Search results

1. staticV3

Compact audio set up active vs passive

All the attributes that make a speaker great for studio use, also make it great for home use. Having clean, linear sound and lots of it is never a bad thing, even if you're just watching Better Call Saul on your couch.
  2. staticV3

Mic for REW or MultiEQ-X?

Definitely the mic (UMIK-1). Not sure what the digital tape meaure is good for when doing room EQ (maybe setting your speaker distances?). Also in doubt whether MultEQ-X is worth $200 comsidering that REW and Equalizer Apo are free (unless your AVR forces you to use that).
  3. staticV3

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

The 400se has less severe high frequency resonances.
  4. staticV3

ER2SE cable adapters to not have to resort to expensive stock cables or custom cables?

I have not tried these adapters yet. What I have done is made my own cable for my 4XR using the same Etymotic MMCX plugs that the cables on AliExpress come with: And those are just as solid as the stock plugs in my experience. They too have that locking nipple:
  5. staticV3

In about the same price range: Genelec 8010 / G One Genelec 8020 / G Two iLoud Micro iLoud MTM Neumann KH 80 not yet tested: Eve SC203/204/205
  6. staticV3

Passive speakers are a dying breed, making external speaker Amps not very future proof imo. That being said, I wouldn't even consider a Q Acoustic speaker as they don't have a single graph or measurement on their website. If it performed well, I'm sure the brand would proudly put the proof of...
  7. staticV3

DSP Engine: Parametric equalizer - settings for Astell & Kern Pathfinder

Ideally, try all six and keep the one you like best. If you already know that Harman IE2019v2 is not for you, then you can discard those and only compare the three "IEF" presets.
  8. staticV3

ER2SE cable adapters to not have to resort to expensive stock cables or custom cables?

There are loads of cheap cables on AliExpress: Here are a few adapters to regular mmcx: Link1 Link2 Link3 Link4 Link5
  9. staticV3

I don't understand the question. The preset selected in your screenshot, "Pathfinder Super IEF" is indeed the same as the "Pathfinder Super IEF" preset that I talked about above. "Pathfinder Super IEF" = "Pathfinder Super IEF"
  10. staticV3

SMSL D400ES and SMSL D400Ex

does L7Audiolab look a bit desaturated lately, or is it just me?
  11. staticV3

No. "Pathfinder Super IEF" is Super* Review's measurement of the Pathfinder EQed to a modified version of Crinacle's IEF Neutral target with the bass response of the Monarch MKII added. "Pathfinder" = IEM "Super" = guy who measured the IEM, in this case Super* Review "IEF" = abbreviation of the...
  12. staticV3

Smallest possible amp for Dan Clark Aeons?

@theglobalelite glad to hear it. If you can borrow a friend's Android phone/tablet, then you can use the Tweak9038 App to customize your 9038S's minimum and maximum volume limits. You can make it so that 1% on your iPhone is just the right amount of quiet for listening at night, and 100% is as...
  13. staticV3

Two speakers for computer

You need some kind of DAC for the iLouds. There's one built into your PC that you can use, or you can get an external one. The best value DACs if you don't need knobs, switches, multiple inputs, are dongles. Apple A2049 ($9) Ugreen 80583 ($40) Moondrop Dawn 3.5 ($65) I'd get the Ugreen and...
  14. staticV3

Pathfinder Super IEF is Super* Review's measurement of the Pathfinder EQed to the red target in the frequency response target graph above. Me too :D I can redo the preset with another target sample rate. Is Super IEF the one you prefer? And what sample rates do you listen to the most?
  15. staticV3

Khadas Tone2 Pro Review (DAC & Amp)

No. 0.8dB difference is the same loudness difference no matter where you are in absolute terms.
  16. staticV3

MOTU M2 balanced TRS output. -10dBV or +4dBu?

I chose RCA in, -10dBV as an arbitrary 0dB reference to compare the other configs against. There's no deeper meaning to it. "dBr" means dB relative to some reference. The numbers also assume that TRS voltage is 2x RCA voltage. This is usually the case (like with your Motu), but is not guaranteed.
  17. staticV3

Beta-test: DeltaWave Null Comparison software

you can find a brief description of the different graphs here: https://deltaw.org/mydoc_quickstart.html
Top Bottom