Search results

1. Sprint

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

how does it work if I need to attach to 2 SAM subs? Do I need a splitter? Also if I need 5.2.4, I would need two of them...correct? I already have 3 8340 as LCR, 2 8330 as surrounds. One of my future idea would be add 4 8320 as Atmos speakers.
  2. Sprint

I can understand why Ilkka-rissanen suggesting to stick with analog. Just want to share a hearing test I did between 2.ch stereo fed by XLR analog input and 2.ch stereo fed by AES digital input into Genelec 8340 LR speakers. I hardly noticed any difference in the sound. I did level matching with...
  3. Sprint

I was leaning towards VanityPro to have an all digital inputs. Since VanityPro could not do ATMOS, I dropped the idea. Because One of the Genelec reps said it is better to upgrade my 5.2 analog set up to ATMOS 5.4.2 with a AV processor which will give a better sonic improvement over all digital...
  4. Sprint

Lamenting the lack of good quality budget A/V Preamplifier/Processors

Ofcourse, if I did not have GLM for Genelecs. But GLM is extremely good in my opinion. It is rather other way around. In a few years, I will replace my SVS subs with Genelec subs to get the best bass management via GLM.
  5. Sprint

I can only agree. I just brought the next version 5200 based on reviews/measurements from Steve - Audioholics. I am super happy with the sound though I do not use YPAO. I use other tools (GLM + Dirac) for room correction.
  6. Sprint

Anything better than Genelec?

Sorry I do not agree unfortunately. I have a Genelec 5.2 setup and I listen to them the whole day at different volumes without getting tired and so do the different sound engineers/music producers around the world who work all day long. That being said, my room is not professionally treated...
  7. Sprint

Emotiva BasX MC1 13.2 Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Processor

I did not use the room correction of IOTA as I use the room correction of Genelec and DIRAC for subwoofers. For movies, I would say IOTA is as close as 70-80% of Yamaha. However the sound signature is different. Yamaha is more refined and IOTA is earthy and I agree to the review here. For me the...
  8. Sprint

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Yeah fully understand your opinion. Luckily, that Gene did not find any other issues and due to his recommendations, helped me go for it and I thought if needed, worse case I will use RCA pre-outs for front LR. However I do not see the need as the THD is not audible either to me or also others...
  9. Sprint

Fully agree better SINAD is preferable. But there is no AVP that ticks all the boxes for me and still sound amazing. I selected my AVP based on price, reliability and more important how does it sound. Am I enjoying the sound and do I want this sound for the next 10 years? My requirement was I...
  10. Sprint

That's a million dollar debate if one hears any difference in DACs :) and it is my personal experience that ESS sounds different to my ears when I compared it with Cirrus Logic. Again it is my personal experience. Is it a placebo effect or mind play? I do not know :). Fully agree YPAO in the...
  11. Sprint

Yes I did see but as Gene has mentioned - it is not audible and clearly recommends to not consider this -23dB distortion as the one to reduce sonic clarity. I have driven the front LR channels to high levels and atleast I am unable to hear any sign of distortion. I do not even know if Yamaha...
  12. Sprint

I fully understand. It seems YPAO in lower end models were of a different level quality wise. But I hear from others that 5200 has 64 bit R.S.C which does a good job till 30HZ though personally I haven't tried because GLM takes me to a different level. However I need to admit, that DIRAC via...
  13. Sprint

I would add Yamaha CX-A5200 (measured well as reported by Audioholics here) under 2500 Euros. 64 bit YPAO does a good job until 30HZ. Below that use a miniDSP if needed or use manual PEQ. I do not use Room correction of Yamaha as I use GLM in my Genelecs which needs a XLR. Super happy with sound...
  14. Sprint

@Roland68 A day ago, I tried XLR and RCA on the same 2ch music. I did level matching using a DB meter. My dB level was set to -56dB on the dB meter. With RCA, the volume in CX-A5200 was -34dB whereas with XLR it was -40dB to achieve -56dB on the dB meter. This is absolutely ok as one would get...
  15. Sprint

Emotiva MC-1 Review (Home Theater Processor)

How do you exactly do a passive volume control HT-Bypass for 2ch? Interested to learn.
  16. Sprint

Fully Agree. Most of us stream movies Netflix, Amazon instead of physical discs nowadays where anyway the signals are lossy. The streamers like ATV 4K also plays its part in this game. For movies, I rely on AVP for the auto bass management. For 2ch, I fully bypass my AVP with a cheaper solution...
  17. Sprint

I have a Yamaha processor and I can check that. I do not use any EQ though. I once checked with my Apple 4K TV and Apple was down sampling to 48KHZ. I will now check with my PANASONIC Blu Ray and see what is happening.
  18. Sprint

Emotiva BasX MC1 13.2 Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Processor

That's what I thought as well. I had the AT-300 clone - IOTAVX AVX17 in my living room for few days. I did not use any room correction. Simple bass management to route 80hz and below to 2 subwoofers. Room correction was done & stored in my Genelec speakers. Subjectively, the sound from IOTAVX...
  19. Sprint

I would also add IOTAVX AVX17. I had this unit for a few days. It sounded quite decent to my ears and wanted to even keep it for its size/simplicity. The issue I had at my end was some delay in HDMI hand shake in comparison to my old AVR, also inability to select Upmixers for 2ch music (only...
Top Bottom