Search results

1. R

Sennheiser HD569 Headphone Review

Any preference curve applies to a majority, and does not have to (and cannot) fit everybody. Hearing loss (early I assume) below 4 kHz is relatively typical for persons working in noisy conditions, operating heavy machines etc. (but not limited to these causes). I would get a professional...
  2. R

Sennheiser HD569 Headphone Review

Seems "not terrible" to me, considering the probable use case - most of them probably end up as TV headphones for the elderly. No joke, I've seen many of similarly priced Sennheisers in this role in my years in Germany. The illusion of "buying German" included. :D
  3. R

Schiit Modi+ DAC Review

I doubt it would be possible at any cost ATM. Globalization, the country with the lowest cost gets the factory...
  4. R

Schiit Modi+ DAC Review

Fine. Considering the many good DACs out there, it would be great to see balanced outputs and a HPA "on board", but probably impossible at this price level.
  5. R

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

This might be either out of their technical reach, or not matching their "vision". To compete with companies like RME? :)
  6. R

I suspect they want the electronics to be "unique" too, and degrade the performance this way. Standard solutions have become standard for a reason.
  7. R

Bragging rights, level steampunk :D
  8. R

OK, it's broken. By design. :p
  9. R

I'm relatively "immune" to what stuff looks like, but this, on the front panel, is super ugly IMHO.
  10. R

If I had bought this, and read this review, I would turn into a giraffe and bite myself in the a** :p (which accidentally rhymes with...)
  11. R

@bidn Headless Panther Amp :cool:
  12. R

Seems to qualify for two panthers: one headless and one piggybank. :facepalm:
  13. R

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

A perfect match. Admittedly being notoriously cheap, I thought after reading the review, if only it had a headphone amp too... And, the EX5 has one, at the same price, and hardly being audibly worse...
  14. R

TAD Evolution 2 Speaker Review

And the Genelec has amplification included, as well as a DAC. But the wood veneer... :)
  15. R

TAD Evolution 2 Speaker Review

At 2.000 $, and considering the build quality, its "sins" are bearable... oh wait :oops:
  16. R

Aperion N5T Speaker Review

What I was thinking of: JBL 305 or 308 Mk II plus the matching sub. Admittedly much worse WAF, but otherwise... and they have amplification included.
  17. R

Aperion N5T Speaker Review

Not terrible IMHO, but not more than this. Some smaller and cheaper monitors measure better.
  18. R

AIYIMA A08 Pro Amplifier Review

If I were them, I would try "crowd design" - let a forum like ASR propose a design the most will find appealing. Curious what the result would look like ;)
  19. R

AIYIMA A08 Pro Amplifier Review

Great little amp for this low price. I would, however, gladly trade in the tone controls for a second VU meter and a HPA. With one VU meter it makes one think it's mono.
Top Bottom