Search results

1. A

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

My quoted post referred to the R3 vs LS50 Metas.
  2. A

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

Who told you that? Is that insider knowledge not disclosed to the public? Seems unlikely. They use the same version of the UniQ driver. That’s what was made available to the public.
  3. A

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

This is incorrect. Verify.
  4. A

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

My friend, everything you can possibly know about these speakers without actually listening to them, is said probably more than once in this thread. Do read it, and above all, try to listen to both, as you will read recommended in the thread. The LS50 (original) are a tremendous speaker. Truly...
  5. A

SMSL M400 Balanced USB MQA DAC Review

Thank you, @Jimbob54 . I am not familiar with those graphs, so I ask you: isn’t the super slow the flattest in the audible range? Thanks again!
  6. A

I have the “brickwall” filter in the M500. In the M400 I had the “short sharp” and now have the default, “Sharp”. The short sharp sounded weird specially after the inclusion of the Pre90 in the chain.
  7. A

I don’t know if this is the correct place to ask but I can’t find the answer anywhere: Is there an equivalent of “brickwall” (no filter) for the M400 as there is in the M500? I have been pretty much in love with the M400 for the past 1.5 months and decided to give my beloved M500 a try, and...
  8. A

Should I add a pre amp to my SMSL m400?

Great! Just so you know, the Topping Pre90 potentially solves the issue of splitting the signal because it has two outputs, one XLR and one RCA. Potentially because you need to have an amplifier with XLR inputs. Glad to know your new addition to your setup improved your enjoyment. Have fun.
  9. A

Should I add a pre amp to my SMSL m400?

The Topping Pre90 measures extremely well and my subjective impressions are it is amazing. Somehow it adds clarity to the sound. I really don’t know how to describe it but it definitely improved everything. Even vocals were at the beginning strange because somehow they were more dispersed than...
  10. A

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

Get them already! haha. Seriously, for home theater the LS50 Meta dont stand a chance against the R3. I´d get the R2C just because it will be very hard to find another person who wants a third R3, and that would make the R3 as LCR almost 4k at current pricing. This remained saved as a draft. I...
  11. A

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I am talking about a ABX test, to see if a few listeners are able to distinguish between a group (or two) DACs. I have a calibrated Mic.
  12. A

@BDWoody I just ordered the pre90 to extend the inputs of my preamp, and will buy locally the mixer I need to use my microphone in order to tests the DACs I have here. I know data not only suggests that I wont be able to notice differences, they practically predict I wont, but I will perform the...
  13. A

This post is great. I mean, I maybe I consider it so because it is my own hypothesis. Jaja. I am not a musician or acoustician, and that is what I think based only in experience. I do factor in the few results I hear that people fail ABX tests, but what do I do with the fact that my aunt, who is...
  14. A

@audio2design No, I am not assuming audio science is stagnant. I understand your points, but I don’t think they respond to the fact that there is reductionism in audio, not in the scientists working in acoustics, I am talking about the measures people use to infer the quality of audio equipment...
  15. A

This is interesting. I have been working in strategic planning for about 14 years now. Not full time but occasionally I work that subject. My experience somehow is similar to what you are saying when it comes to measuring things. We humans apparently have a tendency to measure (and do)...
  16. A

Your inference that I am saying in that post that speakers can be evaluated without placing it in the intended room came from your imagination, not my post. Why do you need that?
  17. A

As I said, I think I implied, I think those things CAN be measured and some probably are, but some of them ar e simply not published because they are irrelevant or incomprehensible to the vast majority of consumers, and also they could be a part of the competitive advantage/edge some...
  18. A

Yeah. Anyone who don’t agree with you and what you think you know Boggs you down. Very nice.
Top Bottom