Search results

1. D

Topping MX5, A new device?

I just have to ask, why would you get an MX-device and not use the speaker output? There are way better dedicated HP/DAC/AMP devices for less.
  2. D

Star Wars: Andor (TV)

Picard reads like lasers and space ships Charlie's Angel's but they're serious
  3. D

Picard hurts my brain. I had all of TNG playing in the background while studying in college. Made it through the whole series in the second year. I can't believe how much the man playing Picard messed up writing the character of Picard. This, on the other hand, has some problems but shows some...
  4. D

Sigberg Audio Manta (12" dual cardioid active speakers) prototype / build thread

Super cool. How does it handle rear reflections? If the side slots are out of phase and cancel the reflections, do you get out of phase reflections from the rear wall? And when is it going to Amir?
  5. D

The animated series came on through autoplay one time and it was shockingly funny, self-referential and multi-layered. Like a good old Simpsons episode.
  6. D

Very Nice Cheap Kit Speakers: HiVi/Swans DIY 2.2A & 3.1

Maybe I'll build surrounds and a center... It's still cheaper than the raw drivers alone. Crazy.
  7. D

Crazy PA Coaxials for Hifi

For all the potential value of a professional grade coaxial driver, I haven't seen the measured value of the woofer as a waveguide. Coaxial listening axis alone is valuable, but if the woofer isn't an effective acoustic horn, it only produces different kind of inaccurate directivity or...
  8. D

I don't think they'd ever have sex with each other if they were married but they would definitely have a lot of kinky sex.
  9. D

I can't help but be excited for the ISB love story of the millennium. Those two are amazing. Her overexcited torture scientist gives me the fuckin creeps.
  10. D

That's why it's weird Disney is doing it with a premiere show. About a rebellion no less. I'm stuck in this place right now where I'm giving a lot of criticism for how it's been done, but I'm excited to see how it turns out. It's Disney though, so next season could be a Boba Fett series halfway...
  11. D

I can definitely respect a new attempt at a Breaking Bad type series. In a lot of ways, making it Star Wars is a huge risk and one that has had mixed effects on the outcome of the series. I'm starting to like it, with the quality actors and buildup gathering meaning in the plot, the only thing...
  12. D

Directiva driver candidate discussion

Just wanted to highlight the R1 design goals re: driver discussion. There’s a great model available right now, but regarding scalability, it would be nice if a version that ditched the $1000 budget and demand for the purifi woofer. There are plenty of affordable options for making a two way that...
  13. D

I just have no need for (another) midfield two-way. I considered doing it for the sake of experiment but R2 is much more appealing on that front. R1 would likely have more builds by now if it wasn't so economically intimidating. I don't question the quality of the Purifi driver at all. Like the...
  14. D

I still believe in the Seas ER18RNX or one of the SB Acoustics 6"ers as a D-R1.5 model intended to be used with subwoofers. The Purifi woofer is amazing, state of the art, and exotic. But with a subwoofer there seems to be a lot of value thrown out in the long run.
  15. D

Active Curved Beyma 15MC700nd/AE TD12M/TPL150H

Listening position and room can both be set in VituixCAD. No idea how to make a non-rectangular or complex room. And don't forget to fill out the driver XYZ offsets, especially with a waveguide moving the tweeter back
  16. D

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Cardioids are super nice but don’t always fit the use case. Wide vs narrow dispersion is all about use case. Want a relaxed, low volume environment with a lot of suitable listening positions? Go wide. Omni is best. That’s the “live band in your room” feeling. It can cause more room interaction...
  17. D

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

If your goal is actual sound quality in a room like that, it may be worthwhile to consider pro audio. "Stereo" may not cut it in a 20'x40'. I'm one of the people who hasn't actually heard most of these speakers. I've heard the Genelecs in studio, and a KEF Blade on a retail floor, but not the...
  18. D

I finally hit anticipation for this show tonight. Good job, Andor.
  19. D

Have you considered using a passive XO on the mid/tweeter and using EQ to fix irregularities? I'm also super biased toward active woofers
  20. D

In addition to the horizontal/vertical lobing issue, a 2-way ribbon will have huge distortion or directivity issues at the crossover anyways. Pairing it with woofer will likely require an unusually high crossover point, both drivers will likely distort at that level, and both drivers will...
Top Bottom