Search results

1. E

An audio engineer explains why Dolby Atmos Music is “definitely going to supersede stereo”

I am particularly glad to see the .2 That is what I have had since my first non-quad surround system around 1990. But I have been back to stereo with .2 for many years. & I am now in a place that has less than 1/4 the living room footprint I had and about 1/8th the room volume that I...
  2. E

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

Yes, CARS: When I worked for the Porsche factory in the1980's (as a quality inspector (various jobs over the years [paint inspector, operating a chassis dyno [making sure that every function worked as intended {AC down to a certain temperature, heat up to a certain temperature, etc]}) one of...
  3. E

Does anybody actually listen to "Hotel California" outside of gear demos? (answer: apparently so)

That's because they don't want you to ever leave (at least not until they have gotten all your money).
  4. E

Does anybody actually listen to "Hotel California" outside of gear demos? (answer: apparently so)

I don't stream. But I would by more physical media if it wasn't so dynamically squashed so much of the time.
  5. E

Yep, I just like the majority of the Eagles written songs played by the Eagles less than I like many, many others playing the songs that the Eagles wrote. Just as I despise Bob Dilan's songs when sung by him, I really like a lot of them when song by someone other than him. Yep, I know that most...
  6. E

Keeping headphones for a lifetime?

I bought my first piece's of "good" stereo gear in 1975-1977. I don't know exactly when I bought my Sennheiser TS180 headphones (except that it was many, many years ago). They are the only headphones that I have had that I actually use on a somewhat regular basis (because they are cordless and...
  7. E

I find some of the covers better than the original. But, being the type of person that has all of my songs on physical media, I do not own a copy of it. It's not so much that I don't like it, I just don't like it enough to have added it to my collection of stuff.
  8. E

There is something very, very wrong with today’s music

I enjoyed that one. Also, we enjoy George Carlin (who used curse words in witty ways). Different than just using them because you can. I am a Firesign Theatre kind of humor person: The Firesign Theatre's humor is best described as surreal, futuristic science fiction fantasy with a heavy dose...
  9. E

Wow! Sounds like OPERA. I think I would choose cursing over OPERA but it would be a most difficult choice. We all curse, I think, at some point in time. But to just use cursing as the third word of every sentence you utter... Well, that's up to you. But you won't be in my home doing...
  10. E

I don't like opera (I have been subjected to live performances, I can't even visualize having it come out of my speakers), music that has cursing for no apparent reason to me (cursing is not allowed in my home unless you managed to do something like have your stupid thumb get in the way of the...
  11. E

Keeping headphones for a lifetime?

My TR180 (Sennheiser cordless [digital wireless audio transmission technology] from Kleer 2.4 GHz {lossless audio transmission in CD-quality}) according to page 5 of the owners manual. They have traveled the word with me aboard ships and with many adventures (we made 14 trips through the Panama...
  12. E

Now this is some language skills!

I have one female friend (whom I used to date in Salzburg, Austria during some of my 9 trips there [not including the trip in which I was concieved in Charleston, SC but born in Salzburg Austria]) who speaks 12 languages and is certified to teach in 8 of them. Many around Austria speak at least...
  13. E

Food/snacks/candy that would literally be the death of you...

Yes, it would be to good for anyone else to have. So they must make sure that it goes no further than their mouths.
  14. E

Limited Participation For The Next Few Weeks...

Please do not try to do things physically that only one person shouldn't do. We all think at some point in time, "Oh, if I can do it by myself, it will save time & trouble". It might. But it only takes Nano-seconds for things to go horribly wrong. And then the time you were trying to save will...
  15. E

FMOD high pass filters?

I Use this from them. It works well and I can select my frequency crossovers. I run a tri-amped system (one stereo amp with over .6 KW a channel for the 2 subs [2 ohm] and one .5 KW amp for each of the left & right channels [4 ohm])
  16. E

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Perhaps on a semi-regular basis every 2 or 3 weeks would be enough. And not necessarily you, personally. But someone that has had enough direct contact with you to know what they are talking about when responding to queries. Or that we would know that you or someone that has some internal...
  17. E

Topping E30 II DAC Review

What I would be out of is something irreplaceable: time. That is exactly why I don't do the same thing that some other folks do; as you say: let's scrape the bottom of the pricing barrel, and hope we can uncover a diamond in it. If something is extraordinarily inexpensive, then corners are cut...
  18. E

PMA-NC252MP power amplifier

The two that I feel MOST important that are not done on this site are: Dampening Factor Slew Rate And as seen in the review you mentioned, they both come up, one with the graph and the other in the text. For a few years manufacturers of amps gave these 2 specs (the NAD 2100's & 2200's that I...
  19. E

PMA-NC252MP power amplifier

I also like that there are "a different set of measurements" here.
  20. E

Yes, absolutely. I like it very much. But can they do it live with only 3 people? (Like ELP?) Maybe more people is OK. But live, for an audience, out of a studio? In 1972 Edgar Winter formed The Edgar Winter Group which included Dan Hartman, Ronnie Montrose and Chuck Ruff The Edgar Winter...
Top Bottom