Search results

1. B

Ripping CD collection

Yes I put all my LP's on Cassettes as well, on my good old Nak. I've always believed If your going to do something do it the best you can. Also take care of your stuff, that includes hardware as well as software . Its all fleeting anyways, LP's,8 tracks, cassettes, even reel to reel loses its...
  2. B

Ripping CD collection

Quite a bit of the Stream content is good. Some on the other hand are not much better than nothing at all.
  3. B

Ripping CD collection

I've heard some of the older recordings and a lossless copy is still a copy of a lousy recording. Different CD masterings may sound better or sometime worse, just louder. Its nice now to be able to listen to FLAC renderings on Amazon that aren't very good and then compare them to my MP3...
  4. B

Steve Wilson Remixes question

First off I'm a big Jethro Tull fan, as well as ELP. I also like to fiddle with CD's using Audacity. Its also cool to see what the recordings look like as well, shows a lot about how they're recorded. I know its a simple program, but it does do a lot. I have to say I'm not hugely impressed with...
  5. B

Ripping CD collection

Yes I really like CD's. I also now have access to streaming music as well(Amazon Music). I used to like LP's too, but I finally moved on(and now there back!). I don't understand the CD's deteriorate with time thing. I haven't run into one yet anyways.. I could just do FLAC, and be done with it...
  6. B

Wharfedale Diamond 220 Budget Speaker Review

Good thing is I actually plan on an SVS sub at some point, so thats good to know. Right now I'm planning a Voxel build, as soon as I figure out the box size. I think I'll go with the Slot port If I can. Going to use this with my Audioengine A5+ speakers in my bedroom.
  7. B

I keep going back and forth between 80-90hz, although I think I prefer 90hz actually.
  8. B

Which media player for music files ?

I've always liked playing around with ripping CD's and using Audacity. Switched to Win 10 awhile ago and was wondering what you use for a music media player. Win 10 had some groove music player and I just didn't really like it. I've heard Foobar is good but can be somewhat difficult to setup. I...
  9. B

How to adjust Parametric eq for speaker anomalies ?

So my receiver does not have eq, well its only 17 years old. It did have YPAO but the mic was lost a long time ago. I actually have the Wharfedale 220 speakers now. I am trying to understand exactly what the readings mean in there Review test. "Out of box experience with the Diamond 220 was...
  10. B

Measurements of Nakamichi Dragon Cassette Deck

I'd bet its the tape itself. Are cassette tapes even made anymore ? The magnetic tape particles actually separate from the backing. I was a Nak owner, I think it was the 700 or something similar. I also used a reel to reel as well and the sound was very similar, although I think the Reel to reel...
  11. B

Looking for some really smooth sounding bookshelf speakers- suggestions?

How about Wharfedale 220, and they are at a great price too.
  12. B

250$-300$ Compact (powered) Bookshelf speakers that don't look ugly?

Audioengine A5+ https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audioengine-a5-powered-speaker-review.13803/ " Conclusions You can buy $100 powered monitors these days. So $400 seems quite a reach in the age of commoditization. Fortunately if you care about fidelity, the...
  13. B

Wharfedale Diamond 220 crossover point ?

One other thing is speaker cables. My receiver is almost right next to the left speaker, while the right is probably 8 - 10 feet away. Should you run the same distance speaker wire to each or a shorter one to the closer speaker?
  14. B

OK I'll keep that in mind when I do the setup, thanks.
  15. B

So where would you recommend crossing these over to a subwoofer ? I was thinking maybe 80-100 hz ? I notioced Amir saying there was a slight boominess, anyway to eliminate this with a different crossover point ?
  16. B

So where would you recommend crossing these over to a subwoofer ? I was thinking maybe 80-100 hz ? I notioced Amir saying there was a slight boominess, anyway to eliminate this with a different crossover point ?
  17. B

Bought Wharfedale 220 but too big for wall mount, Inwall maybe?

I have to say this is just a huge letdown. Im afraid the Wharfedale's just stick out too far into the room. Right one is right next to a hallway leading into my living room. So I can cut holes in the wall and make a space for them, or get inwall speakers. I have about 3 1/2 inches in the wall...
  18. B

Any AV receivers with built in equalizers ?

I had just read in a few reviews the Denon receivers had a warmer sound, but maybe I was mistaken with that. I do know Amir thought that the X-3600 was one of the better AV's he had tested.
  19. B

Not particular to equalizers, but since I am talking about equalizing speakers. What would you say the receiver with the best sound is that has Audyssey MultEQ XT32 ? I've heard its the best version. Is it limited to just high end receivers ? I saw the great review here of the Denon...
  20. B

I have the manual and the only available eq is for the center channel only. Thats mainly for matching the other speakers and dialogue.
Top Bottom