Search results

1. 3125b

Kef R3's split a pair for centers Netherlands

If you are willing to order in Germany you could get a single speaker here: https://csmusiksysteme.net/Lautsprecher/Regal-Lautsprecher/KEF-R3-Stueckpreis-Walnuss.html Shipping would cost 18€ to the Netherlands.
  2. 3125b

Kef R3's split a pair for centers Netherlands

The R2C is a coaxial 3-way, it performs well. Granted, it's a little more expensive, but it would be easy.
  3. 3125b

Swissonic A305

That looks very interesting for the price. However it's a little weird to have a LFE of only 40Hz on a 3-way with an 8" woofer. Granted, the woofer doesn't look like it has a lot of excursion, but but just due to size I'd expect at least 35Hz.
  4. 3125b

Sennheiser HD569 Headphone Review

Great, as long as nobody knows what's going one we're on the same page :) I have the HD 569 and think it's one of the better closed-back headphones under 100€. Sure, it needs a bit of EQ to sound really good, but it is actually capable of producing something like a sound stage, it's reasonably...
  5. 3125b

Kali LP 2nd Wave series alternative for a 49 m2 meter room

Then it will require much bigger speakers to get a satisfying listening experience, small near-field monitors really aren't the way to go for that application. I have my setup in a 5x5m room with a listening distance of about 3,5m, using a pair of KEF R5 and one Monolith 12" THX Ultra sub and I...
  6. 3125b

Paradigm's new Founder serie

Something is going on with their tweeter, with a waveguide that size it should not behave like that. And the initially interesting looking 70LCR - well hell no, that's rough. They nailed the look, but actual audio performance not so much.
  7. 3125b

Kali IN-UNF - new ultra nearfield speakers

But those are just small speakers in a bag. No sub, not coaxial etc.
  8. 3125b

Kali IN-UNF - new ultra nearfield speakers

Way to think outside the box. This might be what a number of not so audio-savvy people actually need instead of placing conventinal speakers very poorly where there is no room for them. That does however lead me right to criticism: The fact that this system is IEC Class I is a big oversight, it...
  9. 3125b

The good, the bad and the sub

You could get a DSP like the MiniDSP 2x4, thats around 120€ andoffers a variety of manual controls. I'm sure there are tutorials out there. You could also use any computer running REW. Or, if that's too involved, you could sell your amp and get an AVR. The cheapest new AVRs are Sony, but their...
  10. 3125b

The good, the bad and the sub

The Monolith has the highest output and lowest group delay. FR is plenty good for all of them. But the real issue is that you have no room correction in your setup. Adding that would be my first priority.
  11. 3125b

XTZ 12.17 Edge subwoofer, best bang for the buck in Europe?

Indeed, Erin compared the two in his video about the 2000 Pro, in general they are very similar (they even look very similar). The Monoprice has significantly lower group delay though (under or close to one cycle fully ported which is very good), that might be a real advantage. It also has...
  12. 3125b

Using an Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer in 2022

Sure, seems like a decent sub. As long as it works it will do a fine job even in a large room (if you don't insist on deafening levels).
  13. 3125b

XTZ 12.17 Edge subwoofer, best bang for the buck in Europe?

The 2nd gen Monolith are still on sale in the EU on their website, 550€ for the 10“ and 750€ for the 12“. I went with the first gen 12“ for about 690€ (sold out now unfortunately), great sub. They are very heavy though, the 12“ 2nd gen weighs 51kg and there is no way to grab it properly, to...
  14. 3125b

Elac concentro S503 bookshelf

So it seems to be an on-axis only issue. Still, at 7000€/pair for passive bookshelves there should be no issues whatsoever.
  15. 3125b

Full range floorstanders ~$4000 budget

They were 1995€ each for the longest time: https://geizhals.de/heco-direkt-dreiklang-schwarz-a1673363.html
  16. 3125b

... each. For the European market I'd add some bigger models from noteworthy brands such as - Canton Reference 3.2 DC - Heco Celan Revolution 9 - Arendal 1723 Tower THX ... and probably many more.
  17. 3125b

Wharfedale Elysian series

Reading between the lines it's a fine speaker but at higher SPL the woofer struggles. Try https://www.deepl.com/translator
  18. 3125b

They're not really available anymore, but the Heco Direkt Dreiklang used to be around 4000€ and are true full-range floorstanders. Little bit on the bulky side though.
  19. 3125b

Elac concentro S503 bookshelf

Oh wow, do they cost more than 50€? That is one of the worst measuring speakers I've ever seen. Whoever signed off on that must be deaf, there is no other explanation.
Top Bottom