Search results

1. ripmixburn

Anyone using DSP/PEQ with vintage receivers?

I currently have this setup going (drawn with a demo version of ConceptDraw). Actually my setup is more complicated because I am using a Paradigm PW with a digital volume control I do not trust with amplifier main input. I would diagram how much more complicated it is (add a DAC and headphone...
  2. ripmixburn

Diagramming tools for modelling component connection?

I downloaded the demo. Many clicks later I think I am able to get my idea across. If it's clear, what do you think of the idea?
  3. ripmixburn

Found it! Not sure of pricing but this is what I was looking for.
  4. ripmixburn

Wow, lots of detail! Hopefully he'll respond and let us know what he uses.
  5. ripmixburn

I've seen some diagrams that illustrate how various audio components (amp, preamp, phono preamp, etc) are configured in an audio system. What do you recommend for this? I use Mac but I'm sure browsers could work too. Ideally something that has a set of symbols for audio (e.g. RCA cables, binding...
  6. ripmixburn

Amazon Basics 4K HDMI Extractor Review

The optical output of my new LC C1 TV was not connecting reliably with my older Anthem (non-ARC) receiver so I bought an HDMI splitter which has worked like a dream. Passes UHD video to the TV and HDMI audio to the Anthem. No glitches. Only downside is Apple TV no longer triggers on the Anthem...
  7. ripmixburn

First Impressions of the Magnepan LRS vs. the LRS+

Are there any binaural recordings of the LRS+ in the wild? Even a Sennheiser AMBEO Smart Headset (clearance prices) would give some indication.
  8. ripmixburn

Sounds like they are back-ordered for over a year, so if you like them, I would grab them!
  9. ripmixburn

Fascinating and could be a great fit for my challenging space. Does anyone know if this speaker technology lasts as long as traditional drivers?
  10. ripmixburn

Quest for Real Bass Traps

Let's have a panel discussion
  11. ripmixburn

I wonder if they are making the same mistake as Uplift acoustic products and misreading the PET specification. I think it's e200 which (if i recall correctly) means enclosed cavity with 200mm of space.
  12. ripmixburn

I'm not sure why the Y axis means, but these UK corner mounted bass traps claim great absorption in the bass region. https://www.gbacoustics.co.uk/products/pet-bass-trap-xl
  13. ripmixburn

How do my old ARC measurements look?

15MB is too big apparently. This link should work, based on the now-defunct Firefox Send website. https://send.vis.ee/download/963e0950f0c86cb1/#J6fgqHgXLdWr3jtj1e8MIA
  14. ripmixburn

Hmmm… well I'm not sure if an admin approves, or this forum dicards zipped attachments by default, but I don't see the attachment. This makes sense as you can't just let people upload any file type, just surprised it appeared to upload without error. Message me and I suppose I can email it?
  15. ripmixburn

Attached is my data. The first six measurements are most usable. There is one where I put the mic close to the ceiling as I noticed more bass. Would love any and all thoughts! Mainly I want to know if my room is worth further investment. I have no diffusion but 48 sqft of 2 and 3 inch thick...
  16. ripmixburn

Thank you! I definitely confirmed that the two Anthem mics I have are similar below 5khz and wildly different above it. The older Anthem receiver I have does not Sorry for the delay, just opened REW again. Like this? I did not not change defaults. Left, Right, LFE, Center, Back (side) left...
  17. ripmixburn

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

I'm doing this and it works well though apply unity gain which fixes the volume and removes distortion. Technics turntable ➔ RCA ➔ Schiit Mani preamp ➔ RCA ➔ PW Link ➔ TOSLINK ➔ Yamaha A-S801 integrated amp with optical inputs One feature of the PW Link that I really like is auto-switching...
  18. ripmixburn

Panasonic SA-XR57 Multi-channel Receiver Review

I own this amp and measured some uneven responses with Arc compared to my Yamaha A-S801. Some vocals are quite sharp and fatiguing. Just turned it on again for the first time and some Billie holiday vocals in the 200 to 800hz range seem to make it most obvious.
  19. ripmixburn

It sounds good but a little lean and hard to get a great image from only 8 feet away from speakers. Probably due to the low sloped ceiling, the bass sounds like you are standing in the corner whenever you move around. The difference when seated is dramatic. I posted some photos and even a 3D...
  20. ripmixburn

I have tried REW using this mic, although REW is prone to operator error (when this operator is using it) so my measurements are not to be trusted 100%. I'm using a Mac, so I never know what input level to set the microphone at in Sound Preferences. I just pick halfway. I can hear the sub...
Top Bottom