Search results for query: outdoor speaker

1. S

Outdoor Speakers

Hey, I have been researching a few different brands for outdoor speakers. I have narrowed down the list to Bose 251, Sonance Mariner 64 and Definitive Technology AW6500. What do you recommend?
  2. T

Bathroom speakers

Any outdoor speakers should meet your requirements I think. Check the roon forums, this thread for example may give you some ideas: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/outdoor-roon-ready-active-speakers/207574
  3. G

Active outdoor speakers

Hey there folks. So I've been searching the web for active outdoor speakers without much success. If they are wifi / network speakers that's better yet but that's not needed. I want them to be active so I don't need an extra Amp for the outdoor part of my roon setup. Ideally I'd like...
  4. G

Budget preamp + amp for two outdoor speakers

Hey there, audio cats! So I'm planning to set up a pair of DT AW6500 on my terrace (here: https://www.definitivetechnology.com/en-us/product/outdoor/aw6500). At the source / networking end, I use Roon so I'm comfy with a Raspberry Pi 3 + HAT DAC (there are various options but that is not the...
  5. amirm

Revel M80XC Review (Outdoor Speaker)

...So feel free to read what you want into my subjective remarks (objective tests use the same protocol as any other speaker). As outdoor speakers go, the M80XC is on the larger size but attractively finished: Owner wanted it tested without the grill and this is how it looks: As you see...
  6. G

Does this vertical dispersion make for a bad choice as atmos speaker?

Hello, I have been researching to upgrade my atmos speakers and within limitations it seems outdoor speakers will be the easiest option to replace my Polk OWM3 as they normally have a threaded insert which makes it a quick swap. But something about outdoor speakers does not make me feel right so...
  7. Skidoogie

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/outdoor-speaker-depot-deal-sale-on-amplifiers-3-channel-5-channel-7-channel.3250289/
  8. DMill

Bathroom speakers

Bought one for around the pool. It plays Bob Marley songs from my phone just fine. Nothing to write home about sound wise but it’s fine for background music. If you need something mounted to a wall Id go with outdoor speakers.
  9. V

Class D amp recommendation

Hi all! Was hoping to borrow some of your expertise and wisdom. I plan to order a Polk Audio Atrium 8 SDI speaker for outdoors. I plan on using it as a dual (single stereo speaker). https://www.polkaudio.com/en-us/product/outdoor-speakers/atrium8-sdi From what I understand this will use...
  10. N

Why are omni-directional microphones preferred to measure speakers? Why not directional?

When doing indoor (and even outdoor measurements it seems) to get a quasi-anechoic response from a speaker, we use time gating to eliminate reflections. This technique, especially indoors, has a lower frequency limit. Could we not use a directional microphone to attenuate first reflections to...
  11. Thomas_A

AIYIMA A200 Stereo Amplifier Review

Nice review as always. The size and price is good for portable use. I am however, looking for some small, cheap portable amp for outdoor speaker measurements. These ones seem to roll off from 5 kHz and up and have some load dependency. Is there any similarly sized cheap amp within +/- 0.5 dB to...
  12. Jim Taylor

Speaker placement for artist?

For "immersive" sound, get 5 ceiling brackets, and mount them around you. Something like this: https://proaudio.com/allen-products-mm-008cm-bt-multimount-outdoor-speaker-ceiling-mount-black/ You may need a stronger bracket. I'd get 5 relatively small powered speakers of your choice, a sub in...
  13. G

Budget speaker amp (or DAC + amp) for Revel M55XC

Hey there folks. Thinking about going with a pair of Revel M55XC outdoor speakers for my patio. What amp (with or without integrated dac) would you pair this with? Something budget that sounds decent and honors the quality of these speakers but nothing over the top, since this is for...
  14. L

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Hi there A30 owners. Three quick questions: Does anyone have two units stacked? If so, does one remote turn both on/off? Secondly, does the A30 remember the last input after being turned off/on? Third, I have 4 speakers (2 daisy-chained pairs) outdoors. I read this is 40 @ 8, is there any...
  15. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

While waiting for the WiiM update that will allow Bluetooth transmission from Wifi input ( I need this for an outdoor patio set of speakers that are BT only ( TWS works quite well) - my question is are there any other streamers that have BT transmission capability ( from Wifi input).
  16. Blumlein 88

Vandersteen VLR Speaker Review

Yes, some of these old school speaker companies could upgrade their designs by using REW and a Umik-1. The upgrade could be considerable. Not to mention if they then did outdoor ground plane measuring to get closer to accurate results. Have you yet measured any speakers with 1st order...
  17. thegeton

Parts Express Copperhead Desktop Full-Range Speaker build

Because the Mom told those boys to vacate the kitchen table and take that goofy shit outside...
  18. S

Crazy PA Coaxials for Hifi

I built a pair of these as my daily driver speakers, paired with 15" subs using the modified Eminence LAB15 woofers that DIYSG was selling for a while. They are absolutely phenomenal speakers. They are refined enough to use as hi-fi speakers in a small room, but I've also used them outdoors as...
  19. G

Does this vertical dispersion make for a bad choice as atmos speaker?

Yeah thats why I have been looking at bookshelf speakers or outdoor speakers instead
  20. mhardy6647

Parts Express Copperhead Desktop Full-Range Speaker build

Dang it -- that tears it. It's a conspiracy! I'm sure of it, now! ;)
Top Bottom