Conundrum: I thought when you lower the resistance, you increase the power output of transistor based amps. Reference: Perry Babins 12volt.com site calculators Dave Rats Findings/ Reasoning from what I understand: "-You get more output power/ Watts (He did use the term...
  20. iMickey503

LTR Test. Blaupunkt 1504 - 4/3/2/ Car Audio Amplifier

[You really messed up your life haven't you?] PRO: Its still working CONS: It's still working* NOPE, _It's over 9000!!!!!!!!! NOPE, NOPE,NOPE, In a world where everyone gets a medal? And a prize just for showing up? This is the amp no one wanted. For the Amplifier no one asked...
Top Bottom