Search results

1. Jimster480

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

Topping is listening to people especially on this forum. I mean my ~4 year old DX7 had some faded components on it but it had been left on basically all the time for the past 4 years until I got my D70S 2 months ago. Definitely still was very visible even if the brightness had reduced on the...
  2. Jimster480

music that sounds good and music that sounds bad

There used to be lots of good show and game based soundtracks! Today I feel like there are not as many.
  3. Jimster480

New SMSL M500 MKIII, A new device again?

Duno, someone will have to test it.
  4. Jimster480

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Nope, there is basically nothing to make this better its already TOTL tier. There are some new Amps from SMSL & Topping which are cheaper like Topping L30 II and SMSL HO. There are also Amps from Schiit and others.... but honestly this is the only Amp that has dual outputs at the same time with...
  5. Jimster480

Review and Measurements of Topping A30 and Schiit Magni 3 Headphone Amps

I think they just want to save their business. They are greedy schmucks at the end of the day who spent years scheming and deceiving an entire industry while buying forums and administrator's out to push their agenda. For me I really could care less what they "engineer" today because I wouldn't...
  6. Jimster480

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

Cuz this is trash
  7. Jimster480

Schiit Asgard 3 Headphone Amp & DAC

Maybe it had to do with the gain configuration
  8. Jimster480

Study: Is I²S interface better for DACs than S/PDIF or USB?

Too much money and work, also traveling is a hectic thing ever since global politics just became a shit show. What hardware are you using? I personally have tested i2s with my Smsl xUSB and a topping DX7. I went through a bunch of trouble to make this work just to try it out. There were no...
  9. Jimster480

I can't go that far, I haven't got that kind of free time with a family lol
  10. Jimster480

Where is your studio? I will come and listen and compare.
  11. Jimster480

I like my mids extra chocolaty. Can't have them get milky like with other inferior transport methods. Superior tech like I2S help to bring the cocoa directly into the mids and you can really feel it sprinkled in there with how full it sounds.
  12. Jimster480

Cool story bro, your contributions will surely be noted but not taken seriously as they cannot be backed up by scientific fact.
  13. Jimster480

Schiit Magni Heretic Headphone Amp Review

Good to see even Schiit making good products these days.
  14. Jimster480

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

That would be pretty awesome. I figure with all of the losses that Google is taking they probably need to win and this is why they are considering it
  15. Jimster480

Marantz HD-AMP1 DAC and Integrated Amplifier

It doesn't look very competitive. I would go with Smsl instead.
  16. Jimster480

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Good luck with sale, I hope you find a buyer quickly.
  17. Jimster480

THX Onyx Review (headphone adapter)

The software is actually from XMOS because it has an XMOS controller of some kind. This is why its the same for both. It works quite well, if you are really going to use it you probably will like it as long as you don't try to drive planars with it.
  18. Jimster480

Aeon 2 Noire - how close to Stealth?

This has long since been a Hot Topic here and people have constantly asked for this headphone to be tested but it has not yet been tested.
  19. Jimster480

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

That is a huge oversight, I have never used one of these so I didn't even think about that. My DX7 didn't switch automatically either IIRC though.
Top Bottom