Search results

1. wacomme

WiiM Mini Streamer

It doesn't seem to work. I believe the reason why is that I cannot connect my own iPhone to my own iPhone hotspot. And thus, I cannot use the Wiim Mini app since I cannot connect to wifi. Is there another way around this problem?
  2. wacomme

WiiM Mini Streamer

It's a long thread, so sorry if this has been discussed already. Can I run the Wiim Mini off of an iPhone wifi hotspot? My work computer and internet are restricted. Thus, I'd like to use my iPhone as a wifi hotspot to the Wiim Mini, to a dac (toslink) and amp, and then to speakers or...
  3. wacomme

Kali LP-6 2nd Wave Experience

I bought a pair of Kali LP-6 v2 monitors last week too. I have yet to measure and EQ them, but out of the box they sound good, at least on par with my Adam T5V monitors.
  4. wacomme

WiiM Mini Streamer

I have the same problem. I have my toslink cable connected ok, but maybe it’s the Wiim cable itself. I’m going to buy a Monoprice toslink cable from Amazon to see if I can get beyond 24/48 with my Wiim Mini. I’m using Tidal top tier (unnecessary and I need to downgrade since I don’t have mqa).
  5. wacomme

Low Cost Music Server or Streamer With EQ

I never heard of it, but I'll investigate. Upon a little investigation I think I'll stay with the Raspberry, but thank you.
  6. wacomme

Does the Raspberry come with operating software? If not, where and how do I get it? I presume I need a small touchscreen to set it up? I live in a Mac environment - no PCs. Is that a problem to set up the Raspberry, especially if I'm just using it for EQ (Volumio and Fusion Dsp)?
  7. wacomme

There's also this on eBay, though much cheaper: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB RAM Computer w/ HeatSink and 64GBMicroSD Do I need an enclosure? Is a headsink necessary?
  8. wacomme

Would this work - Raspberry Pi 4B 2GB RAM Mini PC w/ Vilros aluminum case and power supply? I found it on eBay, though a bit pricey.
  9. wacomme

It just dawned on me about the Raspberry placement - between Wiim and E30ii. So, the Raspberry is just providing EQ and nothing else, correct? So, how powerful of a Raspberry do I need? And I presume I don't need one with wifi either. I just need to download and load the EQ software - via a USB...
  10. wacomme

Though pricier, there seems to be Raspberry Pi's for sale on eBay. What am I looking for if I go this route? I'm not sure I want to wait 1-2+ months for the Raspberry to become available from suppliers.
  11. wacomme

Equipment needed for Raspberry Pi setup: 1) Raspberry Pi - which model and configuration? 2) Power supply? Other accessories? 3) Software? I need software to run the Raspberry and access wifi. How do I access Apple Music and Tidal? 4) For EQ - Volumio and Fusion Dsp - both free? 5) Do I need a...
  12. wacomme

Oh my! The Raspberry tracker is cool, but what do I need? What should I be looking to buy?
  13. wacomme

Is this what I need to order - https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/raspberry-pi/RASPBERRY-PI-4B-2GB/10258782? What accessories do I need? Do I need a monitor? If so, what do I need? And is it possible with the Raspberry to have a small screen (7") showing the music being played? I see...
  14. wacomme

Why the Raspberry Pi option over the Mac Mini? Being unfamiliar with the PC environment, setting up a Raspberry seems a little daunting. Would I need to use PEQ settings for EQ, or could I use convolver (.wav) EQ? I suppose that would depend of the EQ software, but can the Raspberry Pi run...
  15. wacomme

I want to set up a music server or streamer in my living room. Upstairs in my home office I use a Macbook Air M1 streaming both Apple Music and Tidal. I use HLConvolver for my EQ to Kali LP-6 v2 monitors. Downstairs I have Adam T5V monitors in my living room connected to a Topping E30ii dac and...
  16. wacomme

Near Field Speakers for around 400 usd

I have the Kali LP-6 v2. A bit tall, but nice.
  17. wacomme

Looking for some computer speaker recommendations; can someone help break it down for a noob?

My vote is for the Kali LP-6 v2, but they’re somewhat tall and you don’t like the looks.
  18. wacomme

WiiM Mini Streamer

This might have already been covered, but if I set EQ on my computer for the wiim mini connected monitors, will the EQ settings be transmitted to the monitors using the Wiim app and/or the Tidal app?
  19. wacomme

Balanced DAC for Powered Speakers and Wiim Mini

Which is better? Topping E50 or SMSL DO100? I believe the Topping has MQA which may or may not make a difference using wiim and Tidal master level. How is the gain of the volume for the DO100 compared to the E50?
  20. wacomme

Balanced DAC for Powered Speakers and Wiim Mini

So many choices . . . What's a good DAC with a toslink connection to the Wiim Mini streamer and powered monitors (Adam T5V) with a balanced connection between DAC and monitors? I also want a preamp (I presume) to adjust the volume of the monitors when not using a remote (iPhone) for the...
Top Bottom