Search results

1. J

WiiM Pro Streamer

Thanks, it will work on android 7 and above so compatible with my phone, great.
  2. J

WiiM Pro Streamer

Anyone know the spec on the eq? graphic or parametric? and what version of android is needed to use it ( able to install app)?
  3. J

WiiM Mini Streamer

Is this device able to stream music players like poweramp etc?
  4. J

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

I get the same, I am also presuming its normal for this amp.
  5. J

miniDSP Flex

Am I correct in assuming that using a minidsp flex would mean that I could mostly forgo room treatment ( bass traps/acoustic panels etc) also does anyone know if Dirac can be added at a later date if required?
  6. J

miniDSP Flex

Pity, I was hoping that I could just use the flex with my smsl AO200 and have sub integration. Is it still possible by turning the integrated amps volume up and using the flex as a preamp?
  7. J

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

I shall be having one of these later. robust, strongly hopped. Even nicer straight from the cask.
  8. J

Looking for small active STEREO speakers I can throw in a carry on bag and travel with

I have the original non bluetooth versions, good sound with lots of versatility, add a sub, eq app, vwired if required, very robust. Don't know if they reach the audiophile quality requirement though https://minirigs.co.uk/
  9. J

What are the things you wish you knew when starting out in this hobby?

If the electronics in the speakers are good enough then all well and good, my concern would be if it developed a fault and potential difficulty getting repairs.
  10. J

Whats your favorite Music App for Android?

I'm looking for a player that can use tidal for casting to google chromecast audio with eq, Does Uapp do this and if so is it dependant on the android version that the phone supports?
  11. J

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Wow he found it really good though, "In general, and in comparison to the others in house, the T2S Stabilizer gave me more of what I enjoy about the vinyl experience—my soundstage was wider, deeper, imaging was crackerjack, and timbral accuracy uncanny. At first needle drop, the sound seemed...
  12. J

This seems like a good place to ask for suggestions: inexpensive but decent "Bluetooth" speaker?

Anker motion plus, very decent bluetooth speaker, if you want to you can buy two and pair wirelessly in stereo, good eq app which is updated. Good customer support. Amazon have periodic sales so may get it cheaper if you wait.
  13. J

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

I think it must be for 2.2 setups? I think I remember seeing outputs with left/right stereo sub outs but why? as bass is non directional. Yep I just turn it off via remote.
  14. J

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

The sub outs are combined so each one is stereo, so use either, I plug both into my sub as it has two inputs, I don't know if that's the way to do it, but it doesn't seem to hurt and I don't have to crank the volume up so much on the sub. the volume wheel will just keep rotating, on/off switch...
  15. J

SMSL AO200, Lack of bass punch/definition with Elac debut 6.2's

Pretty much as afternine said but I've not really used clipping protection as I don't usually have it above 35 volume. I think I'm just having to get used to this amp and its more fuller treble after the Rotel, quite possibly with its masking the mid bass with details. I'm getting the deeper...
Top Bottom