Search results

1. Golfx

Cinema 50 with Anthem MCA 325 GEN 2

Anthem AVRs and AVCs come with multiple quirks, some persistent bugs, and very sparse user manuals. Marantx/Denon come with very few bugs and very detailed robust user manuals (350+pages) full of easy instructions and tips for advanced features. Plus the new Cinema 50 allows you to shut off...
  2. Golfx

Yamaha MX-A5000 With Marantz AV7706

Should be no reason it will not work perfectly. The pre-outs will allow the AVR to balance all speakers with the internal and external amps just fine. I used to have a MCA 325 it was an awesome amp—large and heavy—which is why i swapped it out for a class d amp.
  3. Golfx

Yamaha MX-A5000 With Marantz AV7706

You really want separates don’t you? Did you find a good price on a used A5000? They have been discontinued. If you have a good price to your liking on the A5000 then the 7706 has a lot of features and would work well. A lot of people would just get the newer future proof (8K) Cinema 50...
  4. Golfx

Marantz Cinema 50 - Pre Out

You are fine with just using your pre-outs from your Cinema 50. Many people find AVRs work just fine as a prepro. You would not hear any improvement by moving to a separate AVP instead of just using your AVR. Unfortunately Emotiva has correctly earned its bad reputation for buggy releases and...
  5. Golfx

The XPA-11 will be a fine wattage match with your speaker choices especially considering they are 8 ohm speakers. Having more wattage is ok. Having too little wattage is the danger to your speakers. You mention wanting “clarity”. The XPA-11 is certainly convenient for your purposes of...
  6. Golfx

Yes you can use the pre-outs for some specific channels. All the pre-outs are always “live” regardless and can be used even if you do NOT shut off power to the internal amps. The concept of allowing the power to be shutoff to the internal amp may reduce heat somewhat and “may” allow for...
  7. Golfx

Hi. You will be fine to use preouts for LCR either way—page 227 gives more information about shutting off individual affected center internal amp—not using amp assign. As you know the AVR only has 9 channels powered but allows preouts for 11 meaning you will have to use an external amp for two...
  8. Golfx

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

You are consistent in your low opinion of high end products.
  9. Golfx

I envy your location and decisions. I lived in Italy for 3 years in the 80s and miss it.
  10. Golfx

You live in one of the great cultural cities in the world AND you have a Trinnov. Not fair.
  11. Golfx

Denon as processor

That is a shame. Sigh
  12. Golfx

Is Anthem overrated? Considering switching to Denon

Typical Denon AVR manuals have 350 pages and online searchable versions as well.
  13. Golfx

Is Anthem overrated? Considering switching to Denon

Yep, once a human makes a decision it is seemingly impossible for them to not attached confirmation bias to that purchase. Denon will have fewer bugs—anthem more. Denon will be getting Dirac. Denon has much better user manuals. Anthem sparse user manuals.
  14. Golfx

NAD T778 vs Arcam AVR20 and/or how do I listen to an Atmos music stream on an AVR.

When purchasing any new NAD or Arcam new owners have had to run through a gauntlet of troubling bugs and glitches. The new Denons will likely be more bug free and will offer Dirac as an add on if you don‘t want audyssey. The only way I’ve found to hear atmos was: 1. via tidal app on my TV then...
  15. Golfx

Denon as processor

Welcome new person! I used a Denon AVR as just a prepro and used Nord Amplifiers for external amps which have both RCA and XLR inputs. This makes it easy to switch later on if you do go to XLR only. The latter provides some extra prevention of grounding/noise issues on really LONG cables...
  16. Golfx

But you are the one trying to recruit others into thinking like you do? You should be happy that you are a self-contained monopoly of your wisdom.
  17. Golfx

I have ALWAYS thought of adding more of everything=the disease of this addiction. There is an owners forum for the trinnov. Many posters have thousands of posts under their name and a larger number of speakers in dedicated LARGE home theaters in excess of 20 speakers. To summarize: multiple...
  18. Golfx

Sorry i have a trinnov
  19. Golfx

Regarding 3d remapping. You can use 2d remapping or 3d remapping. Also can decouple your surrounds/rears/back atmos from remapping and just use your LCR + front heights for 3d front remapping. Which is what I use because I have a center speaker mounted high over my TV (I have a fireplace and a...
  20. Golfx

16’ wide by 22‘ long by 22‘ tall
Top Bottom