Search results

1. TheBatsEar

The kit we bought, our current setups

Dust off your membranes! I use a soft brush.
  2. TheBatsEar

Inside Yamaha amps

What changed? I had them. In terms of power, noise, THD, material and feel, they compare very well. In fact, i would be hard pressed to remember any difference that is not the VU meters. The A-S1000 for 700€ is a fair price, everything below is an excellent price, given that it's not scratched...
  3. TheBatsEar

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

Hard to answer, since there aren't meaningful measurements of the 3010 around. I guess, based on volume alone, that the Diamond 12.1 would be an update at least in bass. But i would save some more money instead and go at an update that is worth it for sure: subwoofer SVS SB-1000 ($500) MiniDSP...
  4. TheBatsEar

ATC speakers / Monitors

Are you saying their customers would continue buying ATC if they sounded like the competition? Why do you think people gobble up all the product ATC can produce today?
  5. TheBatsEar

Inside Yamaha amps

Sounds simple enough, but then i have to rip it out of the rack first, which then must be dusted off, which is a task in itself. Current project on my workbench is a Prusa Mini clone which is coming along really nice, i'm dialing it in right now. Anyway, since there is a general lack of...
  6. TheBatsEar

Worth it, they look very nice.
  7. TheBatsEar

ATC speakers / Monitors

I have yet to see evidence that their stuff isn't contemporary.
  8. TheBatsEar

Inside Yamaha amps

Done. I don't have anything to take apart right now except for my A-S1200, and that is used daily. Maybe at the weekend.
  9. TheBatsEar

ATC speakers / Monitors

You sound like you are poor. :p But yes, i would have updated from my SCM 19 v2 for sure if i had spare cash, i like them very much and would love to have larger ATCc some day. I'm stalking Ebay for good prices ...
  10. TheBatsEar

YAMAHA A-S701 - tear-down, thoughts about the internals & few measurements

Why about an Y cable? I assume that should do the trick just fine.
  11. TheBatsEar

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Money well spent, i can hear it all.
  12. TheBatsEar

YAMAHA A-S701 - tear-down, thoughts about the internals & few measurements

If you just need the A-S701 amp section, because you have a proper DAC, and are low on funds, consider a R-N700 and pay no more than 200€. Same power supply and power amp section.;)
  13. TheBatsEar

Wild Panthers spotted: Nice :cool:
  14. TheBatsEar

Amazon Vinyl of the Month Club

"I want to consume, but don't have time. Please send me whatever." Many such cases. Sad.
  15. TheBatsEar

Inside Yamaha amps

If money was a concern for me, i would buy a R-S700 (same power amp and power supply than A-S700/701/801) and call it a day. In terms of amplification, there is little in the A-S1000/1100/1200 that you don't get in the 700 series. You pay for looks, weight and, dare i say it, prestige or something.
  16. TheBatsEar

Inside Yamaha amps

That video is quite horrible. A random engineer and a random sales person changing random caps by ear, and that makes it into a special European build? I have doubts. Cheers :cool: I should sell mine for a profit then, bought the amp for 1450€, was only 3 month old. The seller was in...
  17. TheBatsEar

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Damn, that sucks. I feel your pain.
  18. TheBatsEar

Your Preferred Amplifier Topology

So it's not there, and you couldn't hear it even if it was there, and your speaker couldn't render it anyway. And yet @usersky says he doesn't like whats not there. Something doesn't add up.:p All jokes aside, @usersky, you need to blindly AB check this. After a few minutes of switching...
Top Bottom