Search results

1. orchardaudio

Orchard Audio Holiday Sale 2022!

See the website for full details: www.orchardaudio.com
  2. orchardaudio

PecanPi® DAC / Streamer Rev 3.0

If you will be driving headphones it will depend on the headphone impedance and how hard you drive them. But generally, I would not do any less than 500mA. I would say you will need approximately 500mA + 2 x headphone current, where the headphone current is for both left and right channels.
  3. orchardaudio

The DAC requires 9V, you can power the RPI using a POE hat but the DAC will not work with 5V. Maybe you can get some kind of 5V to 9V converter in addition. The output impedance of XLR is <<1ohm, you can easily drive headphones. That is what it is designed for. The specifications are here...
  4. orchardaudio

For Sale: Used Starkrimson Stereo Ultra (Dual Mono w/ Caps)

I have a used Starkrimson Stereo Ultra for sale for $3300 + shipping. MSRP is $3800 Custom silver front panel Dual mono with capacitor upgrade XLR inputs 110/120 AC input (can be changed to 220/240V). 1-year warranty included.
  5. orchardaudio

Ultra-High Performance Stereo RCA to True Balanced XLR Converter

Available for purchase now: https://orchardaudio.com/product/stereo-rca-to-xlr-converter/
  6. orchardaudio

Starkrimson Monos with 21.5dB Gain and 300W GaN Supplies

These are used and in very good condition. They come with a full 1-year warranty. $1800 + Shipping. Save $400 off MSRP. More info here: Starkrimson Monoblock Amplifier Payments by PayPal and credit card are accepted.
  7. orchardaudio

Thanks for the support.
  8. orchardaudio

Starkrimson® Ultra Amplifier Modules -- 250/500W into 8/4ohm

It is used for wiring the on/off button. Please see the provided instructions. Going forward please email me. This is not the place to have these conversations.
  9. orchardaudio

There is not much room there with the 40mm caps, I don't know if 50 will fit but I doubt it.
  10. orchardaudio

Thank you for your support. I think it is 10mm, if you ordered the kit the capacitors come with the kit. If it's not the kit here is the part number. Nichicon / UKW1H472MRD or Nichicon / UVK1H472MRD
  11. orchardaudio

The heatsink itself does not touch the chassis but it is electrically isolated using a 3M 8810 thermal pad.
  12. orchardaudio

Yes, they are all 4700uF, if you have a single power supply for both modules then you can only use 4 caps per board instead of 6.
  13. orchardaudio

DIY Streamer

Very nice.
  14. orchardaudio

Pics you’ve taken,

from my photo blog here: https://www.viewbug.com/photo/98066342
  15. orchardaudio

8-ohm numbers are the same as before, 4-ohm numbers added and also added the dissipated power on a separate axis, this is really the same information shown differently.
  16. orchardaudio

Updated efficiency plot showing both 8 and 4 ohm numbers
  17. orchardaudio

SMPS for Audio Applications

I was able to get the same output power of 1000WRMS (actually around 1050W if you factor in module efficiency) from both power supplies by having each drive two amplifier modules with 4-ohm loads.
  18. orchardaudio

The Hypex power supply has 25mVrms noise in the audio band while the Micro-Audio supply has 250uVrms noise in the audio band. Below is FFT of both power supply outputs with a 3W load. The @MicroAudio power supply will be a much better option for amplifers with poor PSRR. The plot below shows...
  19. orchardaudio

There is no difference in performance from what I have already posted on the forum between the two power supplies. I was not expecting there to be any. This is not to say that the power supply itself is not electrically better it is just that it does not make a difference with my amp modules...
Top Bottom