Search results

1. DanielT

Open baffle with SB Audience Bianco-15OB350. FR + distortion measurement outdoors and indoors.Plus measurements FR on IEC baffle.

True, it was mostly just to highlight the issue with the size and design of the baffle, to get maximum or good sound out of the tweeters. I know you know this but others reading might maybe find it interesting,... new knowledge.:) Linkwitz LX521 you say. Why not.:) The best speakers I heard...
  2. DanielT

Deviation in DC Resistance/ Ohm, tweeter. How much is acceptable?

Good hypotheses! Or explanations for various error sources.:) The measurement itself I have carried out with my cheap $15 Euro multimeter. That could be the cause of the error if not the fact that I tested with that multimeter on other speaker elements, se #37. They measure as they should, so...
  3. DanielT

Open baffle with SB Audience Bianco-15OB350. FR + distortion measurement outdoors and indoors.Plus measurements FR on IEC baffle.

If we take it regarding tweeters. For example this one currently highly appreciated and used tweeters:SB26ADC-C000-4 SB themselves have measured it on an IEC baffle and I assume, but I don't know, that an IEC baffle does not have round baffle corners. Then you get this FR.Which looks good and...
  4. DanielT

Good-looking power cable

On with some stickers on your cable. It will look good then:;) https://www.redbubble.com/i/sticker/Snake-Oil-by-GregorDyer/28871793.EJUG5 ...just because ..that you can do that..:) Thin cable, choose smaller sticker. Edit: Others who joke about this with snake oil::)...
  5. DanielT

This with asymmetry. I think you are on the right track. Also in a general, it can certainly be worth keeping in mind regarding measurements on speaker element on IEC baffles (it measures as it does because the conditions are such).:) This is how SB themselves measured their SB Audience...
  6. DanielT

GR Research LGK 2.0 Speaker Review (A Joke)

Interesting!:) Not bad for speakers that are around 50 years old. With 50-year-old speaker elements. The ravages of time may have worn down the bass element. The x-max may have decreased due to hanging like that for 50 years. It can cause unpleasant distortion, if you are unlucky. In a...
  7. DanielT

That may be so, but in these specific case it is an open baffle construction in the video and SB's measurements made on an IEC (open?) baffle. Since the shape and size of the baffle is decisive for the FR, it is like comparing apples with pears. This IF the IEC baffle is different in size...
  8. DanielT

I thought this was interesting. Might be of interest to someone who is thinking of building an open baffle speaker. Too big speakers for me to fit in my living room/ listening room (plus I have other projects going on) but for those who have room for such big ones, why not? They seem to require...
  9. DanielT

Rule, Britannia!, Britannia rule the (sound)waves!

They are actually fun to listen to. Little like the bumblebee that can't fly but does so anyway. It shouldn't be good with an 8 inch driver paired with a 3/4 inch tweeter but it works, in some strange way.:) This tweeter in them...
  10. DanielT

They have the same 8 inch woofer. Looks pretty similar.:) https://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/vifa-m21wg0908-woofer.html The stands came with the purchase of them. Didn't ask much about them, but you might be right. Edit: Thread: Heybrook HB1 S3 speakers with original stands...
  11. DanielT

They got insanely bad. Blurry.:oops: Now testing again. Washed off the lens, holds steady and...ta da!:D .....:oops::confused: Hm, a little better but hmm. I'm starting a new thread about photography with a mobile phone(tips and advice), which in any case gives decent quality for the...
  12. DanielT

Do you recognize them?;) I'm with my mother and father right now. They use them daily. Partly together with FM radio and partly together with CD player. I put plastic veneer on them. As usual, bloody blurry pictures from my side. I'm useless at photography.:oops: Receiver Luxor 5082R power...
  13. DanielT

Damn, that would be really fun.:p It was just to get a title for the thread.An attempt at a bit of fun allusion.:)
  14. DanielT

I haven't made a trip to England yet. There have been other things to tinker with at home with the cabin BUT there will be a trip in the future. When that happens I'll see. Hopefully now for the coming spring. That would be damn fun.:D BBC you say....interesting. Could definitely be something...
  15. DanielT

I know you were joking.:) That measurement, okay nothing we for this thread we should drill deeper in so I'm just translating what is written.:) Weird, to say the least. It says: By the State Testing Institute measured data. Registration of the loudspeaker's acoustic effect as a function of...
  16. DanielT

By the standards of time, those 52.2 speakers measured well I should add. If I remember correctly. It's been a long time since I saw measurements on them.How they stand these days, compared to modern speakers, I don't know.:) Attached picture, measurement (FR at top of graph, distortion curves...
  17. DanielT

He he, well Stig Carlsson was an extremely meticulous man. He tested and measured over and over again. For example, it took him over a year to find suitable felt cloth for those speakers in the picture.:) As far as I know, the OA 52.2 has good FR and fairly low distortion.:)
  18. DanielT

Vintage Audio Advertising

From this link::) https://www.therevolverclub.com/blogs/the-revolver-club/9-outstanding-vintage-advertisements-featuring-hifi-audio-brands
  19. DanielT

Regarding reflection on desktop plate. You can place the speaker elements close to the table surface to reduce those problems. In addition, if you build the boxes yourself, you can angle the baffle exactly to your liking so that it fits your listening position.:) Attached image only tc9 without...
Top Bottom