Search results

1. T

Danny Richie, GR Research, doesn't recommend a speaker he can't sell an "upgrade" kit for

If the original caps were reversible electrolytics then it's likely they would have deteriorated over time, but the rest? Nah.
  2. T

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review: Does it Make an Audible Difference?

How can a conditioner or regenerator enhance sound?
  3. T

ISOTEK EVO3 Aquarius Power Conditioner Review

I would describe that as enhanced placebo!
  4. T

ISOTEK EVO3 Aquarius Power Conditioner Review

The placebo effect is pretty well documented and neatly explains your experience. There is no other explanation.
  5. T

KEF R3 OR BOWER & WILKINS S706 s2 ???

That was a direct quote from the Stereophile review on the 705 S3. The KEF mentioned is the LS50.
  6. T

If you got tired out in minutes by the 'trebble' you surely would have returned the speakers.
  7. T

The KEFs are excellent value, but the Bowers & Wilkins offer a more transparent window into the music, as well as deeper lows and airier highs.
  8. T

See thread title. Amir didn't really like the sound of the R3, but I love the sound of my 706s.
  9. T

Of course you can, and the result can be very pleasing if you do. The LS3/5A for example. Even at high levels a flat response isn't necessarily perceived as the best sounding, and the room has an influence at all frequencies. For an example of that look at the Stereophile curves in the lab...
  10. T

Anyway the 706 wins hands down.
  11. T

Turning bookshelf speakers on the side (horizontal) vs upright (vertical)?

As long as he doesn't measure them it'll be fine. ;)
  12. T

Turning bookshelf speakers on the side (horizontal) vs upright (vertical)?

It'll be fine. As you say tweeters on the outside will give a wider stereo image.
  13. T

Amplifier started humming

You have to be careful of that 120 Hz rectified DC stuff. :eek:
  14. T

How often do you change your inner record sleeves? What do you use?

I have had several with the poly inner sleeves that have stuck to the record and left a residue, so I usually swap them out for paper ones.
  15. T

You want an argument. Sorry, won't bite. :facepalm: If it was drawing a large excess of current it's pretty obvious there would be other signs present.
  16. T

I think the flames and smoke will have given that away. It's just a buzzy transformer, FFS.
  17. T

Especially if you think that everything may be faulty. ;)
  18. T

Stop digging. LOL.
  19. T

Drying out caps would cause hum through the speakers. They wouldn't cause the transformer to hum.
  20. T

Try tightening the fixing bolt in the middle.
Top Bottom